Boxing and MMA

Guy's in my work think they can see Khan v Hatton at the end of next year at Wembley.

I think that's the 'money' fight for both of them as khan needs to get his career on track as Ricky obviously wants the money and profile a fight like that would bring. Hatton has had 3 years out and as has been discussed at length a lifestyle that has almost certainly taken its toll and let's not kid ourselves he looked anything but his best against manny , we might learn more with his comeback fight but I think khan would almost certainly have way too much for him.

I think that's the 'money' fight for both of them as khan needs to get his career on track as Ricky obviously wants the money and profile a fight like that would bring. Hatton has had 3 years out and as has been discussed at length a lifestyle that has almost certainly taken its toll and let's not kid ourselves he looked anything but his best against manny , we might learn more with his comeback fight but I think khan would almost certainly have way too much for him.

Gonna have to disagree with you here mate. I think if Ricky gets in his face constantly he beats him easy providing he fights like we know he can. Its been proven that Khan hates inside fighting and prefers keeping it at a distance, But 1st things first. Let's see Ricky in the tune up fight first then we can see what his level is.

Also this isn't about money for Ricky, he has millions, this is personal reasons why he decided to come back.

(tu)

Gonna have to disagree with you here mate. I think if Ricky gets in his face constantly he beats him easy providing he fights like we know he can. Its been proven that Khan hates inside fighting and prefers keeping it at a distance, But 1st things first. Let's see Ricky in the tune up fight first then we can see what his level is.

Also this isn't about money for Ricky, he has millions, this is personal reasons why he decided to come back.

(tu)

I think losing the contract with sky for his fighters has hit him and his business isnt looking too rosy without a tv deal but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt mate as maybe I'm just cynical.

I've watched hatton live a lot and liked him as a fighter & an entertainer but he was a shadow of himself when he was pretty much 'humiliated' by manny & I realise that's a very strong word. Ricky's response was going a massive bender and treating his body in the manner that had led to the shape he was in that night. it's been spoken of at length the damage his ballooning and cutting weight almost certainly did and now he's had 3 years out nearly all of it at that weight and 'developed' alcohol & cocaine problems as well as depression.

If Ricky was in his prime I'd be pretty confident of how it'd go but by no stretch of anyone's imagination is he in his prime or even close to it, as you say we'll learn more (maybe) from his fight depending on the quality of the opponent but without a pretty dramatic showing I'll be backing khan I'd think .

Ricky has mentioned a few times that he doesn't need the money

It's like he's constantly saying it and giving you the impression he doesn't need it

But, I get the impression he's throwing you off the scent and he actually does need it

The stint in rehab isn't cheap

6months of it

He would have maybe earned £15m through fights but it wouldn't be long in going especially when he retired the same time as the banking crisis

Ricky has mentioned a few times that he doesn't need the money

It's like he's constantly saying it and giving you the impression he doesn't need it

But, I get the impression he's throwing you off the scent and he actually does need it

The stint in rehab isn't cheap

6months of it

He would have maybe earned £15m through fights but it wouldn't be long in going especially when he retired the same time as the banking crisis

He has an estimated fortune of £26 million

Looks like Bob Shannon, Thank fuck he's not going near Mayweather Snr

Here is latest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19602723

Did you get tickets btw?

Did he not work with Matthew against Brook ?

My brother was doing it earlier mate

Told him to get me 4 so we can go down in the car and make a night of it , fingers crossed

Khan rumoured to be looking at Virgil Hunter (Andre Ward's trainer) and Pedro Diaz (Cotto's trainer). Both good choices for him. I think he's got Alex Ariza back in his camp as well which is a good move, too.

Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez tonight.

Khan rumoured to be looking at Virgil Hunter (Andre Ward's trainer) and Pedro Diaz (Cotto's trainer). Both good choices for him. I think he's got Alex Ariza back in his camp as well which is a good move, too.

Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez tonight.

I expect Chavez Jnr to be exposed tonight. He's never really impressed me much. Is it on and tv channels

Also Canelo on boxnation tonight.

I actually fancy Chavez but I'm wary now after seeing how weight drained he looked at the weigh in

Martinez looked like he could have gone 12 rounds right there and then

Anyone know how billy joe Saunders went last night?

He does look really thin in the pics I seen actually, I'm going for Martinez by points

He won in 2 rounds. Looks like he should be stepping up the class of fighters he's fighting. But looked really sharp and accurate last night

PS did you manage to get the tickets? We are sitting block 211 row M Should be a cracking night. Obviously everyone on here knows how big a fan I am so wasn't gonna let this one go :lol:

He does look really thin in the pics I seen actually, I'm going for Martinez by points

He won in 2 rounds. Looks like he should be stepping up the class of fighters he's fighting. But looked really sharp and accurate last night

PS did you manage to get the tickets? We are sitting block 211 row M Should be a cracking night. Obviously everyone on here knows how big a fan I am so wasn't gonna let this one go :lol:

Yeah I got 4 mate for lower tier, not too sure where though

£56 ones

Saunders will hopefully step up soon

A fight against groves or Martin Murray would be good

I expect Chavez Jnr to be exposed tonight. He's never really impressed me much. Is it on and tv channels

Also Canelo on boxnation tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chavez nicked a decision. It's on Primetime.

Not really interested in Canelo's fight to be honest.