Boxing and MMA

I'm a big K Brook fan but really dissapointed in this

He's been shouting out he wants a world title and he had the chance but has opted for another eliminator, yes another one just like the last one was meant to be

Eddie Hearn and matchroom are meant to be good for uk boxing but lately I'm starting to think the opposite

He is matchmaking his fighters against guys who are over the hill and keeping them away from the major players

The likes of the warren stable ( burns etc ) and frank Maloney, hatton promotions etc are all being kept from sky and im sick of hearing how good Darren barker is etc

Guys like David price have been offered no sky contract due to him not being a matchroom fighter

Anyway, here's what brook had to say

Brook said: “The Bradley fight was put in front of me but I believe the mandatory position is the IBF is the right move. Eddie [Hearn] has worked hard to get me into this position and providing I beat Saldivia, I’ll be fighting for a world title at the start of 2013 and it will be on my terms.”

He's been shouting out he wants a world title and he had the chance but has opted for another eliminator, yes another one just like the last one was meant to be

Eddie Hearn and matchroom are meant to be good for uk boxing but lately I'm starting to think the opposite

He is matchmaking his fighters against guys who are over the hill and keeping them away from the major players

The likes of the warren stable ( burns etc ) and frank Maloney, hatton promotions etc are all being kept from sky and im sick of hearing how good Darren barker is etc

Guys like David price have been offered no sky contract due to him not being a matchroom fighter

Brook said: “The Bradley fight was put in front of me but I believe the mandatory position is the IBF is the right move. Eddie [Hearn] has worked hard to get me into this position and providing I beat Saldivia, I’ll be fighting for a world title at the start of 2013 and it will be on my terms.”

Totally agree 100%. He knows that Bradley will be moving up weight and vacate the title. Poor form from brook who has been nursed up till now.

Don't have much a problem with Kell Brook and personally I think he's made the right decision in turning down Bradley. He's not ready for him.

Pisses me off though how Sky constantly label him as "world class" when the toughest opponent he has faced is Carson Jones.

Brook said: "The Bradley fight was put in front of me but I believe the mandatory position is the IBF is the right move. Eddie [Hearn] has worked hard to get me into this position and providing I beat Saldivia, I'll be fighting for a world title at the start of 2013 and it will be on my terms."

I've heard that he was offered peanuts for the fight and if he signed, Bradleys promoters would tie Brook into a 4 fight deal with them. If thats the case he is right to tell them to fuck off.

dissapointing from Brook. Maybe he felt he mad emistakes and made harder work than he needed to against Jones.

for the record, i'd edge towards Brook as favourite against Bradley.

Ricky Hatton will announce who he'll be fighting in his comeback bout later today.

The Hitman is due to return to the ring in November after retiring last year.

He's not fought since losing to Manny Pacquiao in 2009.

A press conference is scheduled for 11am in a Manchester hotel.

The comeback fight will take place on November 24 at the Manchester arena.

Not only beat him. But stopped him in the 9th. So depending what Ricky we see in November I would be very confident of a stoppage for him. If malignaggi can stop him. Surely ricky can

Although Paulie has improved after stepping up in weight he's never been a puncher so the damage he caused is quite telling however for me this is no walkover and a much tougher fight than I thought he'd open his comeback with.