Boxing and MMA

At the moment got a ticket for a fight I don't want to see.

Surely it has to be considered a type of fraud selling tickets for an event that was never likely to be on!

I'm sure the event is still on mate. Although obviously without Burns, you could argue you paid to see Burns. I seen a twitter update advertising the event earlier today.

Frank Warren statement on Burns moving to matchroom.

Since being promoted and managed by Frank Warren, Ricky Burns has earned just approaching three quarters of a million pounds and has had 7 world title fights in just over two years. Ricky Burns is under binding promotional and management contracts.

Following the announcement by Eddie Hearn that Ricky Burns has signed with him, W. Promotions Limited and Frank Warren are suing Burns for substantial damages.

Going to try get tickets for Burns fight on May 11th. Eddie Hearn says he's due in Scotland on Thursday to book the venue & hoping to announce his opponent this week.

Also seen that Hearn is to unveil a big name signing to Matchroom on Wednesday,anyone got an idea who it could be?

Going to try get tickets for Burns fight on May 11th. Eddie Hearn says he's due in Scotland on Thursday to book the venue & hoping to announce his opponent this week.

Also seen that Hearn is to unveil a big name signing to Matchroom on Wednesday,anyone got an idea who it could be?

Don't do it mate. Just a gangareen brigade fest

James de gale or David price is my guesses

Luke Campbell or Lee Selby. One of them.

There's plenty of bears go to see burns fight.

Just because a section of green priests decided to chant 'just can't get enough' once in a while doesn't mean the fight needs to be ruined for you.

Personally I don't give a flying fuck who else is watching a fight anyway, I'm there to see the fight, if I wasn't away at sea in May I'd get a ticket asap

I'm definetely up for going,my mate is sorting the tickets,what time do the undercards usually start?

Would be gutted if i sat next to the gay brigade though.

Undercards usually start around half 6-7. Televised undercard won't start until after 8 though.

FW is very confident Nathan Cleverly will fight Bernard Hopkins in New York after his upcoming fight on April 20th.

Apparently they agreed a deal with Golden Boy last year but Cleverly got ordered to do a mandatory fight for his title.

I'm not so confident cleverly can win this tbh. He's no power and BH will walk through the powderpuff he throws at him. What cleverly does have is age on his side though. I would favour BH to win in all honesty

I'm not so confident cleverly can win this tbh. He's no power and BH will walk through the powderpuff he throws at him. What cleverly does have is age on his side though. I would favour BH to win in all honesty

Bhop doesn't walk through anyone. He's just an old fox that turns a 3 minute round into about 10 seconds of boxing with his opponent spending the rest of the round looking fustrated or clueless.

I'd pick cleverly. I think the kid is smart enough to execute game plan of throwing an insane amount of punches every round, even if he's hitting nothing - which suits Cleverly anyway, a Calzaghe-esque workrate is his style.