Boxing and MMA

Think Waites would do well in the PDC. Would certainly be pushing into the top 32 by the time the World Championships come back around

If he can’t get past the quarters at the BDO, he will do worse at the PDC although that is where the money is, BDO needs a sponsor to put some more money in.

Some great darts at the BDO this week though, a lot of the averages on a par with the PDC if you take Taylor out.

Interesting development from the Lakeside regarding the PDC takeover.

British Darts Organisation chief Olly Croft says he is "working on" a takeover offer from rival organisation the Professional Darts Corporation.

PDC head Barry Hearn had an offer of £1m plus a further £1m to invest in the game rejected by Croft in October.

But Croft has now told BBC Sport: "My opinion is that it has no substance but we are working on it.

"We want to know what's behind it before we can move forward but you won't get a decision overnight."

Darts has been divided since 1993 when 16 players chose to leave the BDO and form what is now the PDC.

The split now sees both organisations stage their own versions of the world championship, with the BBC covering the BDO's event at the Lakeside and Sky televising the PDC's showpiece, which is currently held at Alexandra Palace.

As well as the £2m cash, Hearn also offered to honour all existing contracts currently in place with sponsors, venues and the BBC.

Croft, who turned 80 in November, added: "He's offering money - where is that money coming from? Has he got it or is it coming from investors? If investors put money in they will want a return.

"If he takes 100% control, what will happen to our officials and board of directors?

"Our property is worth more than what he's offered and we want to know what he wants to do with the second £1m he's offered."

Croft initially said that his organisation was "not for sale" and that the offer was "nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt" but now seems to have been forced into a change of heart by the individual counties that go to make up the BDO.

"Our original offer has not been considered properly," Hearn told BBC Radio 5 live.

"I understand that the county organisations that own the BDO have instructed the BDO to commence negotiations.

"I want to buy it all so I control all of it. I want to sling everybody else out and make sure it's all done properly instead of just owning the PDC.

"I can't afford to have my market place polluted by a poor case of commercial exploitation.

"You've got to make sure that the market is controlled so that you deliver a standard product, and their product is not good enough."

Think Waites would do well in the PDC. Would certainly be pushing into the top 32 by the time the World Championships come back around

If he can’t get past the quarters at the BDO, he will do worse at the PDC although that is where the money is, BDO needs a sponsor to put some more money in.

Some great darts at the BDO this week though, a lot of the averages on a par with the PDC if you take Taylor out.

think anderson only got by the 1st round once at the lakeside before he made the switch

hes done alright for himself.

waites would be top 16 in a couple of years in the PDC and looking to push on, same as thornton is just now and anderson will be the same looking to push on in to top 8 or higher

top 16 in the PDC guarentees you a place in all the major tv tournaments, which in turn guarentees you enough prize money to fund yoursel on the tour, but it also brings more publicity which appeals to sponsors (especially if your doing well) and he would get alot more exhibition work

in my opinion he has the game to make a good living for himself in the PDC and he should defo go for it

also its the perfect time to go coz i believe the PDC are introducing a tour card this year and you need to be in the top 96 by a certain stage to get your card (not sure on the ins and outs of this though)

another good thing about scott waites........

his wife sally!! :drool:

Just ordered the Winmau Blade III, should be here on Wednesday! Just need to figure where the hell I'm putting it haha.

i used to have mine up in the living room until the burd moved in a couple of months ago

noo im confined to the bedroom wi hardly any room at all hahaha

also its the perfect time to go coz i believe the PDC are introducing a tour card this year and you need to be in the top 96 by a certain stage to get your card (not sure on the ins and outs of this though)

another good thing about scott waites........

his wife sally!! :drool:

The tour card is an interesting idea. i just hope there is another tour for the players who haven't made the top tour to continue their development

Anybody else think Ted Hankey could be the next one to jump ship over to the PDC?

I doubt it. Would suspect it would be either O'Shea or Waites. Speaking of O'Shea apparently he had a Rangers badge on the collar of his shirt during his game with Chisnall

Anybody else think Ted Hankey could be the next one to jump ship over to the PDC?

I doubt it. Would suspect it would be either O'Shea or Waites. Speaking of O'Shea apparently he had a Rangers badge on the collar of his shirt during his game with Chisnall

Going by reports Waites is seriously considering it, just think with Hankey getting put out in the QF he is in a ideal position to jump ship. He loved the attention he was getting at the GSOD and now is the right time for him to cash in.

Can't say i noticed O'Shea wearing a Rangers badge against Chisnall.

Going by reports Waites is seriously considering it, just think with Hankey getting put out in the QF he is in a ideal position to jump ship. He loved the attention he was getting at the GSOD and now is the right time for him to cash in.

I would love to see Hankey coming over but I just can't see it. Going by his previous comments about the PDC I don't think he would be welcomed with open arms. Darryl Fitton could be another one who could come over. I think he would revel in the PDC atmosphere

did waites not get to the semi's in the last Televised tourny ? in the comp where Hankey got booed to fuck :unsure:

Lost to taylor in the final of the Grand Slam

thought as much , my memory can only hold a months worth of info unless its really pointless info :lol:

I would love to see Hankey coming over but I just can't see it. Going by his previous comments about the PDC I don't think he would be welcomed with open arms. Darryl Fitton could be another one who could come over. I think he would revel in the PDC atmosphere

Don't think they would be any problems with him jumping over to the PDC, Mervyn King wasn't well liked afterall.

Hankey would be big money to the PDC, one thing the PDC don't have is somebody like Hankey a moody talented player that would take no shit. Imagine some of the events with Hankey involved it would make great TV.