Boxing and MMA

Really chuffed for Big John on saturday. He seems like a really nice guy and was robbed in the first Fury fight.

Also, Kevin Mitchell is threatening to retire after refusing to fight for the purse that Warren offered him to fight Murray. What a selfish, spoiled little shitebag. Got a world title fight at Upton Park and couldnt even be bothered to prepare for it. I hope the fight goes ahead and Murray fuckin destroys him.

Yeh Mitchell should just be glad Warren is giving him another chance. He was out boozing and partying in the weeks leading upto the Katsidis fight and he got destroyed as a result. Mitchell v Murray would be a good fight aswell. Apparently Murray will fight Gavin Rees or Alex Arthur instead.

Did anyone see the Nonito Donaire fight at the weekend? The guy is an absolute superstar. He's the king of the bantamweights, without a doubt. Stunning victory over Montiel. Check out the finish on YouTube, superb left hook.

Some murmurings about a possible step up to 126lbs to fight Juanma Lopez next. Now that would be epic. KO potential at any moment.

Did anyone see the Nonito Donaire fight at the weekend? The guy is an absolute superstar. He's the king of the bantamweights, without a doubt. Stunning victory over Montiel. Check out the finish on YouTube, superb left hook.

Some murmurings about a possible step up to 126lbs to fight Juanma Lopez next. Now that would be epic. KO potential at any moment.

Yes, I saw it. He looks the business doesn't he. I hope he fights the winner of the showtime bantamweight tournament final before moving up. Agbeko or Mares would be good fights.

John mcdermot is a big fatty heavyweight tbh .good win 4 him. How good does frankie gavin look. Defo a hot prospect.

Hes fat alright came in a bit heavy for the fight...lol. Gavin looks very good,hes got balance, movment and super fast combinations. He will grind alot of fighters down with that style.

Hes fat alright came in a bit heavy for the fight...lol. Gavin looks very good,hes got balance, movment and super fast combinations. He will grind alot of fighters down with that style.

What I lik about Gavin is when he is on the backfoot under pressure is he lands 3 and 4 punch combinations, very impressed with him in last few year, that was his hardest challenge yet and seemed to walk through Lomax punches . Not heard much from that other boy that was coming through with him Billy jo saunders who also looked the part, maybe he has been fighting but not seen him in a while.rolleyes.gif

Really chuffed for Big John on saturday. He seems like a really nice guy and was robbed in the first Fury fight.

Also, Kevin Mitchell is threatening to retire after refusing to fight for the purse that Warren offered him to fight Murray. What a selfish, spoiled little shitebag. Got a world title fight at Upton Park and couldnt even be bothered to prepare for it. I hope the fight goes ahead and Murray fuckin destroys him.

Yep your correct, I really liked Mitchell until that night at upton park where he just didn't look interested tbh. Murray is the best Lightweight in the UK now and deserves more than Mitchell.

I love the way the old time referees used to issue the full 10 count regardless of the condition of the stricken fighter, it was almost comical, at times dudes were almost lying in state and the referee would continue on, 4,5,6,7 totally undeterred.

I love the way the old time referees used to issue the full 10 count regardless of the condition of the stricken fighter, it was almost comical, at times dudes were almost lying in state and the referee would continue on, 4,5,6,7 totally undeterred.

Kinda like this one? I cant believe the ref even made it to 5. I remember watching this live and even though I had a bet on Torres to win I couldnt stop laughing at the ref trying to give him a count when he was completely unconscious.

Kinda like this one? I cant believe the ref even made it to 5. I remember watching this live and even though I had a bet on Torres to win I couldnt stop laughing at the ref trying to give him a count when he was completely unconscious.

I was a big Torres fan, huge puncher, was unlucky v prime Cotto. I think he would have won here if he hadn't have caught that huge headbutt which proceeded the right hand.

In the referees defence, I think on this occasion he as only picking up the count as he got down low to check Torres out. Which he most certainly was.

No I mean more like this:

Anyone watching matt hattons fight tonight? Any coughs? Ftp

Its getting shown on sky tomorrow night at half 6. I'm just going to try and avoid hearing the result and wait until then.

In other news the rumours are that Haye-Klitschko is basically a done deal. Klitschko-Chisora has been cancelled and talks are at an advanced stage with Haye.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html

try here later mate. dont think hattons got much chance...especially with alvarez above the weight limit

Did he come in above the agreed limit? Although I am totally against catchweights, if saul has come in above thats poor form from him, as ricky threatened to pull matt out if he did, cheerz.

Its getting shown on sky tomorrow night at half 6. I'm just going to try and avoid hearing the result and wait until then.

In other news the rumours are that Haye-Klitschko is basically a done deal. Klitschko-Chisora has been cancelled and talks are at an advanced stage with Haye.

I try and avoid it but just can't, heard that today about haye and klit. Heard that klit was injured although don't believe it for 1 minute and feel sorry for chisora, but if it gives us one of the fights we wanna see, then all the better. Just need pac n mayweather if pac gets by mosley and floyd gets out of court wifout any hastle.