Boxing and MMA

Looked to me like Alexander wanted out. Looked skittish throughout, punched with no authority or commitment for the most part, "keep away" punches. I had Bradley well up.

That headbutt should not have been enough to end the fight in my opinion, in fact it looked to me like Bradley came of worst. Couldn't open his eyes for the Doc? Skeptical.

Alexander was a disgrace last night I thought. He said after the fight that the doctor and ref decided to stop the fight. Did they fuck. He put on a shameful song and dance about it and pretended he couldnt even open his eye. He could have definitely carried on if he wanted to but instead he seen the chance to get out of there and took it. 'fuck, fuck, it burns, fuck'. What a pathetic way to pussy out of a fight. Blood wasnt pouring into his eye, there wasnt enough swelling to obscure his vision and he was basically pleading with the doctor to call the fight off.

Also, Larry Merchant asked Bradley after the fight if he 'had something on him' that would have caused Alexander to react like that. Basically accusing him of cheating. How that old idiot is still on HBO i will never know.

Doctor stated post fight that he felt his eye was acting paralysed.

I'm skeptical of the whole charade though.

But as I said. That is 6 fights in a row Bradley's head has injured or cut somebody. Other fighters are soon going to want no part of him, which is a shame as he's good enough to win without 'accidental' headbutts.

I actually don't think Bradley can be blamed too much for the butts in this instance at least. While he definitely bores in low, I don't see intention.

Terrible fight IMO first 3 rounds it looked good but didnt live up to the hype I think Khan would beat both these fighters easily the amount of heat butts was ridicules especially the one that ended the match that was a right sore one

It keeps happening though.

I also don't know how much he means it, but not for the first time Bradley finds himself in controversy after accidental butts have played a part.

It's not exactly fair that he's cutting his opponent with his head in every fight now due to his fighting style. Accidental cuts will always happen, but they are happening too often when Bradley is involved.

It's quickly reaching a point where nobody is going to want involved with him.

I hear what your saying but I don't think, as you acknowledge, he is being held soley responsible or that it has or will ever reach the point where people look elsewhere as long as he keeps winning.

Anybody know if and when khan and bradley fight each other, will they be fighting for ring magazine? Its lying vacant since pacquiao vacated it after he won it off hatton, not sure how they work it,

one theory is july after khan's tune up in april, peterson seems back on for that one.

Other theories might be the khan - jmm matchup instead, and bradley wanting either pac or more likely floyd, shaw his promoter seems to like that matchup.

one theory is july after khan's tune up in april, peterson seems back on for that one.

Other theories might be the khan - jmm matchup instead, and bradley wanting either pac or more likely floyd, shaw his promoter seems to like that matchup.

JMM is a fight I would like to see, marquez is 1 of the best counter punchers ive ever seen. IMO he would give khan fits. Can't really pick a winner, but who knows how much marquez has left in tank now tbh.

Anybody know if and when khan and bradley fight each other, will they be fighting for ring magazine? Its lying vacant since pacquiao vacated it after he won it off hatton, not sure how they work it,

I think after a title is vacated, a new champion can then only be crowned if the no.1 and no.2 ranked fighters square off. If I'm not mistaken Bradley will now be the Ring mag champ.

• 2 weeks later...

mitchell murray fight is off, the fight was only announced thursday. boxing politics just drag this sport down.

Yeah seen that on boxingscene.com , Kevin Mitchell was a fighter who I seen as the next big thing after Ricky hung up his gloves, but after that terrible 3rd round stoppage to katsidis 11 months ago it doesn't look great for him, IMO John Murray is the #1 lightweight in the UK now, and if that website is accurate that Mitchell didn't want anything to do with Murray i'm not surprised as Murray has looked really good lately, a very entertaining fighter who takes 1 to give 2, who knows. Also looking forward Khan Vs Mcloskey, Hope khan wins this 1, he is really starting to win me over now, never thought he would TBH but hey hey, mcloskey as I understand has a following of that wee scrote martin mcguiness.

Might well be, don't know for certain.

Either way, Bradley should be new champ.

Its at The Ring's discretion. They can make it 1 v 2 or 3 but they felt on this occasion that neither could be undisputed champ until they fought Khan.