Boxing and MMA

Just now, BlueMe said:

DeGale offered nothing here. Running in with his head down then clinching, throwing the odd punch, is shocking at this level. 

De gale is done and has been since the badou jack fight. This result will just mean eubank jnr will get seriously hurt at some point 

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

De gale is done and has been since the badou jack fight. This result will just mean eubank jnr will get seriously hurt at some point 

Degale fall from grace has been quick. He looks done. Least he had 1 positive, he didn't gas. 

Just now, maverick1200 said:

Degale fall from grace has been quick. He looks done. Least he had 1 positive, he didn't gas. 

Tbh i didnt think he had anywhere to fall from. Groves who was european level done him, de gale suffered from the whole olympic shite in this country since 2000

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

Eubank couldn't close the distance either. 

He just chased him around the ring mostly. Pish fight.

Just now, Gascoigne8 said:

Definitely, it was clear that DeGale was only in there for a final payday, I'd be very surprised if he fights again.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Definitely, it was clear that DeGale was only in there for a final payday, I'd be very surprised if he fights again.

Sure he said the other day if he doesn't win the night he retires 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I hope he does. He'll get ko against any elite fighter. 

23 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Thought Eubank looked smaller then Degale and he also said he could eat what he wanted before the fight as making the weight was easy.

Think he should be fighting back  at middleweight where he would be a handful for anybody.

He is far to small to be a super middle weight. You seen that against Groves. I think at middleweight, through sheer work rate and tenacity, he gives anyone a hard nights work. He will win some and lose some against the top guys down there. TBHZ I can't see him beating any top SMW.

I dunno what it is between Super Middleweight and Middleweight. In the last 10-15yrs it has been a bit of a watershed between the 2 divisions, with the trend seems to be a big step up in size, certainly amongst the top guys.

The top Super Middles tend to be, essentially Light Heavyweights that can cut an extra 7lbs in weight, where as Middleweights seem to be guys that are just a little bit to big to be Welterweights.

Somebody like Arthur Abraham, who was a wrecking ball at middleweight, looked very small and nothing special power wise, when moving up to SMW.

I think even the version of Golovkin a few years ago would have struggled if he ever moved up against a genuine top level super middleweight, simply because I don't think for all his elite level skills, he is big enough to overcome what would be a big size difference. Callum Smith for example, he is a cruiserweight that can get to 168lbs. Even Froch, Kessler, Ward, Groves, etc. Far more akin to LHW than MW.

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Bet fucked first game , stuck another on and gurney fucked it , need another 2 bull finishes to get something back from tonight 

Arsehole was 4-2 up first game too. Crowd got to him massively.

Gurney just got molested