The Official 'Charlie Adam in England' Thread

Bonkgers

Sky Sources understand Liverpool have had a £4million bid for Charlie Adam turned down by Blackpool.

Sought-after midfielder Adam has been heavily linked with a move away from Bloomfield Road during this month's transfer window, with Aston Villa having already had two offers for the 25-year-old rejected.

Pool boss Ian Holloway previously branded Villa's failed £3.5m bid for Adam 'insulting', and it appears the Seasiders were equally unimpressed by the Reds' offer, which was similarly snubbed despite being the highest bid yet for his services.

Holloway has continuously stated that Adam is going nowhere this month, stressing his desire to keep the highly-rated midfielder at the promoted club.

Adam has played a key role in Blackpool's maiden Premier League season, knocking in four goals for the Tangerines and helping them to an encouraging 10th in the table.

Sadly Walter thought Lee McCulloch was a better centre midfielder than Adam! <cr> Awful awful decision!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was right to think McCulloch was a better CM cos Adam didn't play very good at LM? <cr>

I just ment the way Adam played for us he was right to keep McCulloch instead.

McCulloch played on the left alot just like Adam but actually put in a shift.

I think its unfair to compare them anyway because they do different jobs, Davis would be the type of player to compare Adam too.

I just ment the way Adam played for us he was right to keep McCulloch instead.

McCulloch played on the left alot just like Adam but actually put in a shift.

I think its unfair to compare them anyway because they do different jobs, Davis would be the type of player to compare Adam too.

that's totally wrong, adam was getting far more games than mculloch did at that time especially at lm, mculloch was shunted everywhere to try accomodate him but just wasn't good enough at the time. Mculloch only got to be a regular when barry left.

davis is nothing like adam as a player, adam is best when spraying passes, davis best work when he's on the run, making little intricate passes, looking for the return

A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for him and with the bids Blackpool have received so far it's obvious that nobody apart from Ian Holloway and Rangers fans willing him on rate him as a ten million pound player.

I think going to Liverpool would be a disastar. He needs to be the main man to shine and with Gerrard at Anfield that is never going to happen.

that's totally wrong, adam was getting far more games than mculloch did at that time especially at lm, mculloch was shunted everywhere to try accomodate him but just wasn't good enough at the time. Mculloch only got to be a regular when barry left.

davis is nothing like adam as a player, adam is best when spraying passes, davis best work when he's on the run, making little intricate passes, looking for the return

No its not.

2007/08 season McCulloch made 42 appearances and played more than Adam and then 2008/09 season McCulloch didn't play as much because he was plagued with injuries but he still made more appearances than Adam and then the 2009/2010 season he played 42 times again and that's when he was a regular CM.

Proving everything you said to be false.

Davis is a playmaker the same way Adam is, they don't need to play the exact same way but they have the same roles.

No its not.

2007/08 season McCulloch made 42 appearances and played more than Adam and then 2008/09 season McCulloch didn't play as much because he was plagued with injuries but he still made more appearances than Adam and then the 2009/2010 season he played 42 times again and that's when he was a regular CM.

Proving everything you said to be false.

Davis is a playmaker the same way Adam is, they don't need to play the exact same way but they have the same roles.

why did walter try make lee into a centre back then, because at that particular time he could not get into the midfield, while adam did.

Lee was fuckin rotten at LM :lol:

I think we slated that guy week in week out when he was LM, we used to play high balls up to him, and he'd challenge and either head it into no mans land, or give away a free kick :lol:

Who knows what mccullochs correct position is.

Left back (in the dressing room)

Murray must be spitting when he sees this although to be fair Adam is a more valuable player now because he's shown that he can do it in the EPL.

Suppose it's just Walter's inability to bring through young players once again which is strange considering he worked under Jim McLean for years ... a man who was famous for doing just that

I am sick to the back teeth of Charlie Adam threads :anguish:

Yup, people act as if we let a world class player and integral part of the side leave for peanuts. If he was so great and full of potential when he was with us why the hell were Blackpool the only team that wanted him?