The Bears Den is becoming embarrassing.

Dennis

We have folk complaining about a player that has just signed for us, Instead of giving him a welcome and our support, you get folk slagging the guy off before he has even had his first training session.

Then we have todays match thread, where Walter,Ally,Big Kyle, Weir, Fleck, McCulloch, Edu, Whittaker have all took a beasting. There are too many on here think they could out manage Walter or think that they are better players than we have.

Then we have the panic merchant threads, where we are never going to win anything this year.

Catch a grip FFS, Rangers football Club needs our support on the park right now, and all this negative stuff does us no favours what so ever.

Well said. Its becoming a real grip board - every match thread is full of negative fkers and while its great to have opinions the lack of support for some our players is shocking.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long-term plans? Sacrificing the league?

Paul Le Guen tried it and the fucking players revolted, taking the fans with them.

i know and look where it got us

2 titles on the trot but in the shitter financially and hardly any youth having the experience required to drag us out of it

We have folk complaining about a player that has just signed for us, Instead of giving him a welcome and our support, you get folk slagging the guy off before he has even had his first training session.

Then we have todays match thread, where Walter,Ally,Big Kyle, Weir, Fleck, McCulloch, Edu, Whittaker have all took a beasting. There are too many on here think they could out manage Walter or think that they are better players than we have.

Then we have the panic merchant threads, where we are never going to win anything this year.

Catch a grip FFS, Rangers football Club needs our support on the park right now, and all this negative stuff does us no favours what so ever.

It getting more Like Follow Follow or Fenian Fenian as its called by any sensible Rangers supporter.

i know and look where it got us

2 titles on the trot but in the shitter financially and hardly any youth having the experience required to drag us out of it

Murray managed to have one of his best ideas and one of his worst, in a six month period. He shat it when he started getting flak, and played his 'legends' card. Pathetic and knee-jerk.

Chef once again resorts to petty, adolescent jibes like "you go pay the debt yourself or stop whining about poor football" rather than saying anything remotely enlightening

Yeah, no team with money problems has ever played good football

A team containing the likes of Whittaker, Davis, Naismith, Weiss, and Jelavic couldn't possibly keep the ball on the deck

petty and adolescent i aint, now taking the piss out off past legends from the club about alcohol issues, now thats petty and such, i dont retort too snidey wee comments either, thats thermo that does that (oops i just did) i understand where you are all coming from but to me wee cant just throw the title on the line just so we can see attacking football with the youngsters,. this is just me and an opinion, tell me when have i been petty? where is typing you pay the debt being petty or adolescent.

i can see your point, but right now the SPL title is bragging rights only, the lack of auto entry to the group stages makes the title almost worthless unless you can cobble together 3 decent aggregate results and make the champions league

what i would love to see is us winning the league this year, getting it right up that rat bastard lennon, then spending a couple of seasons building a long term plan of young lads that have shown they can compete

yes it is a massive risk in terms of winning the title, but by giving the young lads 2 seasons of working together and learning together you could effectively dominate for the next decade

why do rangers always go for the short term fix, the beggars have nothing in reserve anymore, but we have some good young lads that deserve a chance together

if i was given the chance to pick a system and team for one game at ibrox, i'd try this

Shagger

Papac (sweeper)

Bougherra A youth prospect

Whittaker--------------------------Wylde

davis-edu-Ness

Naismith

Jelavic

I dont know any young centre halves at the club, but surely we must have 1

then one your subs bench you have alexander, fleck, cole, hutton, kerkar (if he's any good) and then one of many strikers that are apparently good prospects

give this team/squad a few seasons together and i think we'd dominate for a decade, and also any replacements needed would only be 1 or 2, not like the squad overhaul we'll need to do this summer

Cracking post Jim.

I despise this short term pish.

I would be willing to sacrifice a few trophies if it meant we had a squad ready to dominate for years to come.

Cracking post Jim.

I despise this short term pish.

I would be willing to sacrifice a few trophies if it meant we had a squad ready to dominate for years to come.

man u done it, their dominance of england will go down in history as the ferguson era

and that was built on youth supplemented by the occasional star purchase

Murray managed to have one of his best ideas and one of his worst, in a six month period. He shat it when he started getting flak, and played his 'legends' card. Pathetic and knee-jerk.

oooooo your gonna get it for that one casey

wait till the defenders of the faith get a hold of this one, blood will be spilled :lol:

man u done it, their dominance of england will go down in history as the ferguson era

and that was built on youth supplemented by the occasional star purchase

You see from most of the posts on here that our club seems to exist just to finish above celt*c every year in the SPL,

Bullshit.

If we plan long term we can make an impact on Europe as well as taking the title every year.

Agree with the Man Utd comparison as well.

oooooo your gonna get it for that one casey

wait till the defenders of the faith get a hold of this one, blood will be spilled :lol:

Let them come! :D

One thing Murray isn't is daft. He is the master of manipulation and he's still at it from beyond the grave, so to speak. His appointment of Smith brought him two things. Breathing space, and ally who would not be critical, but would infact help to steer any of it towards another party.

Yes, because in our financial situation sacrificing two league titles would have been a fantastic strategy. No Champion League money, even less money to spend and a huge deficit with Celtic.

Also, Le Guen left because he was doing a bad job. Signed a centre back who couldn't head the ball, a striker who couldn't score goals and a goalkeeper who was dropped too late.

Yes, because in our financial situation sacrificing two league titles would have been a fantastic strategy. No Champion League money, even less money to spend and a huge deficit with Celtic.

Also, Le Guen left because he was doing a bad job. Signed a centre back who couldn't head the ball, a striker who couldn't score goals and a goalkeeper who was dropped too late.

Nice summation, if a tad cliched.

Any other minor points that you may have omitted, which could have led to that poor form?

Nice summation, if a tad cliched.

Any other minor points that you may have omitted, which could have led to that poor form?

There's loads of factors. The dressing room problems, poor signings, the lack of money, tactics etc. I would have loved to seen us achieve PLG's ultimate goal but the results were poor and the league was already over. That is the two most basic things for a Rangers manager to do. Win games and win the title. Most of the fans won't accept anything else and Smith has quite rightly ensured that we have done those.

Le Guen misunderestimated the extent of the job that needed doing. Instead of starting early and doing his homework he was running across the Sahara desert and the players he brought in were mince as well with the exception of Papac and Clement. Sorry but he didnt do himself justice and his failure to prepare properly for the job set us back big time.

It's a forum for opinions and ppl voice them.

Negative or positive it's just the nature of it.

Btw all the players and management mentioned deserved the "beasting"

a shite negative minging performance.

But it is the same every week with you. we get a draw at old trafford you moaned, we beat celtic you moaned, We got a respectable draw against Valencia and guess what you still fukin moaned. we are not as bad as some would let you believe, if we where, we wouldn't be in the title race, cup final and still in europe.

I like a good moan my self, but some of you's take it to extremes.

I don't even want to think what would have happened to us, if we didn't win the last two league titles.

There's loads of factors. The dressing room problems, poor signings, the lack of money, tactics etc. I would have loved to seen us achieve PLG's ultimate goal but the results were poor and the league was already over. That is the two most basic things for a Rangers manager to do. Win games and win the title. Most of the fans won't accept anything else and Smith has quite rightly ensured that we have done those.

Smith didn't have to contend with groups WITHIN the club actively trying to sabotage things. The lack of finance hurdle was overcome pretty easily too. Le Guen made many mistakes, I'm certainly not denying that, but to make comparisons as if things were like for like is disingenuous.

Most of my frustration comes from knowing that we are capable of playing a lot better football than what we keep falling back on; personally I just can't wrap my head around it. There were games this year when we've kept the ball on the deck and looked damned convincing in our victories, then the very next week it seems like we've completely forgotten everything that worked a scant seven days past and we're back to hoofing it up the park to the opposition over and over again. How on earth can our captain (in particular) keep doing this and not realise that it immediately puts us on our back heels again? I admire the heck out of the man and have his # and name on my jersey, but for an undeniably intelligent man to keep doing this is baffling to say the least. You can argue that Miller leaving makes a big difference in the way we now play, but we've been doing this for ages even when he was here. We ARE capable of so much better than what we saw on display today, which is why myself and many others will have a right moan when we see this sort of lackadaisical play happening.