Live press conference: Old Firm disorder discussed at summit

WeeBlue

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They covered that... Both clubs officials condemned the actions of Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist, but after both parties already having a meeting to discuss future conduct on representing each club. The matter is now closed.

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens the next time Lemon blows up on the touchline.

I have not seen any oft he conference, jsut going by the posts on here as I am in work.

I want him to stick up for our fans and say that this is all blown way out of proportion and that the number of arrests on an OF day are not all related to the football and should not be used to show that OF games are the problem.

It wasn't that type of press conference, it's more to do what happens away from the club in society. The football side of it wasn't the focus. As the police said... Inside the ground and the game itself taking place isn't a problem, as the police are confident with their track record of success of no major incidents in the last few years.

They are focusing on the abuse happening alround the West of Scotland, and they want our help to try and spread a message as they feel certain people will listen if the club help them out.

Why do we dance around the fact we have state run and financed sectarian schools and still they wonder where sectarianism comes from. At one time they used Rangers signing policy to beat us with that stick is no longer there, but sectarian schools are which is in fact Scotland shame

Been saying this for fooking years!!!!

People who get arrested on OF day would probably get arrested sooner or later anyway because they are that sort of person ... the idea they keep pushing that Glasgow is a completely sanitised city that goes mental on OF day is nonsense

I'm not so sure about that, Thermo. I've been arrested at an Old Firm match for something I've never been done for elsewhere.

Its a lot of nonsense anyway. The whole UDA thing is a lot of nonsense too. If they wanted to kill him, he would of been killed already. Same with most threats.

As Ian Paisley snr said it best. Anyone trying to kill you won't tell you they are going to do it, they will just do it.

Ahh that's all right then - tell his kids that! Jeez, some people really are heartless

I agree completely about Bain - all their responses would have been carefully agreed upon prior to the Q & A session.

But, I'm not so sure about nothing changing. The polis made it clear that their issue is with what happens after and away from the ground. Who can forget what was agreed after the 1980 Scottish cup final?

Now, I don't know what they expect to happen or what they are planning to do, but I'm of the opinion they should do something to tackle the violence and excessive drinking.

Oh I agree they should try to do something, but I can't see anything major of note being done about it. The people they're talking about don't want to be helped and that's on both sides.

If they want to do something, they'll do it.

I'm not so sure about that, Thermo. I've been arrested at an Old Firm match for something I've never been done for elsewhere.

Yes but you're not a Glaswegian :sherlock:

Seriously though, I'll bet you most of the people who are arrested for stabbings and serious assaults on OF day will have been arrested for the same things at other times. I know scuffles and the like can happen but that happens at all levels of football where there is a strong rivalry

* widespread agreement that existing rules and regulations are consistently applied and respected;

* to explore practicalities of new scheduling for the Old Firm fixture;

* to introduce tough new measures to cut alcohol consumption before and after games;

* to insure all those involved in matches are aware of their responsibilities - this will involve a pre-match briefing from police to players and managers;

* to support the expansion of community and social partnerships between the Old Firm clubs;

* to support all work to address sectarianism;

* to look at measures to extend the scope of football banning orders; and

* to look at greater public order policing of the internet.

* widespread agreement that existing rules and regulations are consistently applied and respected;

* to introduce tough new measures to cut alcohol consumption before and after games;

* to insure all those involved in matches are aware of their responsibilities - this will involve a pre-match briefing from police to players and managers;

* to support the expansion of community and social partnerships between the Old Firm clubs;

The schools?

I am gonna have to get dark curtains for Old Firm days as I do not attend but have a swally in the house!

Does kicking the shit out of the cat constitute domestic violence? If so, I have never done it when I see Lennon's face.

Oh I agree they should try to do something, but I can't see anything major of note being done about it.

I think it's likely the polis and the govt. will use this as an excuse to start wheeling in heavy price rises for alcohol and more restrictions on it's availability on match days.

Oh I agree they should try to do something, but I can't see anything major of note being done about it. The people they're talking about don't want to be helped and that's on both sides.

If they want to do something, they'll do it.

Hee! Hee! Did you not hear Salmond getting in his party political broadcast for minimum alcohol prices. They need the revenue from higher taxes on alcohol.

I think it's likely the polis and the govt. will use this as an excuse to start wheeling in heavy price rises for alcohol and more restrictions on it's availability on match days.

That's more than likely, but it wont stop people drinking heavily and taking stuff before, during, or after the game at home. They'll stock up weeks in advance.

The problem is what happens away from the ground, not what happens inside the stadium or the fans that attend the games.

Hee! Hee! Did you not hear Salmond getting in his party political broadcast for minimum alcohol prices. They need the revenue from higher taxes on alcohol.

I found it funny that he want's both clubs to condemn alcohol abuse, when both clubs major sponsor is Tennent's. You really couldn't make it up. But that's another issue... :sherlock:

In other words:

i'm trying to get through to the radio on sportsound for a very very long time, because i'm incensed on what is going on, this whole thing is not down to us, its not down to them its the media coverage in this country and the fat wankers at the scottish goverment are the cause of this, if last wednesdays match is meant to have brought this outcome WHERE THE FUCK where they when celtic imploded on may 1999 at parkhead, ref gets pelted by coins, numbrous fan invasions by celtic, refs house attacked.

so i ask were the hell was the outcome then? a few months back hearts and hibs fans ran battles in the street, a bottle was thrown on the park, we're the outcry of BAN IT NOW.

the overblown media is at fault here.

We all know what Peter Liewell is like, but he is good at his job. Martin Bain is completely out of his depth, an incompetent, spineless, shitebag.

Yet there are still some that defend him and his fucking master.

Where were the police when Nacho Novo's address was publicised on the internet?

Where were the politicians when the scum were singing their 'Nacho Novo bullet' song?

Where was Nil By Mouth's condemnation of the Celtic fans annual poppy day protests?

Fuck them all!