Death threats and Lennon

Smile

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point you're making here? The Novo stuff was widely reported in the media.

I'm saying its happened to our players so it makes us hypocrites to condemn the novo stuff then try to condone the lennon stuff.

What's the point you're making here? The Novo stuff was widely reported in the media.

I cant remember it ever being used in conjunction with Novo's behaviour on the pitch, like it is with Lennon and his childish antics on the touchline.

It seems to be being used like a get out of jail card in monopoly, Lennon can do what he wants because he's being victimised by the big bad Rangers supporters, it's laughable.

I'm saying its happened to our players so it makes us hypocrites to condemn the novo stuff then try to condone the lennon stuff.

I dont think now a Forum got rid of you because you were Catholic, to be quite honest.

I cant remember it ever being used in conjunction with Novo's behaviour on the pitch, like it is with Lennon and his childish antics on the touchline.

It seems to be being used like a get out of jail card in monopoly, Lennon can do what he wants because he's being victimised by the big bad Rangers supporters, it's laughable.

Lennon was widely criticised after the Oldfirm game - I didn't see anyone mentioning death threats in conjunction with it.

Very sad in this day and age a man is in fear of his life because of his religion. :rolleyes:

And of course it has nothing to do with his general behaviour or his demeanour at trackisde or his snarling and aggressive behaviour towards our players and officials.

Or his dodgy deals with known IRA people

Or his abusive and threatening text messages to a pregnant woman

Or his alcohol abuse

This

(tu)

Does seem ridiculous, tbh. Crazy world, this OF fishbowl. Goughie coming out and saying NL is a nice guy and aw' that. Tin hat strapped on here, I'm sure the guy does have some good points - after all, even Hitler liked his dogs - but if he does, he sure does a masterful job of hiding them from the rest of the world. Putting it mildly, I don't like what I've seen of the man, but I would never condone death threats to a player or gaffer, no matter how tempting the thought is in the heat of battle. Still, you have to own up to your antics, and ignoring or downplaying the part Neil and his Bhoys played in the last derby madness is inexcusable, especially when Diouf has been practically crucified by C*ltic supporters and the vast majority of the mhedia hacks.

Lennon was widely criticised after the Oldfirm game - I didn't see anyone mentioning death threats in conjunction with it.

Seems to be the common theme now though like its an excuse for his behaviour.

Only after Rangers fans contacted the Spanish Consulate.....and that was as a

result of the Irish Consulate becoming involved re "Why Don't They Go Home."

Fighting fire with fire.

I don't think they weren't widely condemned or criticised for contacting the Irish Consulate but when Rangers fans did same it was a nonsense as far as the press were concerned.

Whilst he may have had the odd 'death threat' from a nutter, I don't believe for one minute that all this bomb hoax death threat shite surrounding Lemon is genuine at all. A lot of it is a smokescreen to cover his abhorrant behaviour. There is a pattern to these things, whenever Lemon in is trouble, viola, a death threat appears and suddenly whatever Lemon is in trouble for gets swept under the carpet.

If Lemon actually behaved in a proper and dignified manner, then there wouldn't be any 'death threats' but I guess it plays to the poor down trodden catholic minority image he likes to portray. The whole thing is pathetic, but even more pathetic is how the media and even some Rangers fans get sucked into the whole thing.

If someone was really out to kill Lemon, they are hardly going to advertise it.

Whilst he may have had the odd 'death threat' from a nutter, I don't believe for one minute that all this bomb hoax death threat shite surrounding Lemon is genuine at all. A lot of it is a smokescreen to cover his abhorrant behaviour. There is a pattern to these things, whenever Lemon in is trouble, viola, a death threat appears and suddenly whatever Lemon is in trouble for gets swept under the carpet.

If Lemon actually behaved in a proper and dignified manner, then there wouldn't be any 'death threats' but I guess it plays to the poor down trodden catholic minority image he likes to portray. The whole thing is pathetic, but even more pathetic is how the media and even some Rangers fans get sucked into the whole thing.

If someone was really out to kill Lemon, they are hardly going to advertise it.

Exactly, Lennons the common denominator in all the trouble Celtic should have done the decent thing and got rid of him but he suits there Victim agenda just now.

Totally agree - the guy has family and should not be receiving death threats because he is the manager of Celtic FC.

I don't like the guy and what he does is pretty pathetic at times but he is hurting nobody and is certainly not a threat to anyones life.

This is football ffs, not the Bronx

There's something fishy about Soccerfan

This board needs to be locked down - I am not sure I can cope with all this paranoia over new users. Every one of them (including me) seem to get it in the neck for the first week or so of their membership!

Very sad in this day and age a man is in fear of his life because of his religion.

I was recently dismissed from another Rangers forum as I admitted I was catholic, what the hell is that all about.

I've been a season ticket at Ibrox for 8 years and these narrow minded fools tell me I am not art of Rangers because I am catholic, i was gobsmacked.

yes, I hate celtic but my love for Rangers is stronger, I wish all this religious bullshit would stop.

anyway, I'd like to take this oportunity to introduce myself :D

WATP

Welcome, i think the threats against Lennon are more to do with him being a absolute prick of a person who literally gets away with open sectarianism and public showings of hatred, arrogance and obnoxiousness rather than just being a Catholic. I ask simply, why are no other Catholics being targeted?

(tu)

Best way to get rid of the religious bile is to outlaw religion full stop. Ban it. Close down sectarian schools, jail the religious fanatics, close down the churches and chapels and say bye bye to outdated and ancient teachings. Its the 21st century, religion went out of date possibly around the early 1900's.