UEFA to hammer Rangers

Jelle1880

RANGERS Football Club has been informed that UEFA is to take disciplinary action against the Club following allegations of sectarian singing by supporters during the recent Europa League away game against PSV Eindhoven on Thursday, 10 March.

The Club is to face a disciplinary hearing in Switzerland later this month.

Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain commented: "We are utterly dismayed to be informed by UEFA that it is to take disciplinary action against the Club. We will defend the Club's position vigorously at the hearing which is scheduled for later this month.

"UEFA has already made clear in previous disciplinary hearings that sanctions against Rangers have been mitigated by the extensive work the Club does to tackle sectarianism. A high ranking UEFA delegation also described our Club as exemplars of best practice in this area and only a few weeks ago the First Minister complimented us on the efforts we make as a Club.

"Our position regarding sectarian and offensive singing has been made clear time and again - we condemn it and those who indulge in it only damage the interests of the Club. We have worked closely with our supporters groups to try to deal with this issue and believe that few other clubs make as big an effort to tackle anti-social behaviour. We are not saying there is not a problem but we are saying that for many years now we have made strenuous attempts to address it.

"We do, however, believe that it is absurd to think that only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs. That is patently not the case and we are left to conclude that there is a disproportionate focus on Rangers. It has also become clear there are people who have been determined to undermine our Club at any cost and have constantly lobbied UEFA and other organisations to take action against Rangers."

About time Bain called attention to this shit. This witch hunt against us is a fuckin scandal and anyone that thinks it will stop at TBBs or the The Famine Song has their head up their arse.

Hope Bain has decided that we won't go down without a fight and payback.

Sick of this shite.

To be honest i was waiting fr this to happen. We have to realise that UEFA aren't going to change their mind regarding the songs and need to play ball. It's completely reckless singing these songs nowadays - what's it gonna take?

On another note - I have no idea why this charge would stop the takeover in it's tracks. Unbelievable journalism

Well for all the cunts that greet on here about this. You had been warned fight the cunts in the mehdia and tarrier support who want us hammered. But people kept saying "thats wit eh tarriers dae" "stop stoopin tae their level" Then bang this is what fucking happens.

Eindhoven wasnt even that bad ffs. Show us yer videos and yer proof UEFA ya shower of dirty catholic bastards. Whats up dont you like it being pointed out, your religion is corrupt!

Manky bastards. Seriously the only club to be hammered for this. A fucking shambles.

I hope this vigourous defense centres around the fact these songs aren't sectarian rather than "we're doing all we can" it's about time there was a robust defense of what these songs mean.

To be honest i was waiting fr this to happen. We have to realise that UEFA aren't going to change their mind regarding the songs and need to play ball. It's completely reckless singing these songs nowadays - what's it gonna take?

On another note - I have no idea why this charge would stop the takeover in it's tracks. Unbelievable journalism

Whit fucking songs chrissy bhoy. Where you even fucking there?

:shifty:

Well i will be contacting the club today. Time they got the feelings of the fans and took them into consideration.

They need to stop agreeing and actually look at the wording of the songs.

Unless the UEFA delegate was in eindhoven square after the game then i dont think it was he who complained lets be honest, the cunt wont even know what any of our songs are about

You know something i`m sick of this it`s about time this club of ours came out fighting and nailed the scum that is behind all this. Get our Lawyers digging the dirt on each and everyone of them and get whatever friendly media we have to get it in the public domain, and although i love the billy boys in it`s true form can we not get a slight change in the words and have it belting out at Ibrox once more.

Well i will be contacting the club today. Time they got the feelings of the fans and took them into consideration.

They need to stop agreeing and actually look at the wording of the songs.

Unless the UEFA delegate was in eindhoven square after the game then i dont think it was he who complained lets be honest, the cunt wont even know what any of our songs are about

Britney was posting about it on Twitter after the match IIRC.

Weird coincidence eh.

Would it not be easier and certainly more effective to just stop singing these songs and chants and highlight the tims stuff ?

It's been made clear we're only going to get the club into bother and give the tims a laugh.

Better yet, find some "political" songs and lets see the tims complain about them. Might even drag UEFA into moving against them too, much to Timmys annoyance.

Can anyone list the other teams in Europe who've had to change their choice of songs?

None.

Lazio, Roma, the Moscow sides, Zenit etc can do as they please.

I will add something to this. In a way if the club as one were banned and i knew our finances were going to be fine i would want a 3 year ban. Let the rest raise the co efficient points for Scotland. Then by the time we are back lets see the fucking mess the co efficient is