***The Rangers vs. St. Mirren Thread***

Muff

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww don't say that I'm going to it :anguish:

This is the first home game in the SPL that I won't have been to in a while.

I can't take another 90 minutes defending a one goal lead and that is why I have got cans of JD and coke stored away :pipe:

Defo mate, although do believe our tactics play a part. If we attacked teams instead of sitting back we could be more comfortable.

Last comfortable win was St Johnstone at home 4-0 back end of February, although I would take seven 1-0 victories from now until the end of the season. (tu)

Goal difference does worry me though. (td):(

The goal difference this year is a massive worry. Nowhere near as good as last year and its mainly down to our defence not being effective coupled with us not being as attacking minded all through the season. We are Rangers, we are the champions, we should be attacking every single team we play in the SPL all day long. Give them no time on the ball, win it back in numbers and control games, unfortunately the players have other ideas sad.gif

we also beat Motherwell 6-0 at home in February and 4-1 away at some point but I think that was in January, before Kenny left.

Hope we continue to get the job done! Guts me as I have to leave tomorrow for the dreaded obligatory family holiday (9 days... :anguish:) , so Ill miss the matches against St. Midden and DU on the following Tuesday. Come back late a week from Saturday, just in time for the big smackdown on Easter - hope we're still neck and neck when I return and that we can seal Septic's doom at the 'brox (fingers crossed!!!)! 'Till then, keep the home fires burning, people!

:mcgregor:

:Foster: :whittaker: :weir: :papac:

:diouf: :davis: :ness: :wylde:

:jelavic: :healy:

Rangers 3-0 St.Mirren

Jelavic(2)

Healy

Any win will do, I don't care how it's done, just win. Please.

:jelavic:

Would like for us to switch to a 4-2-3-1 whilst using it as an attacking formation.

McGregor

Foster Weir Whittaker Papac

Ness Hutton

Davis Edu Diouf

Jelavic

I like this team, but I'd probably prefer to try Fleck in Edu's position.

I would play:

McGregor

Foster Whittaker Weir Papac

Davis Hutton Ness Diouf

Jelavic Healy/Lafferty

I think even with that team, there should be more than enough there to beat St Mirren by a few. Edu has played constantly throughout the season, give the man a break!

should be looking at increasing the GD by 3 or 4 this weekend

anything less and its not good enough tbh

I reckon we'll squeeze past this one.

1-0 probably.