Yohan Benalouane

herdy89

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have had Benalouane for £1m last summer. Durrant was over in France scouting this guy last summer and I really hoped we signed him then, I'm glad we're back in for him. He's a big strong left-footed CB who can also play as a CDM because he's very comfortable on the ball. I hope we get him.

He is decent yes. its a bad day when fellow bears worry about a possible celtic signing, were would he play(in your eyes) mate. he is not a LB

I think Ally is going to try a 3-5-2 and I think Benalouane would be part of that back 3. A back 3 of Bartley, Goian and Benalouane with Wallace and Whittaker as wing-backs. However, if Ally goes with a 4-4-2 then Benalouane could play as a CDM. I think it's a good buy. (tu)

Potential Breakout Star

French-born Tunisian Yohan Benalouane is an accomplished central defender and is certainly one to watch closely this term, but he will have serious competition for a place thanks to the arrival of Luca Caldirola on a co-ownership deal with Inter. The Italy U-21 international is a huge prospect and was impressive on loan to Dutch side Vitesse last term.

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/8/9/2352929/serie-a-2011-2012-preview-cesena

Not too sure on buying French defenders tbh.

If he is available on a loan with option of first buy I would take it.

Not the best example as he was only here a few months but Boumsong done well enough....

How many times has this guy been linked with us now? Past 2 transfer windows hes been linked.

Answered yer own question :sherlock: but hopefully we can actually pursue it with the intentions of getting him, instead of window shopping