Gordon Smith to be appointed director of football ?

MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

The former chief exec of the SFA Gordon Smith will be appointed director of football at #Rangers

from twitter....

this will certainly calm down the conspiracy chants haha.

sorry but Gordon Smith should not be any where near our club, never mind Director of Football ffs! Hope this is yet another wind up

May i enquire as to why?

I personally was hoping for a CEO role for Gordon

May i enquire as to why?

I personally was hoping for a CEO role for Gordon

Yeh sure. He made a complete arse of the role he held at the SFA, done Rangers no favours and certainly never seems to back up Rangers nor their fans. Maybe I am alone in this but there it is

director of football, what would smith offer mccoist in the coaching sense, and what would he offer the club in a heirarchy sense

as for CEO, can he do the job? has he had previous experience anywhere as a CEO of an organisation like ours

I assumed that was the kinda role he had at the SFA mate? wacko.gif Maybe im wrong,

@dougie away and bile yer heed

Gordon Smith will be appointed director of football at Rangers, BBC Scotland has learned.

Smith last held the position of Scottish Football Association chief executive and previously played for the Ibrox club from 1977-1980.

Craig Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray at the tail end of last season and is in the process of re-shaping the club's hierarchy.

Smith's role will be to assist manager Ally McCoist in his debut season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13818028.stm

Page last updated at 19:05 GMT, Friday, 17 June 2011 20:05 UK

* E-mail this to a friend

* Printable version

Gordon Smith Smith has been a regular football pundit for BBC Scotland since leaving the SFA

Gordon Smith will be appointed director of football at Rangers, BBC Scotland has learned.

Smith last held the position of Scottish Football Association chief executive and previously played for the Ibrox club from 1977-1980.

Craig Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray at the tail end of last season and is in the process of re-shaping the club's hierarchy.

Smith's role will be to assist manager Ally McCoist in his debut season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13818028.stm?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Very interesting appointment.

My Dad says he used to be an agent, so I can certainly see why he has been brought in, most probably take over most of Bains duties, and help Ally with any wheeling and dealing. A good appointment, if true.

Whats Ally been doing for the last 3.5 years ?

Assistant manager do not wheel and deal :rolleyes:

He also helped deliver leauge flag numbers 52, 53 and 54 :sherlock:

3.5 years is a long enough apprenticeship for anybody and if you think he didnt have 1st hand knowledge of transactions being at the coal face then you are very naive