Rangers improve offer to Steven Whittaker

Gaz52

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why i love the game, eveyone has an opinion and they strongly believe that opinion is so obviously the correct one.

In MY opinion, Whittacket is worth the £15-£20k per week that is being suggested because of his versatility.

He has played at right wing, midfield, right back, left back & centre half, could easily be described as a jack of all trades (certainly not a master of one .. before anyone else says that). His versatility IS the reason for his worth.

Would you spend a lot of money on a bucket just because you can use it to wash the car, hold paint or take a crafty shite when your bird is in the shower?

That's what Whittaker is - a bucket.

Would you spend a lot of money on a bucket just because you can use it to wash the car, hold paint or take a crafty shite when your bird is in the shower?

That's what Whittaker is - a bucket.

To be fair, this is pretty spurious reasoning. We are talking about a football player who can play a multitude of roles, when required which was quite often this season and we would have been in trouble otherwise.

There is no doubting the value of a 'utility' player even when that term can be used to insult rather than highlight how important a contribution they can make over a season

Fuck this, punt him put the cash towards Hutton coming back I wonder if we signed Cuellar renewed McGregor and Davis's contracts he'd be tempted back on 20k

If Hutton was available, he'd get a few offers from the EPL on wages we couldn't dream of offering. He won't be back here before the age of 30 anyway.

This is why i love the game, eveyone has an opinion and they strongly believe that opinion is so obviously the correct one.

In MY opinion, Whittacket is worth the £15-£20k per week that is being suggested because of his versatility.

He has played at right wing, midfield, right back, left back & centre half, could easily be described as a jack of all trades (certainly not a master of one .. before anyone else says that). His versatility IS the reason for his worth.

Really Whittaker shouldn't be first choice for any of these positions. And if we need a utility man I'm sure we can find someone just as versatile and just as average for £10k per week or less.

I would hate to see us fail to tie down McGregor or Davis when we could punt Whittaker and make an extra £15-20k available for players who deserve to be top earners.

At last i am back on now my log on is fixed. New oz after my name.

My big concern about not being able to tie down a player like Whittaker is that it basically neans we have no chance of retaining Davis or Shagger!Im depressed

At last i am back on now my log on is fixed. New oz after my name.

My big concern about not being able to tie down a player like Whittaker is that it basically neans we have no chance of retaining Davis or Shagger!Im depressed

How do you come to this conclusion?

Just because one player (possibly guided by his greedy bastard of an agent) has totally overvalued himself, does not mean that all players are so deluded.

Amount of negativity on this forum these days is unreal

How do you come to this conclusion?

Just because one player (possibly guided by his greedy bastard of an agent) has totally overvalued himself, does not mean that all players are so deluded.

Amount of negativity on this forum these days is unreal

You may see it as negativity, but if the "market place " is not allowing Whittaker to sign for around 20k then what do you think it will cost us per week to sign Davis and Shagger to long term deals?

I am happy to be wrong. Ecstatic actually!

You may see it as negativity, but if the "market place " is not allowing Whittaker to sign for around 20k then what do you think it will cost us per week to sign Davis and Shagger to long term deals?

I am happy to be wrong. Ecstatic actually!

If Davis and McGregor can see past £20,000 every WEEK to play for Rangers, I hope they do leave.

Dear me. At what point do they think, 'There's guys in the stands raising a family on minimum wage. I'm taking the piss here!'?

Greedy cunts.

To be fair, this is pretty spurious reasoning. We are talking about a football player who can play a multitude of roles, when required which was quite often this season and we would have been in trouble otherwise.

There is no doubting the value of a 'utility' player even when that term can be used to insult rather than highlight how important a contribution they can make over a season

in many jobs the people are required to perhaps fill in for someone else at short notice, and like whittaker, they wont be the best at it but are competent enough to see the business through a sticky patch

infact most businesses these days wish their colleagues to be multi skilled, and they certainly dont offer these people that are good enough to become multi skilled more money

just because whittaker has played in other roles than RB doesnt mean he was actually good at them

as a defender he gets caught ball watching and drifts out of position, as someone said conway used to tear him to ribbons whenever he felt like it, and templeton's tearning of him at ibrox before boughie crocked him was simply embarrassing

in many jobs the people are required to perhaps fill in for someone else at short notice, and like whittaker, they wont be the best at it but are competent enough to see the business through a sticky patch

infact most businesses these days wish their colleagues to be multi skilled, and they certainly dont offer these people that are good enough to become multi skilled more money

just because whittaker has played in other roles than RB doesnt mean he was actually good at them

as a defender he gets caught ball watching and drifts out of position, as someone said conway used to tear him to ribbons whenever he felt like it, and templeton's tearning of him at ibrox before boughie crocked him was simply embarrassing

He's hopeless with outbreaks of brilliance.

If Davis and McGregor can see past £20,000 every WEEK to play for Rangers, I hope they do leave.

Dear me. At what point do they think, 'There's guys in the stands raising a family on minimum wage. I'm taking the piss here!'?

Greedy cunts.

I hear ya mate. I really do.

The deals Davis and Shagger signed were two plus seasons ago. Both have done really well and both will command significantly more wages per week than the 20k that Whittaker has rejected and him saying it isnt enough. So that makes me ill. Think what it will take to tie down Shagger and Davis to long term deals?

This is why I am concerned. Footballers today are greedy bastards and we simply cant compete if it comes to money.

Look at Boogie he is (by mhedia reports) interested in going to fucking Switzerland?? Just for money?

Look at Hemed? He went to a Spanish team that will get pumped each week.

Boyd, Miller all went for the money!

So, what we earn and what is our reality means fuck all to these guys. Its not like the old days. Is it?

What will become our new Rangers salary cap? I read Whyte will allow more salary but will be deducted from the transfer money?

I'm desperate for Whittaker to go because I'm in complete shock that the club could possibly offer him 20k a week !! 10-12k a week.........yeah ok, useful to have in the squad as he can play a number of positions.......but to make him a top earner ?!

We're talking about a defender that can't defend. He's undoubtedly the biggest liability in our side. Good feet but the football brain of a pub player I read someone describe him......and that sums him up for me. He's got the natural talent to cause weaker sides problems.......such as a couple of years ago when he was scoring doubles against the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren, and striding forward in possession with confidence. But in europe, Old Firm fixtures, top 6 against the likes of Conway and Templeton........he was woeful far too regularly.

If we offer Whittaker 20k per week then that's the benchmark for our other players to compare themselves when it's their turn to negotiate. If Whittaker gets 20k per week.......then what do we pay the likes of Naismith, Jelavic, Lafferty and in time guys like Ness and Wylde ? That's how our wage bill will either spiral out of control........or we'll have players leaving because they'll feel they aren't being paid fairly in comparison to others.

We should ask Buraspor to give us £1m and let him go asap.