Connection to Rangers Players Past or Present

TheMotor

One of Butchers son is supposed to be a radge got in trouble with the polis and messed up his career or something if he didnt just disregard this comment ever happened as I heard it from a friend of a friend.

No sure what one he's pals with mate, after that statement gonna have to find out, nosey cunt, so I am.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when oasis did there last tour; my uncle met the producer of rangers tv in the hilton in aberdeen, got friendly with them and they invited him and my auntie to an end of season dinner with all the players so he met the whole team at the time, the only two who were interested in the fans was pedro mendes and nacho novo, actually got nacho saying hello to my wee cousin on camera. one of the female presenters was apparently on her back for a good few of the players as well!

I played in the same youth team as Derek Parlane's wee brother.

I met Derek Johnstone on Renfield St - he was eating a pie supper.

Davie Wilson presented a medal to me for winning our local primary school league in the late sixites.

Jock Shaw told me I could call him anything I wanted as long as I didn't swear.

Best of all - raised on the Gareloch where The Rangers hail from!

Nearly scudded our new manager one night in The Lounge, he was pushed into my back by his mate for a laugh, i spilled my beer turned to go for it only for the man to apologise and give his mate a right hard time.

Also spent a couple of nights on the raz with Gazza, one in particular in the Vodka bar in Paisley, a night on the Kamikaze's. Absolute gentleman and a riot of a laugh, told us about the incident with the threat after the flute scenario.

My Grandad was a player for Rangers for most of his senior career and was good friends with Alex Ferguson. He also got to know John Greig and my dad claims the big man punched him in the stomach.

208601_2019523730340_1311315885_2448295_1940887_n.jpg

Just as it says really, he was a player for most of his career at Ibrox then moved on to the groundstaff. Also played in the Scotland B team and for some reason or another we have the top he wore in the house with us.

• 9 months later...

My Grandad was a player for Rangers for most of his senior career and was good friends with Alex Ferguson. He also got to know John Greig and my dad claims the big man punched him in the stomach.

208601_2019523730340_1311315885_2448295_1940887_n.jpg

Just as it says really, he was a player for most of his career at Ibrox then moved on to the groundstaff. Also played in the Scotland B team and for some reason or another we have the top he wore in the house with us.

Just found the picture my dad took of the Scotland top.

200393_171643376220759_100001252941067_429448_32800_n.jpg

A bit grainy, I'll try and get a better one later.

I was there when Jerome Bonnisel and Dan Eggen made their debuts as trialists in Dubai in 2003. A friendly against German 2nd division team,Energie Cottbus. Remember a report at the time quoted Martin Bain saying if they want to sign for Rangers they must take a substantial wage cut,and that times were hard and Rangers were open to offers for SOME of our players.AND THAT WE WERE 50 MILLION IN DEBT!

Sounds familiar!

here is the report:

Wage cut pressure on Gers trio

Impressive showings by trialists Jerome Bonnissel and Dan Eggen have put further pressure on Rangers players who have been warned they face wage cuts if they want to stay with the Scottish Premier League leaders.

But Rangers chairman John McClelland believes that strikers Claudio Caniggia and Michael Mols, plus defender Arthur Numan, realise the new harsh realities of football finances in 2003.

Any acquisition of Bonnissel from Bordeaux would increase the pressure on fellow left-back Numan, one of the trio out of contract in the summer, who is also wanted by clubs in his Dutch homeland.

It appears that Bonnissel has particularly impressed in training - veteran Norway centre-back Dan Eggen less so due to a lack of match fitness.

Players in general do recognise that salaries and wages are not what they were before

Rangers chairman John McClelland

And they will get a chance to shine in the weekend friendly against Bundesliga basement side Energie Cottbus during Rangers' winter break in Dubai.

Rangers captain Barry Ferguson said: "It's difficult to assess them right now, but the two of them look good enough and I'm quite impressed with them."

Assistant boss Andy Watson added: "Both have come in and fitted in very well.

"It is a chance for us to have a look at them and a chance for them to see if they like our techniques and training styles."

It is unlikely that either player - Eggen is available from Spanish side Alavez - will command a substantial transfer fee.

Bordeaux full back Jerome Bonnissel

Bonnissel would be a threat to Arthur Numan

Rangers have debts of more than £50m and wage cuts rather than big-money transfer fees are now the order of the day.

Chairman McClelland said: "Players in general do recognise that salaries and wages are not what they were before.

"I think there is a sense of realism and I'm not threatening players with that sense of realism because I think they recognise it themselves.

"Another part of this realism is that there are decisions we won't be able to make until April, so some of the players will have to wait until we know what our budgets are going to be like for next year."

But the Ibrox chairman says there will be no wholescale clearout and slapped a not-for-sale sign on Ferguson.

"We are not looking for bids for our star players," he said. "There might be a player or two for whom we would consider reasonable bids, but we are not soliciting bids or expecting bids.

A German club offered us four players that originally cost them roughly £20m just to take their wages off

Rangers director Martin Bain

"We do not have the financial reservoir we have had in the past, but it doesn't mean to say we are bleeding the way we were."

Rangers' director of football business, Martin Bain, pointed out that it was a situation striking the whole of football.

"A German club offered us four players that originally cost them roughly £20m just to take their wages off.

"But the wages were large and, needless to say, we have not brought them on board. They were offered to us for nothing."

On a side note,funniest thing i've seen at a match was a wee arab wearing a long white smock,with 'HOT PIES' written on the back in marker pen,whilst carrying a big plastic picnic box full of SCOTCH PIES.....IN DUBAI!! Fucking hilarious at the time.

Anyone else at this game?

Walter used to drop me off at carntyne sq every fri afternoon in his wee triumph toledo. Davie Dodds let me stay over at his house after a night out in dundee. Billy Kirkwood called me a fucken weegie prick just seconds before I cracked him in the mouth.