The Rangers Bid For Lee Wallace

Muff

We don't negotiate the deals do we? We can say whatever we want on here! What we say means absolutely nothing!

As for silly low bids and wages etc, this bid and the Cuellar bid are the only two bids we've had confirmed. We're still in negotiation with Villa and Hearts have rejected this initial bid. Hardly disaster time.

And wages wise, Conway has reportedly accepted a £15k a week deal from Cardiff! THAT is a silly wage. That is an absolutely ridiculous wage for a ridiculously average player. Thank fuck we didn't offer anywhere near that. Hemed? Who knows what he's on at Mallorca, but we clearly didn't rate him highly enough to offer him more. Again, I'm glad we're not offering players more than their worth.

People having a go at Craig Whyte and slating his transfer dealings on June 22nd need to rethink their approach to life. The reactionary response to Conway and Hemed going elsewhere is unbelievable. This response to an initial bid for Lee Wallace is even more insane. Are people actually aware of what they are moaning about? I'm meant to be outraged that we're not offering stupid money to Conway and Hemed and disgusted at the initial offer for Lee Wallace? Thankfully I can see how crazy that sounds and I really wish people would stop having a go at our transfer deals in mid-bloody June!

Well said! im glad no1 on here is actually on the rangers board, the amount of shit signings we'd make based on youtube videos, and panic buys just so we can say "we've signed someone" Get a grip people! in the last few years only a handful of clubs pay the asking price no questions asked! Chelsea did it, now man city do it. EVERY other club Negotiates! It baffles me reading 14pages on lee wallace, and threads on Hemed n Conway, all AVERAGE players! Cuellar is the ONLY good player we've been linked with and enquired about. But im realistic, we only have 10m, not 100m, so every single deal will be played in the same manner. Patience! Its not August 31st!

Hearts playing hard to get, was to be expected. 300k was the correct starting offer, we should up it to 500k and then pay no more than around 700k. I think he would be a brilliant long term replacement for S.o.P. and i rate him higher than the current Scottish player of the year!

I rate Wallace also, think he is a cracking player and one that has the potential to be top class for us.

On the subject of offers, I cant believe the hipocracy from some people on this forum, its actually quite funny to read. On one thread we have post after post of people complaining about Bursa and their 600k bid for Whitaker and on another we have people applauding our £300k offer for Wallace.

IMO both players are of the same calibur, not really much between them so how can we moan about the actions of another club when our own is doing exactly the same thing?

If Lee Wallace refuses to sign a new deal with Hearts we'll be in a much stronger position to negotiate. He should come out publicly and say he wants to be a Rangers player.

I'd agree with you on this if it wasn't for Romanov being the chairman at Hearts.

I think he would rather hold Wallce at Hearts, freeze hom out of the team then let him leave at the end of next seasonrather than sell him for less than he valued him at. This isn't a guy known for his reasonableness so I think we may have a battle on our hands to get him for a reasonable price

Well said! im glad no1 on here is actually on the rangers board, the amount of shit signings we'd make based on youtube videos, and panic buys just so we can say "we've signed someone" Get a grip people! in the last few years only a handful of clubs pay the asking price no questions asked! Chelsea did it, now man city do it. EVERY other club Negotiates! It baffles me reading 14pages on lee wallace, and threads on Hemed n Conway, all AVERAGE players! Cuellar is the ONLY good player we've been linked with and enquired about. But im realistic, we only have 10m, not 100m, so every single deal will be played in the same manner. Patience! Its not August 31st!

You'd think it was August 31 the way people are carrying on.

All average players Whyte and McCoist have confirmed an interest in and actively pursued, hence the threads on them....

Also its not about the transfer window closing on August 31st, the Champions League qualifiers are in a month and I'm sure many people are concerned after what happened against Kaunas when we brought in players too late.

I'd love to play poker with 90% of the people on this site, I'd win a fucking fortune.

Going by what how you want the club to act in the transfer market, showing your hand early seems to be commonplace.

I'd love to play poker with 90% of the people on this site, I'd win a fucking fortune.

Going by what how you want the club to act in the transfer market, showing your hand early seems to be commonplace.

I agree, you would be a very rich fella :)

I rate Wallace also, think he is a cracking player and one that has the potential to be top class for us.

On the subject of offers, I cant believe the hipocracy from some people on this forum, its actually quite funny to read. On one thread we have post after post of people complaining about Bursa and their 600k bid for Whitaker and on another we have people applauding our £300k offer for Wallace.

IMO both players are of the same calibur, not really much between them so how can we moan about the actions of another club when our own is doing exactly the same thing?

I agree.

Again, i agree.

It could be argued Whittaker has a much higher value than Wallace due to the fact he has been playing in Europe regularly, he has scored more than a few goals for Rangers and has contributed hugely to our trophy haul while he has been here, Wallace has not done any of that, yet. similar standard, maybe, but similar calibre, im not so sure.

(tu)

@liammcleod79

Liam McLeod

#Rangers have been in contact with #Hearts with a view to making a second bid for defender Lee Wallace

@liammcleod79

Liam McLeod

BBC Scotland has learned that the 2nd #Rangers Wallace offer will be close to £1m up front but will increase with future additional payments

He's never worth over £1m.

I have a horrible feeling that he's going to be placed on the left-wing if signed. A horrible feeling.