Coisty Will Not Do A Le Guen

People keep saying we have to get people in right away for the start of the season. Are these people genuinely telling me that an 18 man squad of:

McGregor

Alexander

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Ness

Hutton

Edu

McCulloch

Wylde

Fleck

Jelavic

Lafferty

Heal

Isn't good enough to get us through a few SPL games and a Champions League qualifier?

You missed out Miller mate.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep saying we have to get people in right away for the start of the season. Are these people genuinely telling me that an 18 man squad of:

McGregor

Alexander

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Ness

Hutton

Edu

McCulloch

Wylde

Fleck

Jelavic

Lafferty

Heal

Isn't good enough to get us through a few SPL games and a Champions League qualifier?

Well did some people not say the same about kaunas?

McGregor

Alexander

Whittaker

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Ness

Hutton

Edu

McCulloch

Wylde

Fleck

Jelavic

Lafferty

Heal

No.

Again the panic merchants Seem to have turned this into a why haven't we signed anyone yet thread, If our management team aint worried why should we be? their jobs depend on getting these decisions right ffs. I would rather we took our time and made sure every transfer benefits rangers.

A little question to the panic merchants If we had payed over the odds for Hemed, Conway, and Danns and they Flopped would you Blame Ally/ CW for paying them what they wanted to sign for us? Dam right you would, So Ally can't win Either way.

The signings will happen in time.

I fully understand it is NOT a PC game bombay, but the point is, you pick your targets and you get your man. Simple as that. If you go after a player and are positive you can get him, then do it. Its all about execution. Don't wait about and hope, go out and do it.

So if Danns and Hemed said "ok, give me £20,000 a week" you would like us to pay that? FFS

Same with Wallace and Goodwillie but it's their respective clubs asking over odds for them. I mean would you pay £3 million for Wallace?

I certainly don't want us to sign players just because we like them, at any price. I'm quite happy for us to try and get players that want to play for us at the best price for us.

Unconcerned loyal. :sherlock:

Fucks sake lads we're jut hitting July - can everyone stop rounding around in a circle whimpering? We're still in the game for our two key targets (cuellar and dgw) who would improve our first team IMO. Transfers these days are complex and very much in the players court. We also have the challenge of our season starting earlier than most Euro leagues when teams all wait till later in the window to start the transfer roundabout.

Everyone who matters at the club know we need players in - let's give them a bit of time. I'd much rather we spent our money on 3 first team contenders with a few back-up loan players to cover any holes along with our improving youngsters. These kind of deals all usually happen in the last week or so (or after Epl squads are Nnounced)

So if Danns and Hemed said "ok, give me £20,000 a week" you would like us to pay that? FFS

Same with Wallace and Goodwillie but it's their respective clubs asking over odds for them. I mean would you pay £3 million for Wallace?

I certainly don't want us to sign players just because we like them, at any price. I'm quite happy for us to try and get players that want to play for us at the best price for us.

Unconcerned loyal. :sherlock:

There should be a list of targets as it is inevitable that some deals will fall through, or at least it is to us amateurs who don't understand the transfer business. :rolleyes:

There appears to be a complete lack of urgency from someone who should be keen as mustard to get a squad together for his first season at the helm and the extremely important CL qualifiers.

:lol: I think you might be sorry you said that.

as we are trying to sign some shinty player called, Micheal O'Brian.

I don't think this is too far fetched, perhaps you should read things than make awful assumptions.

There should be a list of targets as it is inevitable that some deals will fall through, or at least it is to us amateurs who don't understand the transfer business. :rolleyes:

There appears to be a complete lack of urgency from someone who should be keen as mustard to get a squad together for his first season at the helm and the extremely important CL qualifiers.

Then again, maybe that is what the press want us believe. Is everyone forgetting the negative attitude the press have where we are concerned? Keith Jackson in the Record the other day had an exclusive stating that we wouldn't get an answer from Wenger on Bartley's case for another four weeks or so. Yet this was reported about 3 or 4 weeks ago in the Herald or Sun. Just another excuse to rehash negative shit about Rangers on the back page.

If the press report every day that Rangers still haven't signed anyone it makes our management look inept and fans start worrying and complaining on forums etc. Thus giving the rags more negative shit to write about us. "Rangers fans fear the the worst" or "McCoist begins tenure with failure after failure". There, I've given them a start.... :lol:

durrant spoke well and seems a good calming influence but we are running out of time and the 3 signings that we can make, even if we get them, will still not make up the numbers. I thought yesterdays bid for goodwillie was a disgrace. united wanted 2m for him and we fell well short, leaving cardiff in the front seat again. they need to pull their finger out and just make the right bids if they are going for the player. we all know thomson is a stingey bastard so why make a bid that he is so obviously going to refuse!? :S

"Under Paul le Guen, we rushed in and bought players. Five or six players came in within the space of a few days. They were found out, they were not the right calibre for Rangers.

Papac not the right calibre for Rangers. Sionko who was one of the Czech best players in the next EUROS after he signed not the right calibre for Rangers.

What was the right calibre for Rangers? Monster munch eaten unprofessional dummy spitter ooters? Yeah thats right Kris Boyd when it came to our clubs latest most prestigious run in Europe he only played a tiny bit part.

This has positive spin written all over it.

Then again, maybe that is what the press want us believe. Is everyone forgetting the negative attitude the press have where we are concerned? Keith Jackson in the Record the other day had an exclusive stating that we wouldn't get an answer from Wenger on Bartley's case for another four weeks or so. Yet this was reported about 3 or 4 weeks ago in the Herald or Sun. Just another excuse to rehash negative shit about Rangers on the back page.

If the press report every day that Rangers still haven't signed anyone it makes our management look inept and fans start worrying and complaining on forums etc. Thus giving the rags more negative shit to write about us. "Rangers fans fear the the worst" or "McCoist begins tenure with failure after failure". There, I've given them a start.... :lol:

Strangely enough, some of us don't read the newspapers and we are still aware that failing to secure our targets does tend to make us look inept. The press can't be given the blame for everything negative at the club, no matter how some try to make that the case.

Strangely enough, some of us don't read the newspapers and we are still aware that failing to secure our targets does tend to make us look inept. The press can't be given the blame for everything negative at the club, no matter how some try to make that the case.

Don't give me that "don't read the papers" pish. Everybody on here reads the papers whether online or hardcopy. Are you telling me that if someone posts a link to a story that you sit there and try to guess what the story is before you comment on it. :lol:

Don't give me that "don't read the papers" pish. Everybody on here reads the papers whether online or hardcopy. Are you telling me that if someone posts a link to a story that you sit there and try to guess what the story is before you comment on it. :lol:

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you really that thick?

Record believes, a Rangers insider, etc. is just pish for the hard of thinking and has no bearing on how I can see that Rangers have not signed any new players. Whyte/McCoist have been quoted as to the reasons why that is.

What part of that will you now highlight in your feeble attempt at spinning the story?

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you really that thick?

Record believes, a Rangers insider, etc. is just pish for the hard of thinking and has no bearing on how I can see that Rangers have not signed any new players. Whyte/McCoist have been quoted as to the reasons why that is.

What part of that will you now highlight in your feeble attempt at spinning the story?

Why are you being so defensive? (I'm sorry if highlighting text is a problem for you, I didn't know it was frowned upon.) :rolleyes:

I never stated that you believed the papers. I merely suggested that you probably read them.

Aside from that, there are plenty who do read the papers and come on here looking for answers or slagging off the management or team over something they've read. That was the point I was making. :)

Spinning the story?????

What story? <cr>