Anyone Have Any Odd Habits ?

I'll start, when ever I'm wearing my Rangers top, if I touch the badge I have to kiss it or I feel weird lol <cr>

Bit awkward wen am in public, still do it though!

When I'm putting my Gers top in the washing, I always kiss the badge first.

When ever I am arguing with tims over Rangers etc, I always kiss my RFC ring!

Probably sounds weird!, but fuck it!

We Are The People :21:

I have a scarf for euro games , a scarf for league, domestic cup games and a 10 year old rule brittania scarf for of games. Would never wear the wrong scarf to the wrong kind of game as we would lose.. On the couple of occasions I haven't been able to find the right scarf I wear no scarf at all .. I think i may have serious mental issues.

Also me and my bird trade sectarian insults on the morning of old firm games , good for getting the juices going. I need to be careful though , don't want her fetching the strap on. :anguish:

I wear the same scarf.

My gran got me the scarf for my 10th birthday.... 45years ago!, it's the only one I've had. It's a kind of a woollen thing and starting to get a bit worse for wear. My daughters both have the newer scarfs and my wife has told me to get a new one the same, but I won't do it, too many good memories of both my gran and the Rangers, (and maybe a few not so good ones of the Rangers!!!!!).

Ah well!! out with the sewing kit again!

I am an active athiest - so totally non supersticious but...

.. we have 2 season tickets and in 25 years we have only once not gone in a specific turnstile in a specific order and we got beat 2-1 by Motherwell - so we always now go in the same turnstyle with my wife / another first then me.....

but please realise I dont believe in all that nonsense !!! :rolleyes:

Always touch the ceiling on entering and leaving the ground, not got a clue why I started this. Also when the less talented members of our team are on the ball, I find myself trying to talk them through the game. I never realised I did this till my mate pointed it out to me. No wonder I get some strange looks.

I am an active athiest - so totally non supersticious but...

.. we have 2 season tickets and in 25 years we have only once not gone in a specific turnstile in a specific order and we got beat 2-1 by Motherwell - so we always now go in the same turnstyle with my wife / another first then me.....

but please realise I dont believe in all that nonsense !!! :rolleyes:

What's an 'active atheist?' :unsure:

I always buy a programme saying that the one time I didn't was our best performance against hearts but when I bought them for other games we still played well though.

Haven't ever bought myself the home top only either the away or third tops my dad always used to buy the home tpp for me but seeing as I don't talk to him I just don't get one now.

And every time I walk into the ground I always pause at the top of the stairs and just look around the view and feeling is incredible.

What's an 'active atheist?' :unsure:

I actively take the piss out of people who talk about and believe in imaginary friends, beings or deities.

(... and seriously I think religion and in particular those who want faith schools - of any type - need to be resisted. I also dont think you need religion as a basis for a moral code I think evolution and the need for strength as a collective gives most people that morale grounding without resort to controlling mechanisms of religion - so I advocate against faith schools etc.)

I actively take the piss out of people who talk about and believe in imaginary friends, beings or deities.

Whatever works for you. On the other hand, whatever works for them...

(... and seriously I think religion and in particular those who want faith schools - of any type - need to be resisted. I also dont think you need religion as a basis for a moral code I think evolution and the need for strength as a collective gives most people that morale grounding without resort to controlling mechanisms of religion - so I advocate against faith schools etc.)

I'd hardly call that active atheism, if anything you're 'actively' (by advocation) against faith schools and religion, not 'actively atheist.'

I personally don't understand why people who claim to be atheist get so worked up over people believing in a 'God.' I can understand the anti-organised religion stance, particularly when it comes to us paying to separate 5-year old kids based on religion. Organised religions are the constructs of men though, regardless of what each individual one will tell you.

Take organised religion out of it, I have yet to see any decent evidence either for or against the existence of a 'God.'

Whatever works for you. On the other hand, whatever works for them...

I'd hardly call that active atheism, if anything you're 'actively' (by advocation) against faith schools and religion, not 'actively atheist.'

I personally don't understand why people who claim to be atheist get so worked up over people believing in a 'God.' I can understand the anti-organised religion stance, particularly when it comes to us paying to separate 5-year old kids based on religion. Organised religions are the constructs of men though, regardless of what each individual one will tell you.

Take organised religion out of it, I have yet to see any decent evidence either for or against the existence of a 'God.'

Probably a debate not for RM (or not Bears Den) but on the two points above; in the absense of any evidence of a god - why believe?

- and given that religioun is the construct of men, used to control, then why put up with it?