Where would we be?

rossDas

In big trouble I reckon.

In fact I think we would have been struggling to make the top six.

No European football next season

The heart and soul of the team gone.

And potentially irrepairable damage to the club. What does everyone else reckon?

I think around mid-table and struggling for a top six place and im not exaggerating.

PLG sayed he didn't think the squad needed strengthening in January so our centre backs would be Papac and Svensson.

Barry was on his way so Rae would've took his place and Boyd would be on the bench most weeks. It really doesn't bear thinking about.

1. I agree with you.

2. I just wish you had not posted this as PLG split the RM and RFC support deeply. I think we do not need that anymore and need to LOOK FORWARD.

3. Its all speculation anyway.

Just my thoughts.

plg is back where he belongs..did anyone notice the french scores this w/end..8 games 6 o/o draws a 1/0 and a 2/0 2 goals from 8 games 16 clubs and only 3 players scored..nuff said about his pedegree.... ps did anyone see the picture of dado scoring against the tic ..in the s/herald ..class

Reason I asked is because media critisism of Walter Smith and David Murrays descision to appoint him have been bugging me.

" Papering over the cracks " they say. " Bringing back the old guard " they say.

Firstly no manager on the planet could wave a magic wand over the squad and do anything but paper over the cracks.

Secondly the appoinment of Smith was the smartest move Murrays made in a long time. We can't afford to take chances on these " exciting new managers ", simply because the club can't afford to slide anymore.

Bringing back Smith has steadied the boat and will ensure European football and income.

Reason I asked is because media critisism of Walter Smith and David Murrays descision to appoint him have been bugging me.

" Papering over the cracks " they say. " Bringing back the old guard " they say.

Firstly no manager on the planet could wave a magic wand over the squad and do anything but paper over the cracks.

Secondly the appoinment of Smith was the smartest move Murrays made in a long time. We can't afford to take chances on these " exciting new managers ", simply because the club can't afford to slide anymore.

Bringing back Smith has steadied the boat and will ensure European football and income.

I AGREE with YOU 1000%- You are spot on.

we would still be in the uefa cup..but prolly sitting 3rd in the leaague a few points behind aberdeen

BUT

paul le guen was in the same position as lyon manager..DREADFULL..if not worse than us...start to the league in his first season but turned it around...

So he could have turned around a 20 point gap ? :rolleyes:

we would still be in the uefa cup..but prolly sitting 3rd in the leaague a few points behind aberdeen

BUT

paul le guen was in the same position as lyon manager..DREADFULL..if not worse than us...start to the league in his first season but turned it around...

With Ferguson gone and Boyd on the bench alot i don't hink so :rolleyes:

BUT

not in one season

did i say that

BUT

not in one season

did i say that

You suggested it.

Would have been up that creek without a paddle, think Lyon could have a monkey in charge of them and still win the league just about every year. Was SDM not half conned with that guy !

Gotta Agree!!

We'd have no Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd and Gavin Rae would be a regular. We'd be out of the UEFA Cup, 3rd-4th in the league and conceeding stupid goals every game.

But he's gone so we look ahead!

I'd like to think we'd still be in Europe, but otherwise I've seen little real change in the standard of football we are playing.

We were poor then and we're poor now. The lack of effort in some games recently is on a similar level to PLGs time, which is probably the one thing I never thought I'd see under WS.

Our defence is showing signs of knowing what they are doing though! (tu)

I think we'd be in second place, and maybe just maybe with the troublemakers gone we'd be starting to see Le Guen's footballing style start shining through.

There was only one trouble maker and that was Paul 'This team needs no strengthening' Le Guen.

The rest of the season with no Barry, hardly any Boyd and Papac and Svensson at centre back, with Letizi in goals maybe.

NO THANK YOU!

I AGREE with YOU 1000%- You are spot on.

Maybe it will be like the time when we recalled Jock Wallace as an "old guard" manager to steady the ship:

1/ We bring in a big name manager to attract big name players.

2/ We get a new owner of the club (that'll get the attention of The Fish).

3/ We have have a massive injection of funds into the club for new players.

4/ The English clubs get banned from Europe again and thus enable us to cherry pick their best players from their league.

A man can but dream!