***The Open Championship***

pols59

Not seen a thread yet posted on it, so thought i'd start.

For me my small odds is on Westwood.

For long odds Goosen and Cabrera

Major outsider Colsaerts, Cink and Robert Rock

Plus i thought id add...Andrew Cotters commentary is raaaank. Just to warn you!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backed Jason Day, Nick Watney and Paul Casey - not playing well but worth an e/w bet.

good shout on Jason Day, his record in the majors this year has been ace (tu).... just not sure how he'll be on links... but being Australian id guess he's pretty used to the wind.

good shout on Jason Day, his record in the majors this year has been ace (tu).... just not sure how he'll be on links... but being Australian id guess he's pretty used to the wind.

Me and my mate backed Jason Day at Congressional and he finished 2nd, a healthy return. Links golf is a different game, but he is playing well along with having the game and bottle. He plays better in the tougher conditions and is full of confidence.

If he swings well, makes the shots and holes the putts, then he will be up there!

Donald in fine form, I verbally backed him for Congressional, but he seemed mentally and physically tired.

But I don't think the same excuses could be made this time round, he looks fresh as a daisy after spanking his way round Stuart Castle and even bagged himself an extra round off.

I'll put my baws on the line and say this is his best chance to win a major, ever...Aslong as MCilroy doesn't turn up.

Westwood is Monty MKll.

I too have backed Day again , have done in the Masters and the Congressional and will do so again , outwith that my flatmate (assistant pro at Panmure) has told me to go for colsearts as an outside bet and i may even stick a cheeky bet on padraig finding a bit of form but its a risky one

are sky covering this ??

i took Quiros 100/1 and Cabrera 80/1 both E/W top 5 place

BBC are covering it

You should have went to paddy power they are offering top 7 for each way and if your golfer fails to make cut they pay your money back

BBC are covering it

You should have went to paddy power they are offering top 7 for each way and if your golfer fails to make cut they pay your money back

ooo...that does sound good! should have gone with paddy then, with basically all my bets missing the cut damit :rolleyes:

Not too sure if Darren Clarke can hold onto this?

My money is on Dustin Johnson, although he could have an absolute blow out, which he has done in the past.

That wee lad that Darren Clarke handed something to looked like he was maybe wearing a Rangers cap. Just realised I'm not watching in HD.

Edit: It's not on BBC HD...FFS.

Is it not on 143?

I've got HD downstairs but not upstairs so can't tell you.