Scotlands Quality In Midfield

With Adam going to Liverpool, it seems that Scotland potentially have some very good options in midfield.

We have so many players plying their trade in the EPL compared to previous years which can only be a good thing.

If these lad consolidate first team football and screw the nut we could do well.

Adam

Dorrans

Bannan

Snodgrass (imo if a EPL side doesn't sign him this summer then they will next)

D. Fletcher

--------

And we have some crackers coming through like Fyvie and our very own Ness.

Who have we got up front and in CB/LB though? We've had a good medium term history of midfielders

We're so much better off than we were a few years ago though, we have a reasonable wee team and it's going to be reasonably fun to watch us again! Pity we're so far down the seedings really :(

Who have we got up front and in CB/LB though? We've had a good medium term history of midfielders.

Hopefully we don't resort to the this laughable Mcfadden. A deflected goal against Holland and a farmers strike against France should not be the bar you have to pass to become a Scotland starter and hero. Fed up with that bastard. I'd put Goodwillie up with Miller, a partnership we should have tried (amongst others) againt the teams in that cola coca tournament. Who knows who is eligible to play for Scotland these days ? As long as you don't play for Rangers and your grandfathers neighbours dog was Scottish come join us. As for centre-backs who knows, previous Scotland managers have managed to throw up the chuckle brothers for big games, the caldwells, mcmanus and caldwell etc, caldwell pressley etc etc. God knows.

We have actually got a brilliant midfield on paper, but our center-halves leave alot to be desired.

Danny Wilson needs first team football, if he got that he would be a certainty in there, but until he gets that it's hard to pick him. The Caldwell brothers and Berra aren't good enough IMO. You've the young boy that played in the Carling Nations from Blackburn (I think) Hanley? He could potentially get himself in there. Apart from that we've not got much.

Sort that position out and we've a team that could qualify for a number of major tournaments for years to come.

Berra is the lesser of two evils imo.

In terms of left backs. Wallace as faded due to injuries but I think that hibs boy Booth will turn out a player. Hes very highly rated. Good attacking full back.

But year on paper it looks very, very good. Been so long since we had so many playing at the highest level.

Berra is the lesser of two evils imo.

In terms of left backs. Wallace as faded due to injuries but I think that hibs boy Booth will turn out a player. Hes very highly rated. Good attacking full back.

But year on paper it looks very, very good. Been so long since we had so many playing at the highest level.

We've also Barsdley and Whittaker that can play there.

Callum Booth looks to be an excellent player, better than Wallace IMO.

Scotland's midfield is decent on paper as already stated but the problem is ball retention and composure on the ball.

Its the same at Rangers, against the majority of opposition our opponents dominate possession of the ball and dictate play.

When I look at Scotland's side I see a bunch of decent individuals who struggle as a unit.

McGregor, Wilson, Hutton, Whittaker, Bardsley, Adam, Fletcher, Naismith, Dorrans, Commons, Bannan, Miller and Goodwillie.

We've got the makings of a good team, with the right manager we could be a decent side. Leven isn't that man IMO.

A few good young players like Ness, Wylde, Hutton, Fyvie, Forrest and Hanley should be involved with the squad instead of Brown, Berra, Caldwell and Mcfadden.

Middle to front, Scotland are very good and very creative.

They're handicapped however by a poor choice at centre half and a very British management philosophy that stifles most creative talent we have.

True. He didn't have the best season but Man U are solid when hes playing. Far more than a water carrier though. He was picked up at 16 due to his exceptional passing ability for his age. He was billed as the new Beckham. Although hes more cautious with it in his current role.

Bannan is the future of the scottish midfield, he's going to be some player. Although I really don't see what people see in Darren Fletcher I just don't rate him at all, saying that I don't go out my way to watch United.

Fletcher is cracking when surrounded by the class of the Man u team but I've never seen him have even a half decent game for Scotland. One of those players who needs good players around him unfortunately..

Don't understand why people don't rate Darren Fletcher, for what he does he's fantastic.

It's just hard to think of a time he's actually turned up for Scotland. As for this thread, all that's happened is our English based players have started getting hyped up in the same way that all english footballers are, that's not to say they're not good, they're just not going to make us any better internationally. They're probably no better than the midfields of any other top 75 nations.

If we let Fletcher just get on with the job he does so well at Man Utd then he'd be a real asset to Scotland. Sadly, we insist on making him the focal point and creative spark. It's like asking Lee McCulloch to play the way Davis does; it just won't work.

I was just gonna make that very point.