Signing Tomorow

WWTC

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_StepUpAndPlay_ 3 in a row

@TomCommentator is for a player to sign tomorrow?

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

in reply to ↑

@TomCommentator

Tom Miller

@_StepUpAndPlay_ Euro deadline nxt hurdle. No certainties but confident Min / Tues something will have moved on

18 minutes ago.

Cheers mate, let me know if he replys

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

@

@Shaun_4 heard Murray Davidson possible but don't know about him signing tomorrow, got told though the club will be busy

If it is murray davidson i could see him being turned into our new LB

Why, he is a midfielder. Although it wouldn't be like us to sign a player and play them out of position.

Why, he is a midfielder. Although it wouldn't be like us to sign a player and play them out of position.

Just a feeling. Hes a box-2-box midfielder good enough defending and going forward and is left footed.

Good engine on him for getting up and down the left side and just think he could become a really good LB

tbf am i the only 1 who wouldnt like gattuso back. dnt get me wrong loved the guy but i think hes well passed his best and is a bit of a liability as his timing is getting slower with age and will pick up far too many bookings, maybe even red cards.

i believe he would do a good job for us but in a business sense i dont think its the right choice. he wouldnt improve our first team in the same way as say cuellar or miller would to justify bringing him home for a few yrs light work b4 re-tirement.

supposed it depends on the wages/fee if i would be happy with it.

would be great if it was rino ,i heard months ago that he was wanting to do his coaching badges in scotland

and has every intention on moving back here to stay .also heard he was still very much in touch with mccoist and had been

recommending players to him .

havnt heard anything new on this though ,so was a bit surprised to see his name mentioned again tbh.

Dont know if anything will happen. Tbh i think i prefered being pratted, meant we just knew we had to get on with it :lol:

I think people have just got used these periods being very dreary for us on the whole, so that even with money(15 million or otherwise)its hard to break out of that funk.

If you catch my drift.

Murphy and Davidson aren't even leading SPL players..

Don't worry, they support The Rangers no doubt.

If this is the standard of player we are targeting, then we are in trouble.

Don't worry, they support The Rangers no doubt.

If this is the standard of player we are targeting, then we are in trouble.

Even as Back up players ? Or players to push the 1st team ?

Even as Back up players ? Or players to push the 1st team ?

Half our squad are back-up players. We need real quality, Murphy, Wallace, Davidson... are not even the best players in their position out with The Rangers and celtc in the SPL.

Am i the only one here who doesnt want us to sign Gattuso?

Wheres the sense in signing a 33yr old (closer to 34) who will be on really big wages for a season or two at the most...

Im not too fussed about Murphy it is him...hes a bit of a one trick pony, slows the ball down onto his right then bursts away with left, but he has scored some important goals for Motherwell and i doubt his price tag and wages would be that much! Not really much to lose going for him.

I would be happy going into the season with David and Edu/McCulloch as our 1st choice CM's but if Davis or Edu picks up a long term injury then we would be in big trouble!

If we had any sense would go for a 1st choice CB, 1st choice ST and a good winger. Get in a CM, LM, another CB and then another winger that way we can give them game time and build them into the squad because we NEED to replace Papac and Bougherra/Weir.

Its all very well signing players but we need to think of the long term as well as the present, otherwise were going to be in the same situation this time next season!