Wesley Verhoek

Broxi1872

Put a bid in and leave it or did we forget about it? <cr> Ally just what are you doing?

He is utterly clueless, I'm sorry, but I havnt seen one interview, tactical descion, team selection that has filled me with an iota of confidence. I really hope he turns this around.

Ally doesn't make the fucking bids, Jesus Christ!

It's Smith and Whyte's responsibility for wages, transfer fees etc.

For that performance, yes, question Ally, but not over this. Fuck off with that.

Usually when a new manager comes in you will get mistakes but you get an idea of what he is trying to achieve. I was full of optimism, but after a poor pre-season and two poor competitive games, the only thing we have achieved is an unbelievable level of mediocrity. We need a number of decent signings to try and turn this around. We should definitely start with guys like Verhoek.

I thought Ally would be really attack minded with his Rangers history but how wrong I was.I am still going to give him my full support,it is only 2 games and if Whyte had spent the money we would have a better squad by now

I thought Ally would be really attack minded with his Rangers history but how wrong I was.I am still going to give him my full support,it is only 2 games and if Whyte had spent the money we would have a better squad by now

What else can Whyte do? The offers are on the table, offers totally over £10m, Mr whyte has done his bit, we were told not to panic, it was Ally who said we would be ready for the start of th season, we were not. We have a 3 time title winning squad still toegther and Ally has made them look as if they have never played together.

Our transfer 'policy' (if, indeed, we have one) would appear to be naive at best and shambolic at worst.

None of us have an 'inside track', so we are obliged to make our judgements on what we see and hear. I DO NOT support/condone exorbitant bids, but our initial 'valuations' appear, at times, to be so low as to be almost insulting.

Thus far we have missed several targets, although that will, inevitably, always be the case in this 'climate' of high wages and inflated transfer fees.

Notwithstanding, our transfer policy is still quite baffling.

We sign Bedoya on a pre-contract agreement to join us in January and then, several days later, we submit a bid of 400k (apparantly) to bring him in earlier - where is the thought and planning? Did we not need him immediately?

We eventually capitulate and sign Lee Wallace for 1.5 million after having submitted derisory bids for several weeks. I trust he will be a good player for us, but he's not worth 1.5 million.

Yet, in contrast, we are 'flaffing about' with ridiculous bids for Goodwillie, when it is quite clear that we will, eventually, have to pay the 2 million that Dundee Utd. are asking for if we really want him - like it or not! Why pay 1.5 for Wallace and decline to pay 2 million for Goodwillie.

Our bids for other players are derisory (and fast becoming embarassing). For instance, 1 million for Verhoek, when most pundits rate him at 2 million minimum.

Eventually, Ortiz will be played in his proper position on the right and we can better assess him then. I trust Goian will turn out to be a shrewd piece of business...he certainly looks the part....but we must wait and see.

The fact that we have secured McGregor and Davis is excellent news, but I seriously question the collective judgement/wisdom of our management team in agreeing a 5 year 20+k per week deal for Whittaker. A poor, poor player who will, doubtless, let us down as he did AGAIN last night!

Our transfer 'policy' (if, indeed, we have one) would appear to be naive at best and shambolic at worst.

None of us have an 'inside track', so we are obliged to make our judgements on what we see and hear. I DO NOT support/condone exorbitant bids, but our initial 'valuations' appear, at times, to be so low as to be almost insulting.

Thus far we have missed several targets, although that will, inevitably, always be the case in this 'climate' of high wages and inflated transfer fees.

Notwithstanding, our transfer policy is still quite baffling.

We sign Bedoya on a pre-contract agreement to join us in January and then, several days later, we submit a bid of 400k (apparantly) to bring him in earlier - where is the thought and planning? Did we not need him immediately?

We eventually capitulate and sign Lee Wallace for 1.5 million after having submitted derisory bids for several weeks. I trust he will be a good player for us, but he's not worth 1.5 million.

Yet, in contrast, we are 'flaffing about' with ridiculous bids for Goodwillie, when it is quite clear that we will, eventually, have to pay the 2 million that Dundee Utd. are asking for if we really want him - like it or not! Why pay 1.5 for Wallace and decline to pay 2 million for Goodwillie.

Our bids for other players are derisory (and fast becoming embarassing). For instance, 1 million for Verhoek, when most pundits rate him at 2 million minimum.

Eventually, Ortiz will be played in his proper position on the right and we can better assess him then. I trust Goian will turn out to be a shrewd piece of business...he certainly looks the part....but we must wait and see.

The fact that we have secured McGregor and Davis is excellent news, but I seriously question the collective judgement/wisdom of our management team in agreeing a 5 year 20+k per week deal for Whittaker. A poor, poor player who will, doubtless, let us down as he did AGAIN last night!

Really well put mate.

I've said it before whitts is much like a striker in that he is s confidence player.. When he plays well he scores, beats defenders and gets in crosses.. When he is off, we see what we saw last night. Agree with your point perhaps we are better served going in with a reasonable offer first up rather than testing the waters with low bids... It only serves to alert others of our interest and make their bids seem more appealing

What else can Whyte do? The offers are on the table, offers totally over £10m, Mr whyte has done his bit, we were told not to panic, it was Ally who said we would be ready for the start of th season, we were not. We have a 3 time title winning squad still toegther and Ally has made them look as if they have never played together.

This is the part that beggars belief for me.

I would say that this deal is dead in the water if we haven't heard back in 8-9 days! I think we may have insulted them with the offer hence the reason they haven't gotten back to us.

Our transfer policy is a complete and utter joke

I think our whole new regime just stinks of naivety.

We have a young new owner who has not really got clue about being the owner of a football club. To be fair everything he has done seems to be very good so far but he is still young and learning.

We also have a young and naive Manager who, in my opinion is not being himself but is solely trying to copy everything Walter Smith did but only do it unsuccessfully. Ally needs to be his own man and own Manager.

I think those 2 coupled together is a problem. Maybe a wise old football club owner and young Manager would work better.

What certainly would have worked better was a wise, experienced Manager and a young owner. An older, more wise Manager would have forced Whyte's hand early on in regards to some of our targets knowing that the seasons tarted so early.

In summary I think Whyte has did really well considering this is his first few real testing months of owning Rangers. As for Ally I think he really needs to get his head in the game. He has my full backing right up until his team is built and settled. If by then Edu and McCulloch are still playing in there then I will say for certain that this is going to be a very long season.

edit: This reather big post was in response to Ally's " We had a bid in 8 or 9 days ago" quote.

To me Ally can be blamed for not having the squad we have ready to play hearts or malmo - in his defence Hearts were a team of basketball players and they will physically get the better of a lot of sides this season. Malmo on the other hand are the Swedish Champions and are MID-SEASON (do you think we'll be playing like that in january?).

The new men brought in above Ally who deal with transfers should be getting toe'd as clearly their way of dealing is at best questionable. Ally can't be blammed for that one he's stated the targets, it's not his job to get them.

A quick change of signing policy will be seen now or just after we crash out of Europe - but please don't embarras us or a club legend by diving off the deep end over 2 results.

If it's been that long, I'd probably give them a wee phone or something.

You would think that's what they would do for fuxsake!! Even easy things like finding out if a bid has been accepted or not is a hard task to the people in charge FUCKING GET A GRIP RANGERS its becoming embarrassing!

To put in a shitey 1 million pound bid 8-9 days ago and then we haven't heard back is embarrassing! To me I think his club haven't even replied to reject our offer cos it's so shite, in any case we should be getting in touch with them FFs! Waiting about is a joke!

Btw glad to see we have been pulling out all the stops today to try n get players in for Saturday. I'm sick of this season already.