Rudo Skacel

graeme_4

Heard on another site that we are being linked with him.

I'm sure I read somewhere else he was just about to sign a new deal with Hearts, but I'm sure if the champions came in with a last minute offer there's a good chance he'd take it if Romanov doesn't threaten to masacre his family.

Positives - I think he got 10 or so goals for Hearts last year, has a bit of flair about him, is left sided (a problem position since Neil McCann left IMO), is on a bosman and would be able to fight for a first team place.

Negatives - Think he's a bit older (30ish maybe although not sure), not sure his attitude if the best (strikes me as a bit of a primadonna), would probably force Wylde out the side and maybe stunt his development, also not sure what he'd be looking for in terms of wages (probably between 10 and 15K and I'm not sure he's worth it).

What you bears think?

13 goals, Hearts top goal scorer.

He's 32. For that reason I'd say naw.

Glad someone decided to do the research as I am a lazy bas!

I reckon at 32 he probably isn't what we are looking for, ie no sell on value, but on a bosman for a year or maybe 2 he could certainly plug a gap.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/football/Rudi-Skacel-close-to-fresh.6803779.jp

Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas said last night fans' favourite Rudi Skacel is close to agreeing fresh terms with the club.

The Tynecastle outfit are set to take up their option to extend the Czech cap's contract by a further 12 months following talks with the midfielder.

Skacel, a hero from the club's 2006 Scottish Cup triumph, rejoined Hearts last summer on an initial one-year deal and the 32-year-old continued his love affair with the Gorgie outfit with 13 goals on their way to clinching Europa League football.

However, there were doubts over Skacel's future at Hearts after his agent Jochen Kientz revealed that the player was seeking improvements on what was described as a modest contract after proving his worth to the club. Manager Jim Jefferies' assertion that the impasse would be resolved 'one way or the other' yesterday didn't materialise but Fedotovas has moved to allay fears that Skacel is heading for the exit door.

Fedotovas, Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov's right-hand man, said: "We're going to extend the contract with Rudi, we've had discussions with him on the commercial side of it and it appears to be finalised. When Rudi joined he signed a contract with the option of another year so officially he does not need to sign anything but I hope this will all be resolved in the coming days.

"This is a piece of good news for the club and we're really happy to be keeping a player like Rudi, and we're looking forward to what we hope will be a successful European campaign."

Given Romanov's apparent disdain of agents, the player has been involved directly in talks with club officials without Kientz. Even if Skacel does sign in time for Saturday's SPL curtain-raiser at Rangers, it's unlikely he will start at Ibrox after missing all of Hearts' pre-season games as his contract situation rumbled on.

Speaking at the weekend, manager Jefferies said: "My only concern is Rudi because he's not had any games. Rudi wants that (contract situation) sorted out before he actually becomes available. The trouble with that is that it's taken so long."

Meanwhile, Jamie Hamill has no problems taking on the Hearts heavyweights to stake his claim as No?1 penalty taker at Tynecastle. Hamill, signed from Kilmarnock in the summer, confidently took the ball from burly striker John Sutton when Jim Jefferies' men were awarded a spot-kick five minutes from the end of Sunday's friendly against Royal Antwerp and scored the winner.

Fellow new signing Sutton took the penalties for Motherwell last season while regular penalty taker, Kevin Kyle, is still recovering from a hip problem.

Hamill revealed an impressive record from the spot to back up his belief that he is now the man in possession.