Dorin Goian Signs

Senna

Ha if we are 3-0 up then surely that will do!? I'd rather that than get to half time goalless and have the native's get on the team's back, who then panic and stop playing football.

Yeah hahahahahaha

What i meant to say was, I dont want us flying out the traps with no rewards. However 3-0 at ht would be fantastic, give us an opportunity to bring on some youth. (tu)

An early goal can settle us down, but how many times have we got an early goal and then huffed and puffed to try and kill the game off, at the end of last season we showed what we are capable of with regards to killing off opposition. The key is not just an early goal, but keeping the foot on the gas to score goals in bunches, ie, the killie game. I am sure we will win on Tuesday even without any new players in the starting eleven.

I'd honestly rather have that goal and 89 minutes of huff and puff. Ibrox can be a right horrible place to play when Rangers are behind or even drawing. I honestly think getting early leads is our best ploy. I certainly agree that keeping the pressure on after we've scored is important too

Yeah hahahahahaha

What i meant to say was, I dont want us flying out the traps with no rewards. However 3-0 at ht would be fantastic, give us an opportunity to bring on some youth. (tu)

Ha don;t worry I got what you meant. As I say, I don't think our fans are the most tolerant of us not being ahead so, for me, i'd rather have the game killed by half-time and have a horrible, dull, no-steam second half

Ha don;t worry I got what you meant. As I say, I don't think our fans are the most tolerant of us not being ahead so, for me, i'd rather have the game killed by half-time and have a horrible, dull, no-steam second half

We can dream.

I predict an allround sluggish affair. 2-0 would do me fine. Wouldnt be confident with only a 1-0 lead. We need to keep a clean sheet though.

I remember where else i have seen this guy playing and it was a game against Milan this year , scored IIRC , still from what i remember about his playing days at Euro 2008 i thought he was a bit on the slow side but is commanding in the air etc and certainly won't be bullied by the likes of John Sutton ...

That sounds good. Broadfoot was getting dominated in the air by a winger on Saturday. You'd never think he was 6"2-ish.

Not too concerned about the lack of pace as Davie Weir strolls through the SPL and he's got no pace. I hope this guy's good enough to do likewise.

We can dream.

I predict an allround sluggish affair. 2-0 would do me fine. Wouldnt be confident with only a 1-0 lead. We need to keep a clean sheet though.

Ha think we've gone a fair bit kinda off topic now, ha. Anyways, I would be very surprised if Goian was available for tomorrow. And to be honest, even if he was available, i'd be surprised if Ally played him ahead of Davie Weir. I'd rather our wildcard signing was a creative type. Hoping that we start looking at attackers soon.

Ha think we've gone a fair bit kinda off topic now, ha. Anyways, I would be very surprised if Goian was available for tomorrow. And to be honest, even if he was available, i'd be surprised if Ally played him ahead of Davie Weir. I'd rather our wildcard signing was a creative type. Hoping that we start looking at attackers soon.

Haha yeah just a bit! I agree, a guy who speaks very little english being slotted in next to boogie wouldnt be the smartest idea. Imagine what he'd think when boogie goes on one of his runs. " WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING?"

Haha yeah just a bit! I agree, a guy who speaks very little english being slotted in next to boogie wouldnt be the smartest idea. Imagine what he'd think when boogie goes on one of his runs. " WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GUY DOING?"

:lol:

I doubt the Malmo game will be played at that quick a tempo, well I doubt Malmo will play a high tempo anyway, so maybe a slower paced game would be a better chance to bread Goian into the side.

Playing at Ibrox aswell will help him. I wouldn't fancy chucking him into his first game away at a place like McDermind Park, where we've struggled recently, and expect Goian to pick it up right away.

I doubt the Malmo game will be played at that quick a tempo, well I doubt Malmo will play a high tempo anyway, so maybe a slower paced game would be a better chance to bread Goian into the side.

That way, he can use his loaf and not do his pan in. It's plain for all to see.

I agree with Kev, we should go with our tried and trusted back 4 for the Malmo game.

We are in much greater need of a midfielder than we are of a defender at the moment, Edu and McCulloch just dont seem to be up to it.

I'm generally behind those two lads, I think they try to give everything for us but even my patience has ran out. I thought the blame for our first half performance on Saturday, rather than being put on the defence, was due to these two offering virtually no cover in front of the defence. If they usually do anything, it is that. However, on Saturday they failed to close down Hearts players, allowing them free reign at our defence. I highly doubt we'll see them both being dropped in the near future, but I do think it is vital that we don't play them as a central midfield pairing. I agree that midfield and further forward is where we need strengthening

Defence is the one position where you can't just throw someone in, especially centre back. Miscommunication elsewhere on the park can be rescued. At the edge of your own 18 yard box...

If the player is good enough, it shouldnt be a problem. We've saw centrebacks making their debut in an old firm match and coming through it without much problem