Why The Malmo Result Could Be Good News

Bluepeter9

BP9 sorry man but the ramifications of us not getting into the CL this year could be disasterous. Firstly I think we will lose out on players we badly need, we wont win this league without more quality.

If we don't win the league the scum are straight into the group stages..we could be looking at a right few years of pain. I have seen nothing in Ally to fill me with confidence, mark my words Edu and Jig will start again on Satarday.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how people can make excuses for these types of situations, losing two important games at the very start of a competitive season? Not acceptable for us. There's nothing positive about it.

He needs to be given the full season at least, and that's from someone who never wanted him in the first place. We cannot keep binning managers after a few months or we will end up in an even greater mess. I must say that the early signs don't look great.

I know what you are saying about the giving Ally a season, but it will depend how bad this season turns out to be. Something I noted was that I am not sure, for all the sitting in the stand, how well Ally is actually reading the game. Against Hearts Ortix began to get on to a game, he was cutting inside and causing all manner of problems for their defence, but it seems the decision to bring him off had been made at half-time. I honestly think we may well have won on Saturday had Ortiz stayed on and McCulloch or Edu came off and I am worried that Ally could not see that

aye its great tht we lost last nite

looks there will be no champions league football at ibrox, cld put off people like goodwillie or cuellar 2 sign 4 us, lose us at least 10 or 15m i think it is

effect the coeffiecent for scottish teams

could put off possible transfer targets 4 even next season

so aye it is fucking brillant news like, i say we hit a club and party hard :peanut:

fanny

He needs to be given the full season at least, and that's from someone who never wanted him in the first place. We cannot keep binning managers after a few months or we will end up in an even greater mess. I must say that the early signs don't look great.

even if he persists in his ways and we keep losing and drawing games??

if he does'nt start showing some signs of aptitude soon, then he can go to fuck, i want RFC to win and at this point in time, it does'nt look like that is going to happen.

Someone at work came away with this " This might be just what we need to spur us on" comment.I just don't get it. I am really disappointed at our performances, I think our midfield is a shambles.I think Whittaker is terrible,I think Coisty got it so wrong last night. I just cannot see any positives from last night.Perhaps a good solid performance at the weekend will lift my spirits but atm I fear for us

As I said in another thread, whyte said in last sunday's mail that no budgets have been set, based on getting the CL money (tu)

David Murray said this for years, clearly false considering how things ended up.

Boards are rarely going to come out and say Champions League money is needed to avoid putting extra public pressure on players and management, but there's no doubt considering how little is earned playing in the SPL that Champions League money is crucial for us.

David Murray said this for years, clearly false considering how things ended up.

Boards are rarely going to come out and say Champions League money is needed to avoid putting extra public pressure on players and management, but there's no doubt considering how little is earned playing in the SPL that Champions League money is crucial for us.

true mate but i'll give whyte the benefit of any doubt!!

In Ally we have a new manager, one never knows how well a new manager will do. Winning games is not the real measure of how good a manager is going to be, especially at a club like Rangers. The real measure of a manager is how well them managed adversity. Well two competitive games into the new season, with an indifferent pre-season behind us and a home draw Ally faces a stiff test of character and ability. Now I personally believe Ally will need at least a season behind him to really judge him and I am not sure as a support he will get that without a lot of winning, especially against Celtic,

Similarily, the new tenure of Mr Wight is under close scrutiny based on results, and while I think the bulk of our transfer dealings will happen at the end of August the last two results may urge some urgency as it is a BIG financial loss if we fail to make the CL, and part of me does wonder how much the budget for new players chages based on qualification or not?

As for all the doom and gloom merchants: I know patience is difficult but the lack of support last night was palatable and we also need to do our part to 'gee' the team up instead of dragging them down and questioning their abilities!

Do you agree with the following; "some defeats are more triumphant than victories"? ;)

HB stóð seg betri enn Glasgow Rangers

Deil á Facebook

Týsdagur 26 Juli 2011 - 23:13

Øll tey føroysku feløgini, sum í summar hava roynt seg í europeisku kappingunum, eru liðug við altjóða luttøkuna í ár. Úrslitini vóru betri, enn tey sum oftast hava verið, og hóast einki føroyskt felag er eftir í europeisku kappingunum, so verður glansur framvegis kastaður yvir føroysku feløgini:

Fyri einari viku síðani var úrslitið 1-1, tá ið svenska Malmø FF og HB spældu í Gundadali.

Í kvøld hevur Malmø FF spælt fyrra dystin í triðja umfarinum. Svenska liðið var í Glasgow, har Rangers tók ímóti. Undan dystinum varð roknað við, at heimaliðið var upplagdur favorittur, men tað gekk øðrvísi, enn roknað varð við. Malmø FF vann 1-0. Málið skoraði Daniel Larsson í 18. minutti.

Sagt verður, at Malmø FF tað mesta av tíðini var leikliga omaná. Bæði hvat úrsliti og leikgongd viðvíkur ber tí til at siga, at HB stóð seg betri á heimavølli ímóti Malmø FF, enn Glasgow Rangers gjørdi.

Um eina viku verður í Malmø avgjørt, um tað verða Malmø FF ella Glasgow Rangers, sum fara at halda fram í kappingini.

Ridiculed in the FAROESE media. Basically saying that HB Tórshavn did better than Rangers. Getting pelters from back home here.. SORT IT RANGERS!!

Nothing in last nights performance gives me confidence that we can turn this round, we were beaten by the better team on the night.

How many games have we actually won this season including the pre season friendlys?...1 :disappointment:

These CL games are our bonus payment for the season, if we had won 3-0 the money would be on the table for Goodwillie and Celular, now it's all up in the air.

So in no way is the Malmo result good news

Nothing in last nights performance gives me confidence that we can turn this round, we were beaten by the better team on the night.

How many games have we actually won this season including the pre season friendlys?...1 :disappointment:

These CL games are our bonus payment for the season, if we had won 3-0 the money would be on the table for Goodwillie and Celular, now it's all up in the air.

So in no way is the Malmo result good news

Still a play-off round to deal with to get to the CL proper, some tougher opponents in there so doubtful whether we'd get through that anyway.

i agree that he has to be given at least 1 season the problem is after his 1 season we could be in real trouble say we got put out of the champions league at this stage we lose 15m then say we lose the league and celtic get the 15m next season and we end up out of the champions league next year we will be in serious trouble. if celtic where to then spend they could have us in real trouble as mr whyte does not look to have the cash he claimed to have when he took over the club. i feel this is a crucial season and mcoist needs to sort it out (if he even can) it is not an encouraging start at all but i hope mcoist can turn it around.

I understand a new manager needs time to find the right balance but McCoist had no idea how to turn the team around last night. If thats what he is like just now then what will he be like in 6 months time? If we were showing signs of getting better then I'd be happier but it ain't happening. We got lucky on Saturday against Hearts & were fortunate not to concede more last night.

Winning games is not the real measure of how good a manager is going to be, especially at a club like Rangers. The real measure of a manager is how well them managed adversity.

No. Especially at Rangers, it's about winning despite adversity.

In BP9's defence...

What he is saying (imho) is that there is more to managing than just winning. Winning is the goal, but there is so much more that a manager needs to do to even get there. Man management, tactics, making the right change at the right time. A manager could do all of the right things and still lose.

That's fitba'. Losing a game does not make one a bad manager.

As I stated in my earlier post though... Walter said the expectation at The Rangers was "just win".

So.. BP9's original message was just fine with me... Need to look at it in a larger context. (tu)

Did Super miss Naisey's sitters last night? Nope.

even if he persists in his ways and we keep losing and drawing games??

if he does'nt start showing some signs of aptitude soon, then he can go to fuck, i want RFC to win and at this point in time, it does'nt look like that is going to happen.

We all want them to be winning but we can't just change managers on a whim. McCoist certainly seems to be struggling badly but the decision was made and we all need to take our medicine.

We all want them to be winning but we can't just change managers on a whim. McCoist certainly seems to be struggling badly but the decision was made and we all need to take our medicine.

my own opinion on this is that he should have no more than 10 more games to prove his salt, if he comes up short on tactics/performances/team selections then he can certainly get to fuck, and that is not a whim.