Craig Whyte Statement

G.E.C.

I agree with him. The tie wasn't lost due to a lack of signings.

It was lost due to the indecision of the Management Team in getting rid of fucking players, not signing them!

Then again, if he gets rid of "you know who" (3 of them) then we would need to make signings.

It's a difficult situation to be in.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS chairman Craig Whyte said today he and manager Ally McCoist will stand shoulder to shoulder in their efforts to deliver success for the club this season and he also reinforced his commitment to bring new players to Ibrox.

Whyte said: "Like every Rangers fan I was bitterly disappointed by the result in Malmo last night and I share the supporters' frustration that we will not be competing in the Champions League this season.

Jelavvic and McGregor troop from the field"However, we will look forward and not back and we must pick ourselves up and get on with the job of ensuring that Rangers fans enjoy a successful season.

"Ally and I sat together on the plane home and had a positive discussion about our signing plans.

"We have already recruited three new players and also secured key existing players on long term contracts and rest assured new faces will be arriving at Ibrox.

"I fully understand the fans' frustration at the transfer speculation we have seen in recent weeks but the reason we lost in the Champions League is not due to a lack of signings.

"Had 11 players remained on the pitch last night I have no doubt we would have won the match.

"Ally himself has said publicly that we are a good side that only recently won the league championship.

"Yes, we want to see new faces but we all believed we should have been strong enough over two legs against Malmo.

"Our efforts to sign players have not been helped by the fact we were trying to do business early in the transfer window.

"Selling clubs, particularly in England, were in no rush to do make final decisions on their players.

"If anyone looks at when this club's transfer business has really been done in the last few years, it is towards the end of the window, either in mid to late August or late January.

"That said, we have move on and we will go forward working together as a club determined to build on our success of recent seasons."

Something tells me he is not to happy with Ally.

The transfer window has been open for well over a month now, we've had plenty of time to get signings in. "Mid to late August" is far too late. We've just been fucked out the CL to some mob from Sweden, incase you or Mr Whyte didn't notice.

The season started for us on the 23rd of July, we should have had a good amount of signings in by then.

tell me how you can sign players when they are all away on holidays, or international tournaments and clubs shut down.

Signings have been identified and lets go over old ground

Conway..in at Murray Park for inital talks i.e would you want to play for RANGERS , obviously said no as no offer made.

Israeli guy.... Decided on Spain, his choice or do we lock him in a room til he signs.

Goodwillie..Just a mess from start to finish, but the player obviously did not want to come or he would have made his feelings know to Utd.

The Hungarian and the Dutchman still talking to their respective clubs or is it hey we're RANGERS and you should sell them now.

Davidson , offer made rejected, we are obviously looking at do we think he is worth more.

DANNS on a team in England his decision.

The American guy..signed on pre contract, they got offerd money for him but chanced their arm and we said fine Jan will do nicely.

Ortiz signed.. Goian signed also had a couple players on trial.

And quite frankly the players we have should have been going to Malmo with no worries, but we had a bad night at Ibrox and kissed soem very good chances as we did last night.

Clubs will sell players when they decide not to suit the buying club as they have to look at their requirements as to replacements

He has kept his word to the fans so far and there is no reason yet to doubt him on new signings.He is spot on about last night.Had all 11 of that team stayed on the park we would have won.I blame Whittaker and Bougherra not Whyte or McCoist.Until I see something to the contrary I am 100% behind Whyte and McCoist.Its not their fault the SPL started on 23 July when nobody was doing business.

:lol:

Of course it fkn was! doh

No it wasn't, last seasons champion winning team are more than capable of beating a mid table Swedish side.

A lack lustre first leg and a lack of discipline lost us that tie and the best part of 15 million quid.

tell me how you can sign players when they are all away on holidays, or international tournaments and clubs shut down.

Signings have been identified and lets go over old ground

Conway..in at Murray Park for inital talks i.e would you want to play for RANGERS , obviously said no as no offer made.

Israeli guy.... Decided on Spain, his choice or do we lock him in a room til he signs.

Goodwillie..Just a mess from start to finish, but the player obviously did not want to come or he would have made his feelings know to Utd.

The Hungarian and the Dutchman still talking to their respective clubs or is it hey we're RANGERS and you should sell them now.

Davidson , offer made rejected, we are obviously looking at do we think he is worth more.

DANNS on a team in England his decision.

The American guy..signed on pre contract, they got offerd money for him but chanced their arm and we said fine Jan will do nicely.

Ortiz signed.. Goian signed also had a couple players on trial.

And quite frankly the players we have should have been going to Malmo with no worries, but we had a bad night at Ibrox and kissed soem very good chances as we did last night.

Clubs will sell players when they decide not to suit the buying club as they have to look at their requirements as to replacements

we'll said mate

Couldn't have put that better myself, I'm not good at writing words but that would have how I wrote it (tu) (tu)

He has kept his word to the fans so far and there is no reason yet to doubt him on new signings.He is spot on about last night.Had all 11 of that team stayed on the park we would have won.I blame Whittaker and Bougherra not Whyte or McCoist.Until I see something to the contrary I am 100% behind Whyte and McCoist.Its not their fault the SPL started on 23 July when nobody was doing business.

This. Alot of people have over reacted to the defeat. I would be ragin if we lay down and took a beating but we never. Full blame is on Whittaker for me. McCoist has to get a hold of Whittaker and fine him a weeks wages and put him out the team or a few games.

This. Alot of people have over reacted to the defeat. I would be ragin if we lay down and took a beating but we never. Full blame is on Whittaker for me. McCoist has to get a hold of Whittaker and fine him a weeks wages and put him out the team or a few games.

Sadly leaving him out the team isn't the way tbh

What Whitty needs is the fans support while going through a bad spell, he went from one of our better players last seoson to a shaky start. So we need to get behind him.

No it wasn't, last seasons champion winning team are more than capable of beating a mid table Swedish side.

A lack lustre first leg and a lack of discipline lost us that tie and the best part of 15 million quid.

Spot on Dennis (tu)

We shouldn't even be discussing signings, we should be looking forward to the next round of the CL