Official: Bougherra Leaves As Bartley Arrives For Another Year

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful defender who was unappreciated by our support because his predecessor played in a European final

Farewell Bougie

not at all, i would say it was more to do with him going awol twice when out on international duty, playing less games in a season than davie weir and his constant mouthing off about wanting away.

I like the way he talks about our club (tu)

Same. Every thing he's ever said about us has been a great rad/listen. He seems like a very honest and polite guy. I loved it when he defended Diouf in that Old Firm game. Showed a lot of passion, and his reaction to that cunt Mjallby I don't think I'll forget for a long time. Making Samaras shit himself in that same game was another priceless moment. Love the guy and am delighted he wanted to come back up here.

Underappreciated was the word i was looking for

The majority of our support never took to Bougherra in the same way they took to Cuellar, that's undisputable

my reasons for that is because Cuellar didn't do the shit i mentioned previous, and more importantly, Cuellar was a better defender.

I don't believe Arsenal were ever interested in him.

He's not that good, a lot of bears see through the old blue tints.....

I agree to a point, but I can't help thinking that Bougherra is comfortably better than the majority of clowns that Wenger plays at CB just now.

He was a good player who stayed longer than I expected him to given all the speculation every single transfer window.

I can't help feeling we could have got at least what we paid for him though, even in his last year. Could be the funds are needed for other signings.