47,379 For A Meaningless Friendly...

Muff

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant argue with u atall on this but u would find alot of the support today will be kids wanting to go see chelsea play at ibrox as opposed to malmo ! malmo atmosphere had to be one of worst ive ever been to..hearing them singing wheres your famous atmosphere !

Chelsea have plenty of world class players in their team so I can understand people wanting to go. How often do we get to see the likes of Drogba and Torres?

Could have seen them in the Champions League, if our fans turned up to help us getpast Malmo.

Also, Friendly or not, why do our fans continue to applaud Frank Lampard but give Maurice Edu pelters?

Edu is a Rangers player, not Lampard or any other Chelsea player.

I honestly don't know why people bother going to friendly matches... non competitive football bores the shit out of me.

If Brazil were playing Argentina in a friendly in my back garden I'd close the blinds.

Chance to go see a Top drawer team at Ibrox on a Saturday afternoon vs seeing a shitey Swedish mob outplay us on a Tuesday night.

Not hard to understand FFS

So why didn't you go and watch them?

The opposition are irrelevant although Rangers would have banked about a million today so not to be sniffed at

Some sanctimonious shit being spouted on this thread

Didn't especially fancy paying for a friendly on top of the season ticket money plus all the other games that come off the credit card, not saying I couldn't have afforded it but just didn't think it was worth it.

Especially when it's taking place instead of an SPL match that would have enabled us to try and bounce back quickly from going out of the Champions League.

As for the money, getting into the CL group stages would have earned us a lot more than this Chelsea friendly, but so many people clearly couldn't be arsed turning up to the Malmo game because they had no 'big names'.

Who, me?

If people want to go see Chelsea and not Malmo how can you fault that? There's £150million of talent in their starting 11. It's fucking cringeworthy how posters like you always come out after things like this and just insult people for not going to a CL qualifier, if it was packed or it wasn't, Rangers didn't deserve to go through, nothing to do with the crowd.

Yeah, i agree... its disgsuting that people want to come and watch some of the worlds best players.

The thing that annoyed me is people still left at 75 minutes in... its a friendly, why pay money to leave early... bunch of fucking idiots man.

Could have seen them in the Champions League, if our fans turned up to help us getpast Malmo.

Also, Friendly or not, why do our fans continue to applaud Frank Lampard but give Maurice Edu pelters?

Edu is a Rangers player, not Lampard or any other Chelsea player.

Wasn't the fans who picked the team and shitey tactics that night. Should be beating teams like that comfortably whether there are 500 or 50,000 fans.

If people want to go see Chelsea and not Malmo how can you fault that? There's £150million of talent in their starting 11. It's fucking cringeworthy how posters like you always come out after things like this and just insult people for not going to a CL qualifier, if it was packed or it wasn't, Rangers didn't deserve to go through, nothing to do with the crowd.

What do you expect mate ? It we only got 20k at Ibrox today there would be threads saying people should come out to watch world class players.

i think more have less comitments today, not as much of the die hards there and more family day out for some, this is an over reaction and may be best served after a proper game where the majority will have a valid answer for you

Maybe if people had actually bothered to turn up the players might have? People came out the woodwork clambering about for tickets at Rugby Park on the final day - some of them probably couldn't be arsed as it was only Malmo - Malmo or Manchester United, it was a massive game for the club and the support failed to turn up and get behind the team.

Damn right I will have a go, people on here are always saying how great a support we are - sadly we aren't.

Rangers fans moaning about Rangers fans going to a Rangers match is the height of irony

Today was a great opportunity to blood some young players against quality opposition whilst making a few bob

Berating people who choose to go and watch it is unbelievable

I wish I was an uber fan like you lot

there's always something to complain about isn't there, we've now moved onto supporting our team too much and we should have less going to Ibrox to support our team

I think the point is more, there was considerably less supporting going on at the game which needed support more!

Friendlies are an irrelevence, only good for match fitness in pre-season and since we're 4 games into oure competitive season already it makes it even more pointless.

Wasn't the fans who picked the team and shitey tactics that night. Should be beating teams like that comfortably whether there are 500 or 50,000 fans.

Don't see the fans moaning about forking out to see us get spanked in our backyard today. We aren't at any level to go out and beat any team in Europe comfortably. Look at our European record. It's piss poor.

Those days of us competing and winning comfortably against so called "smaller teams" are gone, in Europe clubs want to draw us cause we are portrayed as a easy fixture.

I didn't go today because I went to the Malmo game. If only they would come to the 'lesser' games we might even perform better. Disgraceful.

Chelsea are fannys anyway. The sooner people realise this the better. They do not give a fuck about us or our club.

Atmosphere wasnt up to much today again im afriad it looks like the singing will be at away games only bar the old firm at ibrox which is sad. But with nearly a full house it would have brung it some cash probaly to give kerker a better deal

Better sing song on the bus

Atmosphere wasnt up to much today again im afriad it looks like the singing will be at away games only bar the old firm at ibrox which is sad. But with nearly a full house it would have brung it some cash probaly to give kerker a better deal

Better sing song on the bus