Gers Set For Double Deal

Ferdasyn

RANGERS will approach Sweidsh outfit Orebo to try to complete a deal for Alex Bedoya now after being granted a work permit for the American midfielder today.

The Light Blues have already concluded a pre-contract for Bedoya to join in January. However, they were given clearance on the player today and will attempt to bring him in as soon as possible.

It has also been confirmed by boss Ally McCoist that a deal has been done with Australian midfielder Matt McKay and Rangers are now waiting for a work permit to be processesd so that he can brought onboard.

However, the manager accepts that the chances of signing Hungarian centre back Roland Juhasz appear to be fading. He is still keen on Carlos Cuellar but the stumbling block is that the former Ranger won't be fit until the middle of next month.

McCoist also indicated that he could be open to a loan move for another former Ranger, Danny Wilson.

He said today: "The good news is that we got a work permit this morning for Alejandro Bedoya. In an ideal world for all parties we would like to get a deal done sonner rather than later.

"I will speak to Craig Whyte and see if we can do a deal with Orebro and it would be ideal if we could have Bedoya registered for next week's Europa League match in Maribor."

Meanwhile, McCoist is hoping to further strengthen the midfield with the signing of Matt McKay from Brisbane Roar. A deal has been done for the 28-year-old but Rangers are waiting fror a work permit.

Its funny i get the impression that half the folks on here are tripping over there bottom lips, cheer the fukk up eh

We are excited but have seen all this before. Orebro still have to accept a bid for Bedoya and although pretty certain, we still need that work permit for McKay. I just think the Bedoya stuff is a little premature-don't post anything on your website when you probably havent talked to them yet about the fee (I know it was said to be 650K and I know they will drop but to us that means we will offer probably 50 quid!)

I'm happy with this news, you'd have to be a bead-rattler not to be (tu)

Rangers signing 2 new players who are first team regulars for USA & Oz, any Rangers fan who can put a negative spin on that needs a right jab

We are excited but have seen all this before. Orebro still have to accept a bid for Bedoya and although pretty certain, we still need that work permit for McKay. I just think the Bedoya stuff is a little premature-don't post anything on your website when you probably havent talked to them yet about the fee (I know it was said to be 650K and I know they will drop but to us that means we will offer probably 50 quid!)

I know it aint done and dusted but surely this is something positive

While its good we are getting guys in at last, and although I had never heard of them until we went for pretty much all of our new signings, I would still have liked a big name signing or two just to give the place a bit of a buzz again.

While its good we are getting guys in at last, and although I had never heard of them until we went for pretty much all of our new signings, I would still have liked a big name signing or two just to give the place a bit of a buzz again.

It'll come, I'm sure of it.