Players Who Have Left And Then Became Better

Bluetiful

Following on from the best debut thread, and in transfer d day, which bears spring to mind who you've been almost glad to see leave or go on loan, and then become pretty decent or certainly a lot better than their time at Ibrox.

Or I guess which players as well have you seen go and then get worse?

Following on from the best debut thread, and in transfer d day, which bears spring to mind who you've been almost glad to see leave or go on loan, and then become pretty decent or certainly a lot better than their time at Ibrox.

Or I guess which players as well have you seen go and then get worse?

Sionko & Sebo

Charlie Adam. What a player he turned out to be. Although some people on this forum are a little too bitter to admit it.

I rated Adam and never wanted him sold, but you can still see flaws in his game done well since he's left us though and good luck to him.

Charlie Adam. What a player he turned out to be. Although some people on this forum are a little too bitter to admit it.

He showed that he had the attributes to be a player while he was at Ibrox. Although he must take a share of the blame for his fitness, he was badly handled by Smith and his 'square peg, round hole' selection policy.

He showed that he had the attributes to be a player while he was at Ibrox. Although he must take a share of the blame for his fitness, he was badly handled by Smith and his 'square peg, round hole' selection policy.

He showed all the attributes when he was loaned to Blackpool. People were raving about his halfway line goals and set pieces. Walter and Ally weren't interested though.

He showed all the attributes when he was loaned to Blackpool. People were raving about his halfway line goals and set pieces. Walter and Ally weren't interested though.

Exactly. My thoughts on the likes of Hutton, Little and Fleck are that they will likely end up in the same boat as Adam, whether they impress or not.

You could also say they were vindicated in their assessment as we just kept on bringing home the trophies.

The problem for Adam was was highlighted for me at games, Mendes would play a shite pass with the outside of his foot going to the opposition or out of play and everyone would shout nice try Pedro.

Adam would do the same and everyone would be calling for his head.

Exactly. My thoughts on the likes of Hutton, Little and Fleck are that they will likely end up in the same boat as Adam, whether they impress or not.

Little especially, what a debut he made for us starting at right-back in an Old firm game and nearly conceding a goal. Then we found out he was a striker all along? Wouldn't surprise me if his confidence is still suffering to this day.

The problem for Adam was was highlighted for me at games, Mendes would play a shite pass with the outside of his foot going to the opposition or out of play and everyone would shout nice try Pedro.

Adam would do the same and everyone would be calling for his head.

That's what happens though... as highlighted by what's happening now. Better players try a pass "oooh unlucky"... Poorer players try same thing "oh fuck off you cunt, why are you playing for us?"

Been happening for years and will continue to happen for years.

Then we have the players who don't do very much positive but because they've endeared themselves to the fans via one way or another, the avoid huge criticism from the stands. (Diouf a prime example, the only player I know in recent history who could be shite for 70-80 mins, but kiss his badge on the way off to an ovation).

That's what happens though... as highlighted by what's happening now. Better players try a pass "oooh unlucky"... Poorer players try same thing "oh fuck off you cunt, why are you playing for us?"

Been happening for years and will continue to happen for years.

Then we have the players who don't do very much positive but because they've endeared themselves to the fans via one way or another, the avoid huge criticism from the stands. (Diouf a prime example, the only player I know in recent history who could be shite for 70-80 mins, but kiss his badge on the way off to an ovation).

A young player has to be able to make the mistakes as that's all part of him growing as a player.

Agree with the Diouf scenario most fans liked him as he had the bad blood with the scum.

Still don't rate Adam, people seem to prefer to miss his overall performance in a game as long as he produces at least one long range pass.

Can take a cracking corner mind you.

His debut for Liverpool was outstanding. How you cannot rate him is beyond me.