*** The Official Champions V Bheggars***

McGregor

Whittaker - Goian - Bocanegra - Papac

Naismith - Ortiz - Davis - McKay

Lafferty - Jelavic

Subs - Alexander, Broadfoot, Perry, Bedoya, Edu, Wylde, Healy

Score prediction - Champions 2 v 1 Bheasts

Why on earth do u think it'd be a gd idea to play Ortiz at CM?

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :Goian::Bocanegra: :papac:

:Naismith: :davis: :3070edu: :wylde:

:lafferty: :jelavic:

If Papac isnt fit then i'd play Broadfoot instead. Very anxious for this :|

That would be my side also, except Broadfooot in for Whittaker at right back.

Really don't fancy Lee Wallace for this one, never been convinced by him defensively so I hope Sasa is fit to play.

If Naismith misses yet another sitter I would strongly suggest he be dropped. Still furious about the Heart/Malmo/Maribor chances.

I would strongly suggest that you shut up!

This is the second thread you've had a dig at naismith.

He's our top scorer ffs.

:praise::Naismith:

Why on earth do u think it'd be a gd idea to play Ortiz at CM?

From what I've seen of him so far I think he'd be an excellent choice to partner Davis in the middle. He tracks players, stays tight to them whenever he can, is a hard worker, likes to attack and can actually pass a football. He doesn't have the pace to give us a real threat when played on the left or right of midfield because he's always shown the inside route and looks as if he'd rather cut in anyway. Nothing wrong with that, but I just think he'd be a good option in the middle. Since Ness is still out and Hutton has been sent on loan I'd rather see Ortiz, Naismith, McKay or Bedoya playing in the middle with Davis before Jig or Edu. I know Mo has the odd good game, but I'd rather see someone else partnering Davis.

I posted this in the "should McCulloch play?" thread. but I feel its more relevant in here.

celtics Defenders are worse than ours, it's their midfield that wins games for them, we need to take the game to them, their defenders will panic if they are facing waves after waves of Rangers attacks, but in order to do that, we need players who can take a ball, and do clever things with it, whether that be chipping the ball over for the attacker, playing a defence splitting through ball or even a simple 5 yard pass to someone who can make better use of a ball/remove pressure. Davis and Naismith have proven they are two of the players who can do that, therefore they would be the first names on my teamsheet after Shagger, that leaves a choice of McKay/Bedoya/Edu/McCulloch/Wylde (4-4-2 is my formation). Now we havent seen much of Bedoya or McKay, however, we have seen alot of McCulloch, and he's just not good enough any more, Edu was great yesterday, so he would certainly be in with a shout, if only for his ability to chase, harry and tackle. I have seen a bit of McKay watching Austraila in internationals, and based on that, he would play on the left for me, ahead of Wylde (who has very poor endproduct) with Edu taking the CM slot besides Davis - McKay isnt afraid of a good fight either, and we'll probabaly see him get fired into some tasty tackles, We all know how up for it Naismith is, Edu's tackling is the best of our CM's (with a immobile McCulloch and Davis's forte is not tackling, thats not hard.) I have no concerns about the physicality of our midfield, in addition to that, the midfield I propose we play have good ball skills (with the exception of Edu, who has not consistently proved his ability with a ball at his feet) and the passing game should flow, this would benefit both Jela and Lafferty immensely (Lafferty in particular - he's useless in the air) The advantage of having a ball playing midfield is that should celtic dive into tackles, our players should be passing the ball about before they get close, tiring celtic out (particularly that diddy brown) which is a tactic they have used against us. The key to winning this midfield battle for me - possession, the old adage of "if they dont have the ball, they cant score" still rings true, we have a good quality of strikers to make use of possession we gain (yes I do think Lafferty is quality!). This game will be won or lost in the midfield, and I feel we have the superior players in every position going into this one, however, unless we use them correctly, it could all come to naught. I just hope McCoist will make the right choices in this one...

LETS GET THE BATTLE FEVER ON! uk.gif