Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

Just now, RDFM said:

The Celtic example in that part was just a reference not a standard, team could easily be changed to Liverpool etc.

Thanks for your insight though xo.

It's alright, you can edit the post if you want and we can all pretend this didn't happen.

I thought those that went to the final Old Firm game in 2012, while the club were in admin, showed very bad judgment.  At a time when our club was in admin and needed every penny it could get our fans were giving Celtic £44 for 8000 tickets.  Justification for this at that time was 'aye, but it might be the last wan fur a while'.  I knew then that fans would put their own interests before the clubs and have never taken talk of boycotts seriously.  I wasn't surprised when fan turned up at the Dundee United boycott as they will always puts themselves first.  

We shouldn't have turned up for that final Old Firm game back in 2012.  Not just the fans, but the first-team.  It was a chance to deny Sky Sports their big game and show everyone what the game up here would be like without us.  What would've been the punishment for not turning up?  A fine?  Kick us out the league?  They did all that anyway.  Instead, we got fucked 3-0 and our fans said the result was unimportant as their was bigger things to worry about. If the result didn't matter why give Celtic all that fucking money?!

32 minutes ago, RDFM said:

The five stars above the badge look tacky as fuck and shouldn't exist.

Ibrox looks dreadful except for the Main Stand.

We sing far too much about Celtic and the plethora of Pedophile-related songs are unnecessary and over used.

If we had less songs about conflicts in Ireland and more songs about Rangers then our support and global brand would be much better and we'd be praised just as much if not more than Celtic's.

Once we next win the league, our primary method of having players should be through youth development because anything else will be unsustainable as we don't have a hope in Europe.

Lee Wallace isn't and will never be a Rangers legend.

Doesn't bother me at all.

Don't agree.

We don't really tbf.

Couldn't care less about praise, and there is no conflict in Ireland :pipe: 

Probably agree.

He is, already imo.

Just now, RDFM said:

As its a thread about opinions I feel no embarrassment.

Can you no seriously see how daft that post was?

They cunts sing about nothing other than Ireland, the Totty Famine and the RA. Who gives a fuck about being praised and global support anyway? I'd hate to become a faceless global Club.

Just now, theweebluenose said:

Can you no seriously see how daft that post was?

They cunts sing about nothing other than Ireland, the Totty Famine and the RA. Who gives a fuck about being praised and global support anyway? I'd hate to become a faceless global Club.

They do sing about Irish pish too yes, but they've also got a lot more songs actually about their club.

Just now, RDFM said:

They do sing about Irish pish too yes, but they've also got a lot more songs actually about their club.

So do we, I'd say it's probably similar in the way the songbook is split either way and both supports sing Loyalist and Rbel songs more than Club songs at away games. Currently they have slightly more songs about players and the likes as they have something to sing about, singing the Halliday song and that We're going for 55 towards the end of the season was going to happen.

2 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

So do we, I'd say it's probably similar in the way the songbook is split either way and both supports sing Loyalist and Rbel songs more than Club songs at away games. Currently they have slightly more songs about players and the likes as they have something to sing about, singing the Halliday song and that We're going for 55 towards the end of the season was going to happen.

We've got a fair amount but they've got more and you hear them more.

Seems like every song we sing or make up these days has got something to do with Bobby Sands or some other event that a decent amount of the support wasn't even alive during.

2 hours ago, RDFM said:

We've got a fair amount but they've got more and you hear them more.

Seems like every song we sing or make up these days has got something to do with Bobby Sands or some other event that a decent amount of the support wasn't even alive during.

You only hear them singing more about fitbaw because they have something to sing about, when things weren't great on the pitch for them it was the Soldiers Song and Boys of the Old Brigade non stop. They are probably more vehemently Republican these days than they have been in a white, just look at the shite ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ get away, non stop Provo Banners.

Don't even know why I am debating this, couldn't give a fuck. Get the Loyalist songs belted loud and proud.

26 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Fernando, Jig and Novo should not be in the hall of fame.

Feel bad for saying that about Fernando for all he went through but his career will be remembered mostly for all the wrong reasons.

Most of the players inducted post-2000 shouldn't be.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I thought those that went to the final Old Firm game in 2012, while the club were in admin, showed very bad judgment.  At a time when our club was in admin and needed every penny it could get our fans were giving Celtic £44 for 8000 tickets.  Justification for this at that time was 'aye, but it might be the last wan fur a while'.  I knew then that fans would put their own interests before the clubs and have never taken talk of boycotts seriously.  I wasn't surprised when fan turned up at the Dundee United boycott as they will always puts themselves first.  

We shouldn't have turned up for that final Old Firm game back in 2012.  Not just the fans, but the first-team.  It was a chance to deny Sky Sports their big game and show everyone what the game up here would be like without us.  What could they have done for not turning up?  Fine us?  Kick us out the league?  They did all that anyway.  Instead, we got fucked 3-0 and our fans said the result was unimportant as their was bigger things to worry about. If the result didn't matter why give Celtic all that fucking money?!

What a lot of shite

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Harry Forrester is the best player at Rangers.

Zelalem wasn't as bad as made out last year.

In terms of natural ability, probably. Just a shame his attitude is atrocious.

Agreed, was very good technically and I think he would have done well if we had him this season. It's just a shame we got him while we were in a league with hammer throwing players and wanky managers like Mark Burchill.