Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Gregg Wylde. Yes there are times when he can be very frustrating but he definitely offers a lot that no other player in our team does.

There are times when he gets into some excellent positions and he picks the wrong option or let's the ball bunce off his shin but then gets in situations when you don't expect anything and he whips in a great ball. He adds a bit of width, pace and balance to our team and he has cemented his place as our main winger.

You have to remember that he is still only 20 and is still learning the game. I don't have the exact stats but I'm guessing he is in double figures for assists.

He had one cross in particular today that was utterly sensational and deserved someone to be on the end of it to nod home.

Tight to the touchline, close to the byeline in the first half, at full pace whipped over this ball which curved out slightly, totally taking Stack out of the game... and only an incredible headed clearance prevented a goal.

His decision making is poor at times, but that will improve with experience. I definitely don't see the lad's crossing as something to be concerned with as not every winger pings in the perfect ball every time.

He has little or no skill.

His crossing is either off the first man or beyond the last.

All he has is pace. Last night we had two wingers who couldn't cross a ball between them.

I kind of agree : i feel he has some potential but is a little one-dimensional

Gregg Wylde he is getting a game every week he is a kid and will get better through playing trying his best .

He is trying too hard too impress for me - through age .

Our club cannot buy Robben or a Aaron Lennon yet the fans want the youth but wont support them.

This lad has pace and will learn and if you were to have some patience he may turn out to be a

player which giggs had to do at man utd learn the ropes and get better.

Gregg Wylde is good enough for rangers better than ortiz and give the boy a chance

some forget the cross he put in at the title winning kilmarnock game .

This kid is only going to get better IMO, I have often criticised his crossing,

but he is learning. Think back to the second half V the unwashed,

he crossed the ball early and caused havoc in the box.

That's the key with him, he put's a great bend on the ball and when he gets to

close to the by line it goes out before it has the chance to get in the box.

But to me, he still thinks that most fans want him to hit the by line before

he puts it in. Me, I only want him to get it in early to hurt the opposition.

hes a exciting prospect. alot of our play runs through him.

he does have alot to work on no doubt about it. he needs to be able to use his right foot, and to cut inside every so often to become less predictable.

lets give the lad a chance. hes one of us trying his best.

he is certainly not top class but to give him his due he is far better out on the right hand side because i far prefer an inswinging cross as has been proved with his assists for big laff today and against dundee united so hard to defend they kind of balls..

Gregg Wylde he is getting a game every week he is a kid and will get better through playing trying his best .

He is trying too hard too impress for me - through age .

Our club cannot buy Robben or a Aaron Lennon yet the fans want the youth but wont support them.

This lad has pace and will learn and if you were to have some patience he may turn out to be a

player which giggs had to do at man utd learn the ropes and get better.

Gregg Wylde is good enough for rangers better than ortiz and give the boy a chance

some forget the cross he put in at the title winning kilmarnock game .

Agreed, too many people are looking for the finished article. Give the boy a chance to grow.