Boyd off the boil?

He's no scored in 3 games.

It's not the end of the world but by his standards it's quite poor.

It won't be long before he's hitting the back of the net again.

Thats the thing Boyd won't score for 3 games then pop-up with a double or a hat-trick

Thats whats happened, he scored 3 against The Sheep and hasn't scored since :lol:

will probably get slaughtered for this but I have a feeling boyd could be on his way in the summer or find himself on the bench quite a bit because I have got a feeling that WS is going to be playing with a 4-5-1 formation next season!

macgregor

hutton weir webster smith

???? thompson ferguson brown(if he signs) ????

????

i think the ????´s will be the filled by new signings!

Smith has alredy stated that he won't play Boyd up front himself, so if he is to go with the 4-5-1 then Boyd will struggle to get in the team.

will probably get slaughtered for this but I have a feeling boyd could be on his way in the summer or find himself on the bench quite a bit because I have got a feeling that WS is going to be playing with a 4-5-1 formation next season!

macgregor

hutton weir webster smith

???? thompson ferguson brown(if he signs) ????

????

i think the ????´s will be the filled by new signings!

Like you I don't think Mr Boyd is rated that highly by WS certain ly not if he is going to play with a lone striker.

I think boyd will be sold in the summer with Barry

Why would we sell arguably our best player we have in the squad and why would you sell a striker who is a scoring machine? ok he a fat lazy bass but when he gets the service he scores goals which no1else in the bloody team does!! If we never had Boyd in our team then Charlie Adam would be our highest goalscorer :blink:

Boyd is such an enigma I for one am glad that I don't have to decide what to do with him this summer.

Yes he scores barrel loads of goals, but as the thread starter said he will score two or three in a game then not score for three games It's ok to that if you are contributing elsewhere, but he isn't and that is where the major problem lies. Although it's nice to have the league's top goal scorer it's is absolutely no use to the team if he is going to score two/three goals every five games with both of them coming in a three nil victory against say St Mirren and then go and have one of his numerous "anoynomous" performances in a more difficult game where we are struggling to break down an opposition's defence.

Yes we have an over reliance on Boyd's goals at the moment, but that is simply because we don't have a regular scoring forward playing beside him or anybody from midfield really contributing either. The contributions in terms of goals from Novo, Sebo, Prso and Buffel this season have been shocking and for that reason we seem to have an over relianc eon Boyd.

If we were to find two strikers who could hit between 12-15 goals each while also working hard for the team and a midfielder who could hit between 5-7 then we would be far better as team and not have to rely on Boyd so much.

I personally think that the over reliance of such a one dimensional and lazy player is a furthur testimant to just how far we have fallen. I appreciate his contribution, but we have to remember that he came in as a £400,000 player from Kilmarnock who we really had little expectation for at all. He was arguably the one bright spot in what was a poor poor season and as a result a lot of fans have brandished him as being untouchable, when truth be told he is far from it.

I think boyd will be sold in the summer with Barry

Why would we sell arguably our best player we have in the squad and why would you sell a striker who is a scoring machine? ok he a fat lazy bass but when he gets the service he scores goals which no1else in the bloody team does!! If we never had Boyd in our team then Charlie Adam would be our highest goalscorer :blink:

Scary thought..

He needs to contribute more to the team....if we had 2 quality wingers and a great striker next to him(dado is one but his legs are in bits now) then Boyd maybe show more but on Saturday he done the odd run but he reminds me of the a Scottish Marco Negri.

Does sod all but score tap in's and his face is always trippin him and he moans for Britain.

boyds goals

not penalties:

2 against hearts

2 against killie

1 against dunfermline - beaut

1 against motherwell

1 against dunfermline again

1 against auxerre

1 against killie

1 against st mirren

2 against dundee utd

2 against dunfermline

1 of 3 against kilmarnock (other 2 were pks)

1 against falkirk

1 against hapoel

3 against aberdeen

20 goals not from penalties still higher than any other player in scotland.

and as for penalties:

1 against falkirk

1 agaisnt livorno

1 against motherwell

2 against killie

another 5, 25 goals in total, good enough record for me

for a 400,000 player to be criticised for not scoring in 3 games (by the way the last time he scored it was a hat trick) is astounding.

Boyds set his own standard. He is never going to be Thierry Henry, what you see is what you get..a goalscorer

boyds goals

not penalties:

2 against hearts

2 against killie

1 against dunfermline - beaut

1 against motherwell

1 against dunfermline again

1 against auxerre

1 against killie

1 against st mirren

2 against dundee utd

2 against dunfermline

1 of 3 against kilmarnock (other 2 were pks)

1 against falkirk

1 against hapoel

3 against aberdeen

20 goals not from penalties still higher than any other player in scotland.

and as for penalties:

1 against falkirk

1 agaisnt livorno

1 against motherwell

2 against killie

another 5, 25 goals in total, good enough record for me

I see your point and believe me i think we should keep him but how many of those goals were in BIG games like Celtic,Osasuna even Hibs.

All were against mediocre sides with the exception of Aberdeen ,maybe Hearts who are just above average