Rangers Fans And Scotland...

graeme_4

Anyone actually give a fleck about watching Scotland?

I can't say I'm ever particularly bothered, I do watch the games on tv, but never go to games.

I like to see them win, but certainly wouldn't let it ruin my day (where as when we lose/draw it ruins my week).

I do think its a myth that no Rangers fans support Scotland, I believe that we actually make up the higehst percentage of the 'tartan army' (or i might have just made it up -haha!). I'd far rather see them win than England or N.I., I am Scottish, but just find it hard to motivate myself to get excited for games.

Any bears on here follow Scotland to the degree they follow Rangers? :uk:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Scots, passionate and proud and absolutely will be watching the games - living in hope of qualifying - but realistic enough to realise it really is only a dream, again!

.. and i also believe we still make up the biggest portion of the Tartan Army! Always have - always will.

I am Scots, passionate and proud and absolutely will be watching the games - living in hope of qualifying - but realistic enough to realise it really is only a dream, again!

.. and i also believe we still make up the biggest portion of the Tartan Army! Always have - always will.

Ditto (tu)

That's nothing to do with the fact that I'm a Rangers fan, i just don't really enjoy international football full stop.

Think I could probably be categorised in the same boat.

I just find it fairly dull.

I was reading an article about some punter who bet on 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 on every game at the world cup last year. Think he made a fortune. Doesn't say a lot for the level of excitement international football brings when this is whats happening even at World Cups.

International tournaments are much more about the hype than the actual games I think.

Rangers still contribute more than any other club to the scottish support

I have been to plenty of scotland games home an dabroad

You can have answers to all your questions by using the search function...someone asks this question every single Scotland game and gets the response and debate that you are no doubt praying for

This (tu)

I just don't feel anything for the National team. I don't think i've missed a televised game and I take an interest but that's it. No emotional responses from me at all. Which is maybe strange. Don't know why I'm like that. Even Smith as the gaffer and Ferguson the captain didn't make a difference to me.

This 00000042.gif

I find it sad that a number of fans have turned their back on the national team given that the involvement of Rangers at all levels (players, coaches, management & fans) throughout the years.

Rangers and Scotland have numerous links that we should be proud of and celebrate, the national team has a large part in our history.

I find it especially sad when folk say its becaise of the Tartan Army, turning their back cause they don't like some sheepshaggers more interested in drinking than football.

I guess some traditions are worth figthing over more than most though.

I find it sad that a number of fans have turned their back on the national team given that the involvement of Rangers at all levels (players, coaches, management & fans) throughout the years.

Rangers and Scotland have numerous links that we should be proud of and celebrate, the national team has a large part in our history.

I find it especially sad when folk say its becaise of the Tartan Army, turning their back cause they don't like some sheepshaggers more interested in drinking than football.

I guess some traditions are worth figthing over more than most though.

Correct. Hence the reason I could never bring myself to mingle with that shower of Rangers hating inbreds.