Who Is Your Most Favourite Rangers Player Ever?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I really don't get the popular impression that Barry Ferguson was a shadow of the player he was after he returned. First off he was playing in a team that had sold some of the most professional and arguably talented players we've seen play for Rangers (Mols, De Boer, Canniga etc.). The 2007/08 UEFA cup run, Ferguson was magnificent and it's also no surprise that Scotland's fortunes took a downturn after banning Ferguson from playing. Either way, Ferguson has been pretty much exemplary throughout his Rangers career. It's just so the rest of the Rangers weren't quite up to his standards second time around.

Aye a understand where you are coming from, but for me personally he was not as good in his second spell. And even though he was surrounded by a better class of player first time he was still a stand out more times than not. It was a shame how it all ended.

Aye a understand where you are coming from, but for me personally he was not as good in his second spell. And even though he was surrounded by a better class of player first time he was still a stand out more times than not. It was a shame how it all ended.

Aye, fair enough. It was much more of a battle. I'm just one of the guys who never saw him as betraying us by leaving and throughout Celtic's 3-in-a-row I'm sure he had a few opportunities to head back down south.

It's difficult, but I have to say Mols. I've never seen anyone play like that before, and the different type of goals he scored proves how much of a genius the guy was. He hadn't just managed to master one or two types of strike, but all of them. Never seen anyone turn like that before or after him, if he hadn't had the injury he would have been a Rangers god in my opinion.

Seriously he is whom I would consider a footballing genius, someone who has his own completely different style, who doesn't have to think, someone who takes the utter piss out of players when rapid play and high fitness is seen throughout opposing teams.

I just watch some of his old performances with a wow expression on my face!

Totally agree , ive had a few arguments with my celtic fan mates cos I honestly think had he not got injured he could of been better than larsson

Totally agree , ive had a few arguments with my celtic fan mates cos I honestly think had he not got injured he could of been better than larsson

Easily better than Larsson if he didn't get his injury. Things he could do I never saw another player like him. Larsson was intelligent player with good skill, not in Mols league.

A great question/thread and I 'have' to go with my gut. My first ever hero was Davie Cooper and I could never betray his memory by naming another - it's an age thing. Just a thought - maybe a thread with your favourite starting 11 would be a better way for supporters to express themselves?

WATP!