Hamburg V Rangers 29th November - Confirmed.

BEE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that ?

Rangers fans afraid of the weather ?

I can't belive it... :lol:

In Hamburg all times the sun is shining.... :21:

I doubt if anybody's scared of the weather, it won't be much worse than Aberdeen at the same time of year and we regularly head on up there.

But you don't fool me.

Even in Hamburg the sun sleeps ;)

SPL Champions Rangers will travel to Germany on Tuesday 29 November to play Bundesliga side Hamburg in a friendly (Kick off 7.15pm local time).

Hamburg, who finished eighth in the league last season, are one of Germany's oldest clubs and enjoyed the bulk of their success in the 1970s and 80s, securing the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1976-77 and the European Cup in 1982-83 - the year they clinched the last of their six national titles.

They also helped launch the career of former Ibrox idol Jorg Albertz - The Hammer played almost 130 games for Hamburg in two spells - and he will no doubt be an interested spectator when the Light Blues travel to Germany next month.

Currently managed by caretaker boss Rodolfo Cardoso, Hamburg play at the impressive Imtech Arena - one of 12 elite venues used at the 2006 World Cup Finals - and Ally McCoist will take a strong team to Northern Germany for the 29 November friendly.

The Rangers manager said: "We are looking forward to playing Liverpool at Ibrox later this month and this game against Hamburg in Germany will be another good test for us.

"We have travelled to Germany on a number of pre-season trips in recent seasons and always enjoy great support from Rangers fans living abroad so I am sure this match will be no different.

"Like us, Hamburg have a great history and we look forward to taking the squad back to Germany later in the season."

Frank Arnesen, Sporting Director at Hamburg, added: "We are very much looking forward to the match, playing against a fantastic team such as Rangers.

"It is a great opportunity for our young team to gain further experience and to prepare itself perfectly for upcoming matches in the Bundesliga.

"By bringing Rangers, a team with whom our fans have a very special relationship, we want to thank our fans for their fantastic support over the last few weeks and months.

"I hope they enjoy this special friendly match and we look forward to welcoming Rangers and their fans."

The club will contact Travel Club members directly about this game and details will also be published on the official site in due course.