Bbc Protest

kplfishtank

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The protest, in my opinion, was a waste of time. How many people attended? Where was the facility for supporters of the club to register their attendance? How many rangers fans passed through? Is singing Build My Gallows High really a protest against the bbc?

The people who turned up today deserved great credit and not people slagging them.

The protest, in my opinion, was a waste of time. How many people attended? Where was the facility for supporters of the club to register their attendance? How many rangers fans passed through? Is singing Build My Gallows High really a protest against the bbc?

It's all well sitting up on your high horse slagging off the protest but everyone involved with the protest deserves credit, if you saw problems with the protest wouldn't you be better contacting those who organised it privately giving them your "constructive criticism" rather than knocking the protest on a public forum which the enemy will be reading. From what i've heard and seen it was a good show today and almost everyone has spoke positively about it bar you.

One Club, One Support. No Surrender

No handwringers please.

Your opinion and of course you are entitled to it.

With regards to your questions, I'd say 250-300ish there at any one time, with others coming, staying for a few minutes then heading on. Seen at least 30 doing this in the time I was there.

Not sure why a register was needed though? What is your thinking on why that would be a requirement mate?

Build My Gallows must have been sung before I arrived.... so can't comment on that.

I saw a video on youtube of the protest and then it went on to the troops at half time.

Aye, some guy on FF uploaded it and linked it. I've pretty much given up trying to post in the thread though as all my posts get deleted.

This was an opportunity for our supporters to unite as one, it was shown but those involved that it can be done.

If in future further events are held rather than publicly try to put down, dissuade, or antagonise would it not be better to back our support for once rather than look for cracks to split us.

Rangers fans should have a common goal, to look after our club. If you can't support the way people want to do that, then your input isn't required or needed.

Just to clarify, fellow Bears, I thought the protest was a brilliant idea, and well attended. Is it really justifiable to accuse me of being a hand wringer because I suggested nothing more than a simple register of all who attended?

I spoke with 1 Mod from this site, and asked the same question, and it was not a criticism. It was a genuine suggestion, as I was well aware that hundreds and probably thousands would pass through in the 2 hours. Why not register this fact and make it available to the people who mattered?

If we can't make suggestions as to how we can improve our fight against our enemies without being ridiculed then I really do fear for our future and unity against those enemies.

My way, or the highway?

Ever thought that such an attitude may have something to do with the lack of general support?

Not really, what I'm saying is, there is so many fans willing to put something down for various reasons.

For example, many supporters didn't support the protest because it was VB's idea. That's fine, but why feel the need to diss it. Why not say, fair enough let them get on with it. We've built up a support over the years that is too busy trying to outdo each other rather than build common denominators.

Why give supporters of other clubs, the media, etc ammunition against us?

Granted every club, group, forum, website has a different slant on how they view Rangers, but the common aim is the same, we love our club, its team and its history.

Not really, what I'm saying is, there is so many fans willing to put something down for various reasons.

For example, many supporters didn't support the protest because it was VB's idea. That's fine, but why feel the need to diss it. Why not say, fair enough let them get on with it. We've built up a support over the years that is too busy trying to outdo each other rather than build common denominators.

Granted every club, group, forum, website has a different slant on how they view Rangers, but the common aim is the same, we love our club, its team and its history.

That's fair enough, bud. Anyone who puts their own wee group ahead of the good of Rangers are setting themselves up for a fall. My own personal view is that i couldn't give a fuck about the cliques or what any outsiders think.

That's fair enough, bud. Anyone who puts their own wee group ahead of the good of Rangers are setting themselves up for a fall. My own personal view is that i couldn't give a fuck about the cliques or what any outsiders think.

There are divisions, that is clear and in certain cases appropriate. But where the welfare and being of our club is at stake we should all be united.

Correct. So why "diss" true supporters of our club such as myself for "daring" to suggest such a simple thing as a register at today's protest?

Such a register would provide proof of the numbers who did actually protest, and could be used in any future dealings with this fake television corporation. In my opinion, we missed an opportunity which I hope we don't miss the next time.

If such a suggestion makes me a handwringer, then so be it.

Not sure why a register was needed though? What is your thinking on why that would be a requirement mate?

Such a register would provide proof of the numbers who did actually protest, and could be used in any future dealings with this fake television corporation.

Gotcha (tu)

Correct. So why "diss" true supporters of our club such as myself for "daring" to suggest such a simple thing as a register at today's protest?

Such a register would provide proof of the numbers who did actually protest, and could be used in any future dealings with this fake television corporation. In my opinion, we missed an opportunity which I hope we don't miss the next time.

If such a suggestion makes me a handwringer, then so be it.

I don't get this register thing. Why? What purpose would it really serve? And under what manifestation would it be? Real names and addresses or internet monikers?

There are photos and videos of the protest, this is enough to serve the purpose of knowing roughly how many were there.

If a register was set up, do you think the numbers involved would increase or decrease?

I suspect they'd decrease and quite substantially.

Already on taig sites they have photos and are trying to identify protestors. For what reason I do not know, what would happen if such a register fell into the wrong hands?