Bbc Protest

kplfishtank

Well said that man, I'll see you there! Remember the saying: All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Perhaps the saying in this context is a bit dramatic, however, the message is nevertheless the same. Too long has the Rangers support been apathetic, adopting the dignified silence stance. This was partly caused by the previous custodian & his board, who wouldn't lift a finger to defend the club or its fans.

Do you think its ok to be regularly called a H** on radio etc, while the media go mad at the slightest hint of the F word?

Do you think its fair to conduct news reports on Scottish sectarianism outside Ibrox? Can you imaging the outcry if it was in the East end?

Do you think its unfair to edit film footage to make McCoist look like he was laughing during serious discussions about sectarianism?

Do you think its fair to target Craig Whyte, when folk like Lemmon, Desmond et al have been involved in shady business deals?

I could go on...

Whats the objective I hear asked? Its simple, for too long has this organisation chipped away at us with their snide innuendo & bigoted comments and now its time to show the BBC just what happens when you push too far. This protest is all about publicity, the more that turns up, the more publicity we will get - and they'll hate it.

We now have a custodian thats willing to take action, so lets show solidarity with him & let the BBC know that we are united and wont take anymore.

If your content to sit & moan behind a keyboard, fine, this isn't for you. Likewise, like a few have suggested on here, they cant see anything wrong with the BBC, then also fine, sit at home or go to the game. However, if you want to send a clear message to the BBC, then go to the protest and stand with other Bears.

Is it worth a couple of hours out your life? I certainly think so.

From small acorns......

From small acorns is right. The fightback has to start somewhere, this could be the place. Join the protest and you can say you were there when the tide turned.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said that man, I'll see you there! Remember the saying: All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Perhaps the saying in this context is a bit dramatic, however, the message is nevertheless the same. Too long has the Rangers support been apathetic, adopting the dignified silence stance. This was partly caused by the previous custodian & his board, who wouldn't lift a finger to defend the club or its fans.

Do you think its ok to be regularly called a H** on radio etc, while the media go mad at the slightest hint of the F word?

Do you think its fair to conduct news reports on Scottish sectarianism outside Ibrox? Can you imaging the outcry if it was in the East end?

Do you think its unfair to edit film footage to make McCoist look like he was laughing during serious discussions about sectarianism?

Do you think its fair to target Craig Whyte, when folk like Lemmon, Desmond et al have been involved in shady business deals?

I could go on...

Whats the objective I hear asked? Its simple, for too long has this organisation chipped away at us with their snide innuendo & bigoted comments and now its time to show the BBC just what happens when you push too far. This protest is all about publicity, the more that turns up, the more publicity we will get - and they'll hate it.

We now have a custodian thats willing to take action, so lets show solidarity with him & let the BBC know that we are united and wont take anymore.

If your content to sit & moan behind a keyboard, fine, this isn't for you. Likewise, like a few have suggested on here, they cant see anything wrong with the BBC, then also fine, sit at home or go to the game. However, if you want to send a clear message to the BBC, then go to the protest and stand with other Bears.

Is it worth a couple of hours out your life? I certainly think so.

From small acorns......

Thanks mate, and great post. I think there will be a good turn out.

Right can someone clairfy a few questions i have please?

What happens when we get there?

Are we just going to be standing about or directing chants at employees etc? Im being serious as i dont have a scoobie as to what will happen

Just remember fellow Queen's 11 followers,keep the heed,dignity,decorum and no sectarian songs. The bbc cameras will be there recording every word because we are in their back yard and will show us up as scum if we put a foot out of line.

They will have a field day if we step out of line and bring up Manchester again.

FFS behave on Saturday or we'll never hear the end of it.

Bill Struth could be watching over us.

Would love to be there,but due to health reasons cannot attend.

Unlike the scum and their '' kill the bill'' protest in St Georges Square I am sure every true RFC fan will conduct themselves in a manner befitting of our proud historic club :crabflute:

Just remember fellow Queen's 11 followers,keep the heed,dignity,decorum and no sectarian songs. The bbc cameras will be there recording every word because we are in their back yard and will show us up as scum if we put a foot out of line.

They will have a field day if we step out of line and bring up Manchester again.

FFS behave on Saturday or we'll never hear the end of it.

Bill Struth could be watching over us.

The folk organising it will make sure it's controlled, however it goes without saying that everyone needs to behave which I'm sure they will.

As for what's happening, most fans groups are bringing banners, and there will be megaphones, etc. With the exception of ££ of course, who won't allow the protest to be even discussed on the site, which is a real shame.

Let's make it a day to remember.

This is what one of the organisers has just written, "On the above above we would encourage anyone coming along to to bring any sort of banner/placard or even flag they wish. We want it to be as colorful with plenty of messages to make our point! "

Right can someone clairfy a few questions i have please?

What happens when we get there?

Are we just going to be standing about or directing chants at employees etc? Im being serious as i dont have a scoobie as to what will happen

I was thinking the exact same thing mate, I have no problem showing my support.

But what will we be doing?

I was thinking the exact same thing mate, I have no problem showing my support.

But what will we be doing?

Aye same mate, i mean surely it wont be a kinda of "what do we want?" "un bias reporting!" "when do we want it?" "Now!"

obviously i wana show support for it but i would like to find out what kind of protest we are going to be involved in

Aye same mate, i mean surely it wont be a kinda of "what do we want?" "un bias reporting!" "when do we want it?" "Now!"

obviously i wana show support for it but i would like to find out what kind of protest we are going to be involved in

That'd be hilarious :lol:

But you're right, we want to go round this the right way. I'm sure the lads who organised it have thought it through but sharing it would be a good idea.

We don't want to get a huge turnout to just stand around with our hands in our pockets with the odd 'Fuck the BBC' chant.

That'd be hilarious :lol:

But you're right, we want to go round this the right way. I'm sure the lads who organised it have thought it through but sharing it would be a good idea.

We don't want to get a huge turnout to just stand around with our hands in our pockets with the odd 'Fuck the BBC' chant.

I know i made a slight joke there but seriously i want this to go well.

I know i made a slight joke there but seriously i want this to go well.

Likewise, 100% and I totally respect the fans who started this off.

It has my full support like I said, knowing what we are up to would probably help to bring more fans along aswell as clarifying it for those who are already going (tu)

Likewise, 100% and I totally respect the fans who started this off.

It has my full support like I said, knowing what we are up to would probably help to bring more fans along aswell as clarifying it for those who are already going (tu)

Yup makes it so much easier. Tbh im more worried about whats going on at the club just now than whats happening at the BBC and their reporting

Yup makes it so much easier. Tbh im more worried about whats going on at the club just now than whats happening at the BBC and their reporting

Likewise. I'll head along on Saturday anyway, its better than nothing!

They play on Sunday mate!

Im with rfc52 on this, what will be happening? Fully support it and will be attending. Fuck the BBC.

I hope there will be no abusive four-letter chants directed at the BBC building or its inhabitants therein. I can guarantee that's what the BBC shower will be hoping for - PC Plod will be there in numbers and they'd love nothing better than to charge numerous protesters with BOTP and using foul and abusive language....with the 'sectarian' rider thrown in for good measure.

Don't give them the opportunity.

A silent protest with well-worded banners would be just as effective.

What's more important is that this demo is well-attended. A large number of Rangers fans (and any friends of Rangers you can bring along) will send out the message that we've had it with this lot. I'm sure their main rivals (STV) will send a camera crew along, so - BEHAVE.

Lastly - even if you can only make a 15-minute appearance - try to do so.

The more the merrier.