Cleaning up our act has put spotlight on them definitely.

Friedmarsbar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I still fail to grasp about them is why being set up by an Irish guy means that at every opportunity you must glorify terrorists who have nothing to do with the setting up of the club. What a sad existence that the only thing important to you is where your grandparents were from and not where you yourself are going and where you lie your own head.

I also can't grasp the defence of their fans when every one of them has at least heard songs with the lyrics "soon there will be no protestants at all" which doesn't sound like a hate song at all...

Celtic have been claiming to be whiter than white for years, claiming to have the best fans in the world at the same time as you urge them to stop singing bile is such a brass neck move that I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing. They've not been in Europe long enough to be probed in years, this was inevitable at some stage and I commend the copper that reported them whilst the people from UEFA and FARE pretended they could not hear a thing. This is fairness and equality for the first time in years, we've watched their bile go ignored or hidden under some political blanket, and now they've brought the eyes and ears of decent people upon them.

The one and only complaint they can have, much the same as us is that they are far from the only guilty club, too big to be ignored though now but too small to be ignored also (see Barcelone and Real Madrid for big clubs who get away with murder and the Poles whose games are entirely about race hate for teams who are too small for a focus) but undoubtedly it is there petty campaign to get Rangers into trouble that has meant people are watching and saying, "hold on, why are these cretins getting away with this?"

I say punish them to the full extent that UEFA can but I wont be holding my breath, in the same way the the SPL deem air kicks from our players as violent conduct but actual assaults in our players as fine, I wouldn't put it past UEFA to say there is no case to answer.

Why, what have they been charged with singing about ? Love to hear this answer as Celtic didnt know an hour ago ?

All Lawell told them to stop was the pira stuff, they have plenty of offensive chants.

Apparently, the match commander, a Mr Eddie Smith(yes that one) reported offensive chants in support of the IRA to the UEFA delegate. (tu)

Apparently, the match commander, a Mr Eddie Smith(yes that one) reported offensive chants in support of the IRA to the UEFA delegate. (tu)

Is that definite though? That's what everyone seems to be in the dark over (surprise surprise). Got a link?

Speirs has selective hearing. He was defending the bheasts, saying the IRA chanting has been over exaggerated.

To be fair, i reckon you have a bit of selective hearing yourself.

Spiers said tonight that he though ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and the blue order have brought some excellent atmosphere back into the football grounds and that in general the offensive singing had defo died down.

He was unequivocal though in stating that Sellic need to get rid of the Up the RA chants and other IRA songs but he stated that he felt the more folky songs such as Derrys Walls, the Sash, Fields of Athenry and BOTOB were not really offensive.

Now im sure people can argue to and fro on each of them songs but i dont think youve painted him correctly going on what i heard of him tonight and depsite my dislike for him as a pretend journo. (tu)

He was unequivocal though in stating that Sellic need to get rid of the Up the RA chants and other IRA songs but he stated that he felt the more folky songs such as Derrys Walls, the Sash, Fields of Athenry and BOTOB were not really offensive.

Yeah, he said this right after he stated the IRA chanting at Celtics home ties had been exxagerated. He also said the problem was worse when they travel away from home.

• 1 month later...

I think that timmothy has played a very clever and well planned game. They have managed to get the mhedia to sing to their tune, pointing out the errors of our ways. Now to an extent this has partially backfired on them and they are only now realising that what they started is also going to affect their own club.

However, we still face an long uphill struggle before there is anything like a level playing field. We still face images of Ibrox or our support or players every time the mhedia mention sectarianism etc.

I am absolutely Scunnered with posts about Celtic on this forum. Why can't we keep it a positive thread about us, instead of bringing them, the media into everything.

Really starting to get on my nerves.

Could admin not make one big thread on the taigs if folk really want to discuss them at every given hour.

I agree with regards to the attentions given to the filth, but who wants a big scum thread in the bears den?