What is Scotland/Glasgow coming to?

Boab

I was at Sports Bar, the RM meet venue infact but I'm accusing us of anything, don't worry, and something came up that I thought I'd tell you all about.

Me and my Celtic fan friend were at the Sports Bar in Glasgow - watching the Manchester United game - and post match we decided to enter the quiz for some money for the tab.

As the Quiz was being announced, the DJ said 'No names that are Sectarian guys or our Security will throw you out' - this seemed stupid anyway and rash, why bring it up and if one did put anything out of order, then put them out.

But, my friend and I went onto discuss our team name and we went through a list but we came up with 'Seeeeebbbbbbbbooo!' for a laugh. We thought nothing of it. Why should have we?

Ended, up the 2nd round into the quiz, I was giving up the answers to the DJ and he said to me 'You have Sebo as your team name, we said , No Rangers or Celtic' and I replied ' How can Sebo be perceived as Sectarian?' and he replied 'Well, what if I said Filip?'

I was flabergasted.

Is this what our country has become? Perceiving any connotation with the old Firm as Sectarian?

Do some not understand what Sectarian means?

Is it because he wore a Green jacket and he was a dumb Celtic fan?

Or you think he was just a tube?

I was going to say something and say what I had said to you and question him but it was a little high from where he was to me so I left it....

Comments...

I was at Sports Bar, the RM meet venue infact but I'm accusing us of anything, don't worry, and something came up that I thought I'd tell you all about.

Me and my Celtic fan friend were at the Sports Bar in Glasgow - watching the Manchester United game - and post match we decided to enter the quiz for some money for the tab.

As the Quiz was being announced, the DJ said 'No names that are Sectarian guys or our Security will throw you out' - this seemed stupid anyway and rash, why bring it up and if one did put anything out of order, then put them out.

But, my friend and I went onto discuss our team name and we went through a list but we came up with 'Seeeeebbbbbbbbooo!' for a laugh. We thought nothing of it. Why should have we?

Ended, up the 2nd round into the quiz, I was giving up the answers to the DJ and he said to me 'You have Sebo as your team name, we said , No Rangers or Celtic' and I replied ' How can Sebo be perceived as Sectarian?' and he replied 'Well, what if I said Filip?'

I was flabergasted.

Is this what our country has become? Perceiving any connotation with the old Firm as Sectarian?

I was going to say something and say what I had said to you and question him but it was a little high from where he was to me so I left it....

Comments...

He was a sectarian tube.

You've got to clean up your act, IB, sort out your own sectarian problems before you complain about others.

Do guyz on here actually swally the crap this IB comes away with ?

He seems to be on some special personal agenda.....I just wish he would spit it aw oot and come clean instead of beating about the bush..you canny fool me pal

I was flabergasted.

Comments...

Perhaps if you weren't wearing your sash and playing a flute he would have taken you more seriously :lol:

In all seriousness though, it is becoming a trend that all things old firm - particularly all things Rangers - are considered sectarian

I was flabergasted.

Comments...

Perhaps if you weren't wearing your sash and playing a flute he would have taken you more seriously :lol:

In all seriousness though, it is becoming a trend that all things old firm - particularly all things Rangers - are considered sectarian

Hee haw wrong with a bit of flute n sash....Ive got a beautiful gold plated flute with an emblem of King Billy on it encased in a mahogany case which is felt lined .

It was priceless to me when I first presented with it and I wouldnt part with it if someone offered me the Bank of England.....no feckin way ! :pipeguy:

Guest orangpendek

the guy should have said no old firm names, like when a pub has 'no football colours' signs on the windows. bottom line, he's a dick who has taken his cue from other dicks in the media. tough. one thing about town, it isn't short of dicks.

you seem to watch the tims more than you do the rangers, just come out the closet and dont be shy. <_<

How do you work that one out?

im not being serious i know you are a gers fan its just my humour. :lol:

:lol: championee Then again my Dad used to tell me that Man U were the English, 'them' :lol:

you seem to watch the tims more than you do the rangers, just come out the closet and dont be shy. <_<

Way out of line accusing him of that :rolleyes:

:lol: championee Then again my Dad used to tell me that Man U were the English, 'them' :lol:

I hope they aren't, I was wanting them to win last night championee

IB we could do without people like you and your sectarian behaviour.

So offensive

aye right :lol:

But you're not joking when you say it about other bears.

I dont know about that, most of what he says is a joke to me. :pipeguy:

I was flabergasted.

Comments...

Perhaps now IB...you begin to get a flavour of what some of us have been banging on about for ages.

It wont stop with us signing a Catholic

It wont stop with us having a Catholic Captain

It wont stop with us fielding more Catholics in our team than Protestants

It wont stop with us having a Catholic Manager

It wont stop with us stopping singing TBB or FTP