First European Away match?

GoramsGlove

Following on from another thread about 1st away games, was wondering what the travelling European Bears first game was and if you have seen many away wins on the road?

For me nothing beats European trips.

My first one was Auxerre in 06' when we drew 2-2. Pretty much 5 years ago to the day i think. Horrible miserable night! :disappointment: Fantastic trip though!

Since then and 12 trips later i have seen 1 win if i remember right! 2-0 away to Sporting Lisbon in 08'.

Seen quite a lot of draws though!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livorno about 6 years ago.

Was fucking pishing down and had to sit on a bus all the way home.

Only missed 3 euro trips since. Can't beat watching the Gers abroad, some of the best times of my life.

Only wins I have seen are, Livorno and Lisbon. Seen a lot of draws and a lot of defeats.

First champions league away game was Man U but first abroad was Bratislava which we went to via Prague.

You just can't top away games abroad with the gers, amazing times and memories that will never be forgotten.

Hamburg will be my 14th trip, really can't wait!

My trips and scores are below.

Man U 3-0

Bratislava 2-2 

Villareal 1-1

Auxerre 2-2 

Barcelona 2-0 

Bremen 1-0

Lisbon 0-2 

Fiorentina 0-0 

(Zenit) Manchester 0-2 

Stuttgart 1-1 

Man U 0-0

Valencia 3-0 

PSV 0-0

Hamburg ?-?

osasuna 1985 first away trip went on the nitsdale bus had a great two days in pamploma pity we were beaten 2-0 and put out of the uefa cup on the night 3-1 on aggregate.and since then i havnt seen them win many games away from home tbh. boavista,valleta,psv,cska moscow,sporting,lyngby,lots of draws but mostly defeats. :disappointment:

Auxerre, we stayed in Paris. It was a fucking shite hole of a city and arse holes everywhere.

i worked with 4 blokes who set out to barcelona in 1972 went by car got as far as paris went to a roaside cafe bought a bottle of wine aske the waiter how much in those days it was about 10 pebce in our cash just give us four they said ,another four and so on they got deported from france one was so drunk he thought he had been to barcelona