First European Away match?

GoramsGlove

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st one Boavista 1986 won 1-0.

In total 17 wins(includes 2 penalty shoot outs) 17 draws and 31 losses. This means my losing rate is less than 50% so i am a lucky omen!

You were probably on the same bus as me to Moenchengladbach in '86, I went with the Kinning Park bus, if you were at that one as well.

Borussia Mönchengladbach v Rangers 1987 Germany, Rangers were fantastic that night, robbed silly and kicked off the park. DC sent of for talking back after Gers booted all over the place.

Attached link, well worth a look.

N/S

It was 1986 mate, thought my memory served me right.

You were probably on the same bus as me to Moenchengladbach in '86, I went with the Kinning Park bus, if you were at that one as well.

I was indeed mate. Scary when you realise it's 25 years ago and you are right it was 1986. Wee Jimmy Sanderson from Radio Clyde died that day as well(useless information)

My first was Eindhoven 1 nil ( the hammer)

Then Monaco 1 nil (gio)

Then villareal 1 1

Then auxerre 2 2

Then Barcelona beat 2 nil

Then uefa cup final (but didn't get a ticket) ended up watching it on a big tele outside a wee womans front garden along with another hundred bears after they polis arseholes moved us on from picadilly.

Friendlys include Newcastle tournament about 5 years ago and Bradford about the same

Shelbourne in 1998 down in Tranmere. We won 5-3 and I saw a horse come in a pub.

I've been to PSV, Monaco, PSG, Panathinaikos and Copenhagen so not actually seen us get beat, although the Pana game felt like a defeat.

I've seen many a cow in a pub but never a horse hh.gif