JamieD

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

You know what some are like on here, refuse to accept facts over their own hatred. This apparent 'money grabbing' knocked back an extra 20K in Turkey to sign for Boro!

The championship is vastly overrated in Britain, hard to compare a league that has double the amount of teams!

Don't let facts get in the way of a good old RM agenda :pipe:

The Championship is no way of a higher standard of the SPL. Would a leading Championship side have drawn 0-0 with Barcelona? Would they have drawn 0-0 with a full strength Man United side at Old Trafford? Would they have Beat Lyon 3-0 away from home? Would they have knocked out Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, and Sporting Lisbon to get to the Final of the UEFA Cup?

The Championship is no way of a higher standard of the SPl. Would a leading Championship side have drawn 0-0 with Barcelona? Would they have drawn 0-0 with a full strength Man United side at Old Trafford? Would they have Beat Lyon 3-0 away from home? Would they have knocked out Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, and Sporting Libon to get to the Final of the UEFA Cup?

It's sad in a way a generation of children have been brainwashed into believing english football can do no worng....i mean the championship :lol: ipswich v doncaster...championship :lol:

The Championship is no way of a higher standard of the SPL. Would a leading Championship side have drawn 0-0 with Barcelona? Would they have drawn 0-0 with a full strength Man United side at Old Trafford? Would they have Beat Lyon 3-0 away from home? Would they have knocked out Fiorentina, Werder Bremen, and Sporting Lisbon to get to the Final of the UEFA Cup?

Not even remotely relevant, but if you want to go down that road it would be worth pointing out a Champiionship club in Birmingham did much better than ourselves in Europe this season.

All the teams in the Championship would wipe the floor with the teams in the SPL outside of Rangers and Celtic, and that says it all.

Does this compare to Mojo 1989 at all?

No but I do get the impression it's mischief making from TLB.

I find it hard to believe that Kris Boyd, after more than a year of barely playing, would have the will to get himself to a good level of fitness and be a major threat again in the SPL.

Not even remotely relevant, but if you want to go down that road it would be worth pointing out a Champiionship club in Birmingham did much better than ourselves in Europe this season.

All the teams in the Championship would wipe the floor with the teams in the SPL outside of Rangers and Celtic, and that says it all.

Making up daft statstics to suit an already ridiculous arguement....that makes things much better

Poor wee english fanboy

Just out of interest how many championship games have you sat through this season.....exactly.....

I'm a football fan (not a fanboy of any kind) so I don't keep a record of how many games I watch, all depends on what games are on TV, when Rangers are playing, if i'm busy with anything else etc.

See the Championship fairly often on Sky and I can say for sure a game like Ipswich vs Doncaster is better than St Mirren vs St Johnstone.

People could argue that Birmingham(championship side) done far better against Maribor than we did this season.

It was a reserve United team at Old Trafford in that 0-0 game, whilst Leeds United, league one club at the time, won 1-0 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup in 2010, Crystal Palace knocked them out the league cup a few weeks back.

Do believe the league is overrated and many average SPL players have done very well in the Championship, but some of those points are completely wrong.

T. Kuszczak, W. Brown, C. Smalling, R. Ferdinand, Fábio, D. Fletcher,D. Gibson

A. Valencia, J. Park, W. Rooney, J. Hernández. That is some 'reserve team' they had last year; no wonder they won the League!

With 7 internationals in their reserves, the 1st team must be really something

I'm a football fan (not a fanboy of any kind) so I don't keep a record of how many games I watch, all depends on what games are on TV, when Rangers are playing, if i'm busy with anything else etc.

See the Championship fairly often on Sky and I can say for sure a game like Ipswich vs Doncaster is better than St Mirren vs St Johnstone.

:lol:

EPL fanboys like you are what keep Sky going...thanks for that....i just can't take your type seriously though.... :lol:

:lol:

EPL fanboys like you are what keep Sky going...thanks for that....i just can't take your type seriously though.... :lol:

Sums up what you know about football when you'd rather watch a game between SPL shite than a Championship game, I wouldn't especially want to watch either but there's a clear choice between the two.

What keeps Sky going is clubs who would be lost without the money they pump into English football.