Ally Admits Dorrans Interest But Must Sell Before He Spends

Broxi

Rangers boss Ally McCoist has confirmed his interest in West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans.

Dorrans' future at the Hawthorns has been the subject of conjecture with the Scotland international struggling to nail down a regular place in Roy Hodgson's starting XI.

The former Livingston man has been linked with a move to Ibrox as a possible makeweight in a deal for Gers striker Nikica Jelavic after Hodgson cast an eye over the Croatia international during the midweek Old Firm clash with Celtic.

McCoist, who does not want to lose Jelavic, is determined to bolster his squad in this month's transfer window and he admits Dorrans is on his list of targets.

"He [Dorrans] is a player I like," McCoist told the Sunday Mail. "There has been no contact between the clubs but I like him."

Asked if any deal would be permanent or whether a loan would be possible, McCoist replied: "No idea."

Funds promise

McCoist has revealed he has been promised some money to spend by Rangers owner Craig Whytefrom any funds he makes from depatures at Ibrox.

"Craig has told me I'll get some of the money if players go," added McCoist. "He hasn't put a figure on it. You can't because you don't know the fee that will come in.

"But I have been told if players leave I will get some of the money. I would hope that would allow me to buy a player who would animate the support because they need a boost as well.

"I have a few players in my sights whom I think would animate them.

"It is an important window for us. Only time will tell how important.

"If it happens, fantastic, if it doesn't happen then we have to get on with it.

"I would not be throwing my toys out of the pram. We have good players, although the loan market is an avenue I wouldn't be scared to go down.

"Walter Smith did some great business in the last window that way."

Sky Sports.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'But I have been told if players leave I wil get SOME of the

money...'

Doesnt fill me with much confidence. Sell a player like Jela/Davis and replace them with a Sandaza/O'Connor type, cheap and nasty.

Tbh i would not blame CW for this at all. Ally knew he had to get by Malmo or Maribor to have us in Europe, he done neither. We dont have any spare money kicking about and especially not with this tax case resuming in 2 weeks. Unfortunately Ally finds himself in this position thanks mainly to himself, Steven Whittaker and Madjid bougherra.

I'm really hoping that those comments are being made after learning from the summer where we appeared to be bleating our gums about anything and everything. He has stated he is a player he likes but not committing to whether he'll make any concrete offer, also by saying he'll only get some of the money raised from sales I'm hoping that's a tactic to stop any selling club from bumping up valuations.

Optimistic Loyal!!

Whyte gave Ally money no questions asked in the summer and 50% of his six summer signings sat at home pulling the head off it during the Old Firm game.

I can barely blame the owner for such caution this time round. Spending for spending's sake put us in this position.

If you look at it from Whyte's perspective, then he may be hesitant to give Ally more money to spend when half of the players he has signed are kept in the wilderness while shite like McCulloch, Whittaker and Broadfoot continue to play regardless of form or ability.

Whyte gave Ally money no questions asked in the summer and 50% of his six summer signings sat at home pulling the head off it during the Old Firm game.

I can barely blame the owner for such caution this time round. Spending for spending's sake put us in this position.

This.

Ive said already, i think edus for the off and we'll get decent money for him too. Weirs off in my opinion too. And, sadly, jelavic.

If we're not goin to play them, punt ortiz, bedoya, and mckay. If he doesnt rate them, get rid, theres no point keepin them.

We MUST get healy and especially kerakr of the wage bill, small salary or not, im starting to view it as a deliberate waste of wages, especially kerkar.

The continual chattering to the press about our "possible" signings are just another baffling things that I will file under "baffling" in the McCoist management dossier. It's up there with...playing Lee McCulloch, negative tactics, getting outplayed by almost everyteam in the SPL, not clicking that the long ball aint't working, the dissapearance of Matt McKay, David Healy coming on Parkhead, thinking we played well at Parkhead, training standards...etc, etc....

"Walter Smith did some great business in the last window that way."

Can someone please remind me what great business Walter did in the last January window? Please don't tell Ally is talking about David Healy and El Hadji Diouf? A fat has been striker that scored one goal and freakshow that almost derailed our title bid until he was benched for the last 10 games or so.

If that is the case, I genuinely worry about our manager

WTF i though Whyte promised some money irrelevant of sales etc. This is getting beyond a joke IMO we need to sell to buy now FFS what happened to the money he promised in the summer?

We are properly fucked IMO

I think all that cash went down the fooking pan when we dropped out of Europe...twice.

Totally agree. Why is more not made of the fact that ally has made atrocious signings? Atricious not because of their ability but because we have never gotten he chance to see if they possess any.