John Fleck today

ErnieEpsilon

An 'in the hole' attacking midfielder?

A striker?

A Center Midfielder?

A left winger?

It may be after today, and injuries, he wont leave after all but it will be interesting to see where Sheff Utd/Blackpool play him.

I wouldn't like to think he go down there and play as a attacking midfielder or striker then come back here end of the season to warm the bench and occasionally play in midfield when we are short. Bit of a waste perhaps?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS are set to put a block on a proposed loan deal for John Fleck after Kyle Lafferty was effectively ruled out for a month today with a hamstring injury.

Blackpool and Sheffield United were both interested in taking Fleck for the rest of the campaign.

However, there is no way Fleck can go right now after Lafferty limped off with a hamstring pull after just eight minutes of today's 3-0 win over Motherwell which could rule him out for a month,

Boss Ally McCoist said: "It's a big problem. It's very early but in my initial chat with Kyle he felt it cramp up and when he went to go again he felt as if he pulled it and that being the case it would certainly be four or five weeks.

"We don't need it but it's another problem we are faced with.

"We will have to reassess that wholee He he situation in terms of a loan deal for Fleck with Lafferty out for a few weeks and Jelavic missing the game with a groin injury and obviously Naismith out long term so it ain't ideal.

"We will sit and have a re-think and I have to say that the way Flecky played today would indicate that he will have more appearances in our first team than not.

"Jelavic had a fitness test this morning and felt that he couldn't play and we hope that it isn't anything serious.

"I have not heard anything more in terms of any interest in him."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120102/fleck-set-to-stay_2254024_2563878

Great news :D