Which player do you wish you could have watched play?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been so many Rangers players I've enjoyed watching (Baxter, Henderson. Willie Johnston ( an amazing player and unique personality) , Parlane, Colin Stein, Bobby Russel, Davie Coope, Super Allyr and so on, but in terms of awe then Brian Laudrup probably tops the list. Genius.

I never saw Gazza play live for us so he's the one I wished I had seen.

would love to have seen woodburn.

baxter was probably the best i seen though he was reportedly not as good in his second spell when i seen him but still class.

but like many there are loads i wish i had seen or been old enough to fully appreciate those that i did see

Not exactly original but Laudrup for me was easily the best Rangers player I have seen in my 25 years of going to matches regularly.

For an older player I would love to have seen the list is endless amongst our many great legends that we as a club have been so lucky to have had play for us, but I suppose Baxter and Cooper (at their best) would have been amazing to watch and compare to Laudrup. I seen Cooper the last few years of his career both with us and at Motherwell but I would have loved to have seen him a decade earlier.

seen laudrup gazza coisty hatley mols in his prime had a season ticket for 18 years and rangers have gave me some of the best days of my life. My dad is 64 and speaks of only one player as the best he has seen in a blue jersey - keepy up king of wembley - JIM BAXTER

Would loved to have seen Jim Baxter and Willie Henderson and the besti did see were Davie Cooper with guys like Laudrup,Gascoigne and Jorg Albertz right up there.The Hammer was special as to see a foreign player take everything it means to be a Ranger so much to heart he still calls this home and had tears running down his cheeks when put in the Hall of Fame is something else.

Would love to have seen Greig crunching into a few meaty tackles, and some of Baxters trickery, coupled with some Henderson magic!! :praise:

Also disappointed I never got to one game when Gascoine & Laudrup were with us, to see just how good they were, in the flesh!! :(

Best I've seen were Cooper & McCoist.